Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-04-2016, 07:59 PM
RE: Ranting corner
FREE SPEECH.....

Freedom of speech (Wikipedia)

Freedom of speech is the right to communicate one's opinions and ideas without fear of government retaliation or censorship. The term freedom of expression is sometimes used synonymously, but includes any act of seeking, receiving and imparting information or ideas, regardless of the medium used.

and

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Wex Resources

It does NOT state you have a right to say any fucking thing you want without any recourse or consequences. Geesh! Am I the only one who gets this? Facepalm

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
11-04-2016, 08:25 PM
I hate having company. Have to cancel golf game Wednesday to pick them up at the airport. What were they thinking? Shorten their stay by telling them I an atheist. Ha!

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post
11-04-2016, 08:29 PM
The downstairs is livable. There is a lot of water damage on the ceiling and working it's way down the walls...guess I will get a new roof and ceiling out of this. You could hear the hailstones breaking through the roof...it was crazy.

The upstairs is covered with shards of glass. It's like the bedroom windows exploded. The kitchen windows (on the same side of the house) also shattered. I picked glass out of the chair legs.

My car is trashed. I just put $600.00 worth of tires on it. I may go to the shop where I got them and have them take them off and replace them with crap tires since they will surely total my car now.

The back yard is a disaster area. The fence, pool skimmer covers, the swing, all my bird feeders are shattered...we can't let the dogs out as it's too dangerous...broken glass and plastic and huge holes in the fence. The garage is also wrecked.

The guy we contracted to repair the damage from the last storm will be here in the morning to tarp the roof and cover the windows we couldn't get to.

What a damn mess. At least we and the dogs are okay...if not a bit shaken up.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
11-04-2016, 08:55 PM
(11-04-2016 08:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  horrible horrible snip

Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2016, 09:29 PM
(11-04-2016 08:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The downstairs is livable. There is a lot of water damage on the ceiling and working it's way down the walls...guess I will get a new roof and ceiling out of this. You could hear the hailstones breaking through the roof...it was crazy.

The upstairs is covered with shards of glass. It's like the bedroom windows exploded. The kitchen windows (on the same side of the house) also shattered. I picked glass out of the chair legs.

My car is trashed. I just put $600.00 worth of tires on it. I may go to the shop where I got them and have them take them off and replace them with crap tires since they will surely total my car now.

The back yard is a disaster area. The fence, pool skimmer covers, the swing, all my bird feeders are shattered...we can't let the dogs out as it's too dangerous...broken glass and plastic and huge holes in the fence. The garage is also wrecked.

The guy we contracted to repair the damage from the last storm will be here in the morning to tarp the roof and cover the windows we couldn't get to.

Holy shit! Glad you all are safe. Maybe you need a steel roof and closely spaced iron bars on the windows. Dayamn!
11-04-2016, 09:51 PM
(11-04-2016 08:29 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The downstairs is livable. There is a lot of water damage on the ceiling and working it's way down the walls...guess I will get a new roof and ceiling out of this. You could hear the hailstones breaking through the roof...it was crazy.

Yikes. Hug

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-04-2016, 10:21 PM
(17-03-2016 12:30 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm just gonna whine:

I got three hours of broken sleep this morning. Ended up getting early because I was staaaarving. I have class at 2:45, so I have to leave in 30 minutes to make it on time. Sad

I so sleepy. I don't know how I'm gonna make it through a four hour lecture on how to appropriately triage. Not enough caffeine in the world...

Oh, and my post above was quite disjointed. I was a bit upset.

Sorry Anjie, this is the suckiest news ever Sad Heart Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Just paid a $500.00 deductible on my car last week for the damage from the storm on 3/23. Now I have to pay it again. It sucks having to put a new windshield in a car that will be totaled. But, we don't have anything to drive. My daughter has nothing to drive, my son has nothing to drive...his girlfriend's car is trapped in their garage because the roof collapsed on it last night.

After the last storm and this one there is not going to be a rental car to be found anywhere in N TX.

The $1,400.00 deductible for the house will surely triple. This is so not good.

Need to get out in the yard and try to make it safe for the dogs. Waiting for the roof guy to get here with tarps as it is supposed to start raining later today. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-04-2016, 07:04 AM
(11-04-2016 07:59 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  [...] It does NOT state you have a right to say any fucking thing you want without any recourse or consequences. Geesh! Am I the only one who gets this?

Exactly. Which is why you can't legally shout "fire!" in a crowded movie theatre.

Interestingly, in Australia we have no constitutional right to freedom of speech.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
12-04-2016, 07:17 AM

I liked the post only because of the last sentence.

Anjele if I lived closer I’d drive up to help out.

One thing you may want to consider as you rebuild, impact resistant windows or better yet storm shutters. I live knowing full well that my house is on borrowed time and one of these days a Category 3+ hurricane is going to destroy it. In the meantime to survive Cat 1,2 and Tropical Storms we have metal, accordion shutters and a standing-seam metal roof. Yes they are more expensive but it could save you from another incident like this one.

[Image: accordian-275x300.jpg]

[Image: standing-seam-clsoe-up.jpg]

ps No skylights

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce