Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-04-2016, 08:03 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-04-2016 07:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So more rain in the forecast...why the fuck not.

We have to move the furniture out of the bedroom and tear up the carpet. The glass is so embedded that no amount of vacuuming will get it out.

Still haven't had an insurance adjuster out here to look at the house. I have taken a ton of pictures as did our contractor.

Here's an aerial shot of the town I live in taken by one of the Dallas news stations. We are now Tarpville.

Vibes for your frustrations!
Hopefully your insurance providers will be prompt and generous!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-04-2016, 08:08 AM
(13-04-2016 08:03 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(13-04-2016 07:33 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So more rain in the forecast...why the fuck not.

We have to move the furniture out of the bedroom and tear up the carpet. The glass is so embedded that no amount of vacuuming will get it out.

Still haven't had an insurance adjuster out here to look at the house. I have taken a ton of pictures as did our contractor.

Here's an aerial shot of the town I live in taken by one of the Dallas news stations. We are now Tarpville.

Vibes for your frustrations!
Hopefully your insurance providers will be prompt and generous!

We now have to pay a second deductible on the cars in order to get windows in them. Then they will probably be totaled which means we have to magically come up with new cars. And the deductible on the house will most likely triple, at least. Two damaging hail storms in 19 days...it's too much.

I don't even know what to do at this point. It just gets worse and worse. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-04-2016, 10:02 AM
It's fucking raining...I give up. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-04-2016, 10:23 AM
(13-04-2016 10:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  It's fucking raining...I give up. Weeping

There are reasons why people don't generally want to live in certain areas. I hope you don't live in tornado alley.
13-04-2016, 10:31 AM
(13-04-2016 10:23 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

There are reasons why people don't generally want to live in certain areas. I hope you don't live in tornado alley.

I currently live in Hail Hell.

13-04-2016, 11:11 AM
Doc's office called back. Thyroid was fine. Liver enzymes (mine are always elevated) were improved compared to my baseline. However, barring some weight loss, my A1C barely placed me into the Diabetic range (which was one possibility I brought up to the nurse given my weight and she concurred given the symptoms it might be). Hopefully it's the kick in the butt I need to finally lose the weight, being 29 and told "yeah you've got Diabetes".

(13-04-2016 08:08 AM)Anjele Wrote:  We now have to pay a second deductible on the cars in order to get windows in them. Then they will probably be totaled which means we have to magically come up with new cars. And the deductible on the house will most likely triple, at least. Two damaging hail storms in 19 days...it's too much.

I don't even know what to do at this point. It just gets worse and worse. Undecided

Good grief that's awful! Sad I wish you the best of luck, for what it's worth. Right before moving 600 miles I took a car in for inspection and was told the frame was rusting through and had 15 days to ditch the car and get a new one before it became unsellable, so definitely have an idea of what it's like to replace (albeit only one) a car on short notice with other money issues going on.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2016, 12:24 PM

Hug
13-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Off I go to my appointment to get a new windshield. I have been advised that even with an appointment there is a 3 to four hour wait. Facepalm

14-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Ranting corner
Had so much shit happen in 2016 my hair has gone from a few gray hairs to 1/3 gray all over in a couple months. I didn't think that was possible.
14-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Just because this week couldn't possibly get any better Dodgy I have to leave in a few minutes to go to a funeral. Weeping

Found more glass on the floor and there are thunderstorms forecast for Saturday.

I do have a new windshield though. Woohoo.