Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-04-2016, 07:16 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-04-2016 06:38 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 06:13 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I don't know. That might be going a bit too far. Unless the original prank was that bad.
Bit of both, original prank involved setting his food on fire while he was saying grace. But he was always a bit over the top. They got a cake for me when I left after four years, or rather that manager did, but no one else was touching it...ended up taking it home untouched and luckily so. My dad ate a piece and his teeth were the color of the icing for a week, one last goodbye prank.

(11-04-2016 06:17 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  This morning I witnessed a moron use an off ramp to pass someone that left just a little bit too much space between them and the car ahead of them. Well, the idiot also left a little too much room, so I darted in front of him without a turn signal. I don't know when people will figure out that respect is earned, not just given. If you fail to respect myself or others, I owe you no respect. If anything, you are owed blatant disrespect.

Oy. This morning on the way to work, a guy in a BMW, kept trying to cross double yellow behind me to pass a truck in front of me and I on a one lane each way road. He then repeatedly almost hit me as he kept pulling back over, realizing there was oncoming traffic in the other lane. Then he nearly hit me, honked the horn, and flipped me off when he didn't slow down after my blinker had been on to turn and I slowed to turn.

Sounds like you must also be in New Jersey, or somewhere similar. This is why I started driving with a dash cam. People like that tend to lie quite convincingly after causing a car accident. I would love for someone trying to pass me over double yellow in an area where I am going to turn. I would push the asshole into the guard rail just to drive the point home. I would then tell the cops that I had my turn signal on and I had no idea he was going to try to pass me illegally.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
11-04-2016, 11:44 AM
Yeah, people in the more expensive cars seem to think they own more of the road than the rest of us, and don't have to stop for stop signs, either. I'm going for a bike ride shortly. Any of those expensive cars get a lot of space from me.
11-04-2016, 11:51 AM
(11-04-2016 11:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeah, people in the more expensive cars seem to think they own more of the road than the rest of us, and don't have to stop for stop signs, either. I'm going for a bike ride shortly. Any of those expensive cars get a lot of space from me.

I used to own a 1995 F-150 rust bucket. Expensive cars gave me more room than anyone. Those that didn't saw their expensive cars crumpled on impact with my left rear bumper. Both times their fault. Both times not even a scratch on my left rear bumper or any other indication of impact. They begged me to get out of there before the cops showed up so they make up a different story. Vaya con dios, amigo.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-04-2016, 02:09 PM
(11-04-2016 11:51 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(11-04-2016 11:44 AM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeah, people in the more expensive cars seem to think they own more of the road than the rest of us, and don't have to stop for stop signs, either. I'm going for a bike ride shortly. Any of those expensive cars get a lot of space from me.

I used to own a 1995 F-150 rust bucket. Expensive cars gave me more room than anyone. Those that didn't saw their expensive cars crumpled on impact with my left rear bumper. Both times their fault. Both times not even a scratch on my left rear bumper or any other indication of impact. They begged me to get out of there before the cops showed up so they make up a different story. Vaya con dios, amigo.

Karma is the best, when it actually catches up with people. It is not often though.
11-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Dead chicken...decapitated dead chicken...decapitated dead chicken in the laundry room of my building. Hobo

Fucking Santeros. Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
11-04-2016, 03:33 PM
(11-04-2016 02:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Dead chicken...decapitated dead chicken...decapitated dead chicken in the laundry room of my building. Hobo

Fucking Santeros. Angry

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Goddamnit, it's hailing again!

Apparently making sure what didn't get broken last time will get broken now.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
11-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Had to sleep in the spare bed, cuz ants all over my shit! Blush

Removed the sheets, & pillow cases ~ washed.
Took some Office Depot Cleaning Duster & blew the hell out of every key on the laptop.
Used this:
[Image: 071549019693lg.jpg]
E'ERWHERE! Windows, corners, & along the floor & cieling egdes. But up & down the bed posts, along the metal runners on the right & left sides, & even the bottom of the head board & foot boards. I EVEN sprayed a 'ring' around the sides of the boxsprings, running my fingers along to make sure it was nice and wet with pesticides!

I walk in to my room. It smells heavy on the bug poison!
That gasoline smell... smells like... victory! Evil_monster

'Cept I just counted 4 ants crawling across my fucking mattress! Weeping

11-04-2016, 06:11 PM
(11-04-2016 05:17 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Had to sleep in the spare bed, cuz ants all over my shit! Blush

Removed the sheets, & pillow cases ~ washed.
Took some Office Depot Cleaning Duster & blew the hell out of every key on the laptop.
Used this:
[Image: 071549019693lg.jpg]
E'ERWHERE! Windows, corners, & along the floor & cieling egdes. But up & down the bed posts, along the metal runners on the right & left sides, & even the bottom of the head board & foot boards. I EVEN sprayed a 'ring' around the sides of the boxsprings, running my fingers along to make sure it was nice and wet with pesticides!

I walk in to my room. It smells heavy on the bug poison!
That gasoline smell... smells like... victory! Evil_monster

'Cept I just counted 4 ants crawling across my fucking mattress! Weeping

Might be time...

[Image: Smell-Of-Napalm.gif]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
11-04-2016, 06:12 PM
Flood in the house...glass everywhere. Fence destroyed. Windows shattered. Multiple leaks in the roof. Car really has dents now. Husbands truck is destroyed this time...no back window left in it. Swing destroyed, all my birdfeeders destroyed, skimmer covers on the pool shattered. This is one unholy mess.

Hail from the size of peas to the size of baseballs.

How in the hell we have power and internet is beyond me.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?