Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-04-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-04-2016 06:12 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I one up my neighbors. They like to plow their driveway at 2am. I shovel snow back into their driveway after they are done and go back to sleep.

You sound suspiciously like you'd get along with my manager from the 4 years of undergrad that I worked at McDonalds. He had an employee pull a prank on him over a summer, and brag about it, despite how he was known to be the prank king of the store. Winter came, the employee forgot pranking him, but he never forgot. A blizzard came...and he had six people bury her car in snow, saran wrap around the snow surrounding the car, bury it in another layer of snow, then had the maintenance guy hook up the hose to spray a layer of water over it all to freeze...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
09-04-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm with mom...

Hang the clothes out to dry, wash the car, stoke up the barbie... within 30 minutes it'll start to rain. Guaranteed. Even with a clear blue sky.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
09-04-2016, 01:44 PM
(09-04-2016 12:09 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I'm with mom...

Hang the clothes out to dry, wash the car, stoke up the barbie... within 30 minutes it'll start to rain. Guaranteed. Even with a clear blue sky.

Blush

Yep, it kinda sucks.

Added headache, we noticed the window upstairs is shot. We thought the film on it was outside. Nope it's between the panes of glass -- which means a seal broke.

It's a huge arch window. I really don't want to think about it, its on the do before we put the house for sale plan -- hopefully a long time from now.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-04-2016, 01:58 PM
(09-04-2016 01:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Added headache, we noticed the window upstairs is shot. We thought the film on it was outside. Nope it's between the panes of glass -- which means a seal broke.

It's a huge arch window. I really don't want to think about it, its on the do before we put the house for sale plan -- hopefully a long time from now.

We have one of those windows. It was replaced when we bought the house (a condition of the sale). A couple years later the foundation shifted and that was the only window out of 22 to crack. Undecided Afraid to even ask what it will cost to replace...especially since it's about 20 feet from the floor.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-04-2016, 04:09 PM
(09-04-2016 01:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 01:44 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Added headache, we noticed the window upstairs is shot. We thought the film on it was outside. Nope it's between the panes of glass -- which means a seal broke.

We have one of those windows. It was replaced when we bought the house (a condition of the sale). A couple years later the foundation shifted and that was the only window out of 22 to crack. Undecided Afraid to even ask what it will cost to replace...especially since it's about 20 feet from the floor.

We had an arch window do the same in the dining room. I refused to replace it. We brought more money to closing than they did, so the buyers were welcome to go fuck themselves. They even tried to get our (steam cycle front loading) washer and dryer set thrown in and pitched a fit right after closing when they saw we took them. Uh no. This is the south - even the refrigerators don't stay.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
09-04-2016, 08:53 PM
(09-04-2016 04:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 01:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We have one of those windows. It was replaced when we bought the house (a condition of the sale). A couple years later the foundation shifted and that was the only window out of 22 to crack. Undecided Afraid to even ask what it will cost to replace...especially since it's about 20 feet from the floor.

We had an arch window do the same in the dining room. I refused to replace it. We brought more money to closing than they did, so the buyers were welcome to go fuck themselves. They even tried to get our (steam cycle front loading) washer and dryer set thrown in and pitched a fit right after closing when they saw we took them. Uh no. This is the south - even the refrigerators don't stay.

Really? I didn't know that about the south. I can totally see the washer and dryer, but the refrigerator?

You leave the dishwashers, though right? Ovens?

I think most people also take the water softeners, too.
09-04-2016, 09:00 PM
(09-04-2016 08:53 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(09-04-2016 04:09 PM)Nurse Wrote:  We had an arch window do the same in the dining room. I refused to replace it. We brought more money to closing than they did, so the buyers were welcome to go fuck themselves. They even tried to get our (steam cycle front loading) washer and dryer set thrown in and pitched a fit right after closing when they saw we took them. Uh no. This is the south - even the refrigerators don't stay.

Really? I didn't know that about the south. I can totally see the washer and dryer, but the refrigerator?

You leave the dishwashers, though right? Ovens?

I think most people also take the water softeners, too.

Here, if it's not screwed down it doesn't go with the house unless by contracted arrangements.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
10-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Ants! Angry

Ants in my fucking. LAPTOP! Censored

Seriously, wtf? Facepalm

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
10-04-2016, 06:34 PM
(10-04-2016 06:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Ants! Angry

Ants in my fucking. LAPTOP! Censored

Seriously, wtf? Facepalm

You win on wtf'ery. Shocking

I was just browsing Facebook while waiting for Dominos to get here and got angry with Evangelicalism again. My best friend from my grad program had posted 10 photos from her women's Retreat with her church. She's always posting about stuff she's doing with that church. She's going to run out of time to defend her dissertation and auto fail out of the program for reaching the 7 year time limit in about a year if she keeps just doing church stuff instead of buckling down on her dissertation and actually getting the work done (hasn't even defended the Perspectus yet), and then she'll have about $180,000 in debt and only her Masters to show for it, not a finished PhD.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Ranting corner
Blah blah politics blah fucking blah blah fucking USA blah blah blah goddamn stupid people except for me blah blah blah