Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-04-2016, 02:42 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I wanna go home. I got called in tonight because they couldn't get the lobby cleared enough. Let's do some math - 26 admit holds, 22 patients in the lobby when I arrived at 2300.

We should be diverting patients. But no. It's always like this. They need more beds in the hospital. A lot more. And to stop admitting bullshit. We don't have to admit everything for observation.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
06-04-2016, 03:29 AM
Other than typing up a God's Not Dead 2 review in pauses to catch my breath, I've been cleaning for the last 6 hours, lest my landlords find a spec of dust and fine me. Because they had notices up on everyone's doors that they're installing LED lighting tomorrow in everyone's apartments. I only saw the notice when I came back from the movies; I've been up 22 hours straight now, and once I'm done with work today, will hit the 34 hour mark...screw you landlords, just screw you.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-04-2016, 04:49 AM
Yay - I get to go home early...after 7 hours....

Even though it's overtime, only three of it will be time and a half. My work weeks are 36 hours after taking out for 30 minute unpaid lunches. I don't get overtime until 40... Despite the physical drain from 12 hour (really 12.5) shifts. I have to work an hour and twenty mins over with each shift before I get overtime pay for working overtime. Ridiculous./grumpy entitled rant

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
06-04-2016, 05:17 AM
(05-04-2016 03:01 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have eye infection. It's 3:45am I woke up my eye was sore. Looked in the mirror, puffy, red and feels like an infected eyelash follicle. Damn.

Those can get worse quickly. Better keep an eye on it...

Big Grin

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
06-04-2016, 05:19 AM
(06-04-2016 05:17 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(05-04-2016 03:01 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I have eye infection. It's 3:45am I woke up my eye was sore. Looked in the mirror, puffy, red and feels like an infected eyelash follicle. Damn.

Those can get worse quickly. Better keep an eye on it...

Big Grin

I see what you did there...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-04-2016, 05:22 AM
(06-04-2016 04:49 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Yay - I get to go home early...after 7 hours....

Even though it's overtime, only three of it will be time and a half. My work weeks are 36 hours after taking out for 30 minute unpaid lunches. I don't get overtime until 40... Despite the physical drain from 12 hour (really 12.5) shifts. I have to work an hour and twenty mins over with each shift before I get overtime pay for working overtime. Ridiculous./grumpy entitled rant

Thank you.

Medical professionals have a tough job and are too often unappreciated. Thumbsup

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
06-04-2016, 11:07 AM
(06-04-2016 03:29 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Other than typing up a God's Not Dead 2 review in pauses to catch my breath, I've been cleaning for the last 6 hours, lest my landlords find a spec of dust and fine me. Because they had notices up on everyone's doors that they're installing LED lighting tomorrow in everyone's apartments. I only saw the notice when I came back from the movies; I've been up 22 hours straight now, and once I'm done with work today, will hit the 34 hour mark...screw you landlords, just screw you.

What kind of jail/country do you live in that dust is a punishable offense? I've never had a landlord like that.
06-04-2016, 11:35 AM
So I have a rather large fruit basket, after getting a bunch of apples, I decided to clear a spot on the counter and went looking for the basket.

I can't find it! Anywhere. it's like gone.

I know, in the past I've toyed with getting rid of it because it's quite large and takes up a bit of countertop or table "real estate" but after culling some unneeded things I now have room without impeding other more useful areas.

So, what should have taken a few minutes of my time has now become a "shiny thing" I'm thoroughly distracted by. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-04-2016, 11:58 AM
Update: I asked the Man, who replied, "we have a fruit bowl?"

Eventually, I tracked it down in the garage. Dodgy spent a few minutes cleaning it up and put the apples inside. Smile

Now, if only I can the motivation to do all the other things around here. Undecided

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-04-2016, 12:03 PM
(06-04-2016 11:35 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So I have a rather large fruit basket, after getting a bunch of apples, I decided to clear a spot on the counter and went looking for the basket.

I can't find it! Anywhere. it's like gone.

I know, in the past I've toyed with getting rid of it because it's quite large and takes up a bit of countertop or table "real estate" but after culling some unneeded things I now have room without impeding other more useful areas.

So, what should have taken a few minutes of my time has now become a "shiny thing" I'm thoroughly distracted by. Dodgy

I couldn't help but think of this.
[Image: aDSQpwN.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post