I'm sorry Loom. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2016, 05:16 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Alright.

So I work security and as part of that job we have a side job where we have to collect trolleys (there's not that many, like 20 at most) from the car park and empty the outside bins. I'm fine with this, it breaks up the boringness of standing behind a computer screen watching cameras.
There's 2 security staff on at any one point. It alternates each week as to who has to do it so most security staff have to do it like once a fortnight. I do it twice a week.

Anyway, I've never had any issues with it. I'm happy to do it and the guy I usually alternate with is happy to do it. Unbeknownst to be however on the days I don't work all was not smooth sailing. Two supervisors who do some security shifts have been abusing their supervisor powers to make other staff members do it in their place because they themselves don't wanna do it. And because my work colleagues are pussies they give in.

That was until last week. I was covering someones shift and got put on with one of these supervisors. It was his turn to do it and when it had been past time he was suppose to do it I radioed him. He basically told me I had to do it.
Now me being me I wasn't having a fucking bar of that shit. This exploded and basically I had two managers (who didn't know what these supervisors were up to) and this supervisor on my back telling me I had to do it. But I dug my heels in, even when I got into a yelling match with one of the managers (head of security no less). I aint doing that supervisors job for him. Anyway, once the head of security realized what was going on he and the other manager apologized (and the supervisor did but that was rather hollow so whatever, he can go fuck himself) and the head of security promised to sort it out.

Anyway, come this week there was a couple changes and last night I learned I now work with the OTHER supervisor. Guess who's turn it was to do trolleys and rubbish last night? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't mine. He straight up refused to do it.
So I called head of security who went down and had a word with him. The supervisor still refused and said he shouldn't have to do it and will be going to my managers boss, the head of the store.

It does my head in. Just sack up and do your fucking job. It's not gonna end well for him. He can't push me around, I'm not like the others.

So today's gonna be interesting. I'm doing 5 hours this afternoon covering for another security member. But what this means is she wont be their to do the weekly managers meeting so I'll have to go to that for security. So guess who gets to complain first to the stores boss about security staff not pulling their weight? supervisors too no less. Big Grin

Oh and I didn't do trolleys and rubbish last night and it wasn't done when I went home so this is gonna be doubly good. I love work drama, it's so stupid and shouldn't be an issue but oh boy it gives some excitement to my work day.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
23-03-2016, 06:07 AM
(22-03-2016 05:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Alright.

So I work security and as part of that job we have a side job where we have to collect trolleys (there's not that many, like 20 at most) from the car park and empty the outside bins. I'm fine with this, it breaks up the boringness of standing behind a computer screen watching cameras.
There's 2 security staff on at any one point. It alternates each week as to who has to do it so most security staff have to do it like once a fortnight. I do it twice a week.

Anyway, I've never had any issues with it. I'm happy to do it and the guy I usually alternate with is happy to do it. Unbeknownst to be however on the days I don't work all was not smooth sailing. Two supervisors who do some security shifts have been abusing their supervisor powers to make other staff members do it in their place because they themselves don't wanna do it. And because my work colleagues are pussies they give in.

That was until last week. I was covering someones shift and got put on with one of these supervisors. It was his turn to do it and when it had been past time he was suppose to do it I radioed him. He basically told me I had to do it.
Now me being me I wasn't having a fucking bar of that shit. This exploded and basically I had two managers (who didn't know what these supervisors were up to) and this supervisor on my back telling me I had to do it. But I dug my heels in, even when I got into a yelling match with one of the managers (head of security no less). I aint doing that supervisors job for him. Anyway, once the head of security realized what was going on he and the other manager apologized (and the supervisor did but that was rather hollow so whatever, he can go fuck himself) and the head of security promised to sort it out.

Anyway, come this week there was a couple changes and last night I learned I now work with the OTHER supervisor. Guess who's turn it was to do trolleys and rubbish last night? I'll give you a clue, it wasn't mine. He straight up refused to do it.
So I called head of security who went down and had a word with him. The supervisor still refused and said he shouldn't have to do it and will be going to my managers boss, the head of the store.

It does my head in. Just sack up and do your fucking job. It's not gonna end well for him. He can't push me around, I'm not like the others.

So today's gonna be interesting. I'm doing 5 hours this afternoon covering for another security member. But what this means is she wont be their to do the weekly managers meeting so I'll have to go to that for security. So guess who gets to complain first to the stores boss about security staff not pulling their weight? supervisors too no less. Big Grin

Oh and I didn't do trolleys and rubbish last night and it wasn't done when I went home so this is gonna be doubly good. I love work drama, it's so stupid and shouldn't be an issue but oh boy it gives some excitement to my work day.

I am not sure what country you are from. I am guessing you are not in the United States like I am. I did a similar job to yours. Security in a few supermarkets. I am curious if you ever catch people not paying for items. I am also curious if you do, does the store management feel you did a good thing or does it annoy them? When I was doing this job, I would catch at least $70 worth of stuff a day. Some of it the customers were trying to get away with and some the cashiers accidently gave away. It was always the people that were trying to get away with stuff that would complain to customer service or worse call corporate to complain. Even though the video evidence proved me to be correct, it was frowned upon because they didn't even want to lose the bad customers that stole at least one item every time they went shopping. I want to know what the general attitude is by you. Of course my co-workers hated me because I would catch more in a week than they had in the years they were there combined. It wasn't like they were trying though.
23-03-2016, 06:18 AM
(23-03-2016 06:07 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

I am not sure what country you are from. I am guessing you are not in the United States like I am. I did a similar job to yours. Security in a few supermarkets. I am curious if you ever catch people not paying for items. I am also curious if you do, does the store management feel you did a good thing or does it annoy them? When I was doing this job, I would catch at least $70 worth of stuff a day. Some of it the customers were trying to get away with and some the cashiers accidently gave away. It was always the people that were trying to get away with stuff that would complain to customer service or worse call corporate to complain. Even though the video evidence proved me to be correct, it was frowned upon because they didn't even want to lose the bad customers that stole at least one item every time they went shopping. I want to know what the general attitude is by you. Of course my co-workers hated me because I would catch more in a week than they had in the years they were there combined. It wasn't like they were trying though.

As a note, Muffsy is a kiwi

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
23-03-2016, 06:37 AM

Oh how I'd love to see the day you become head Kiwi.
23-03-2016, 12:18 PM
(23-03-2016 06:07 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

Yea we catch people every day. The type of store I work at is really bad for shoplifting. And our store in particular is the worst hit in the region due to our location and size. Management most certainly don't have an issue with it, in fact they're always trying ways to improve how we can catch more people. Fuck 'em, they're thieving cunts I believe is the general tone of it all.
As long as we're not doing any illegal management side with us if they complain and basically tell them to fuck off.

23-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Jesus fucking Christ. I don't know how other people do it. I totally understand why there are hookers. I've had sex ONCE in the past month. It's been a week. I might die. I wouldn't have had sec with my ex, but holy hell, I'm not a camel. Shit, even camels know it's hump day.

I don't have the free time to be going out to find a new suitable partner. Its soooooo much effort to find someone new. I'd rather just text a known safe partner and be like "come over or "can I come over" with the implication that there will be sex at least twice in the following 24 hours, with entertaining conversation or adventuring in between. Now is that so difficult? No.

And now I have to leave for work. There were 4 hours in there that could have been much better spent.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
23-03-2016, 08:16 PM
(23-03-2016 05:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Jesus fucking Christ. I don't know how other people do it. I totally understand why there are hookers. I've had sex ONCE in the past month. It's been a week. I might die...

I've got you beat by years.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
23-03-2016, 09:53 PM
I hate jewelry shopping. Weeping

24-03-2016, 06:22 AM
Question. So if the supervisor guy didn't do the trolleys and rubbish last week and the security manager did it the next day does that mean he hasn't done his turn and it's still his turn next week and not mine? Consider