Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-04-2016, 08:16 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-04-2016 08:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Just because this week couldn't possibly get any better Dodgy I have to leave in a few minutes to go to a funeral. Weeping

Found more glass on the floor and there are thunderstorms forecast for Saturday.

I do have a new windshield though. Woohoo.
But. . . but. Awwww. (T_T)

*HUUUUGS*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
14-04-2016, 12:41 PM
Years ago...and I mean years ago (when I was 16) I had a root canal done but never got it crowned due to price of it.

A couple days ago that tooth cracked. I've been trying to find a dentist but literally no one takes this crappy insurance. The ONE PLACE I was told takes it wont answer the phone (I left a message)

How annoying. Its uncomfortable and I hate not being able to take care of it.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
14-04-2016, 10:37 PM
So, I'm annual leave at the moment. First time I've ever taken annual leave.
I applied for some more hours that came up before I took annual leave. Those hours are like half an hour ago till later. So I got a phonecall from my boss 10 minutes ago and I answered because I thought he was gonna tell me I got the hours and they didn't put them through when they did my annual leave or something like that.

Nope.

He said the person working that shift canceled last minute (typical work colleagues) and he asked if I wanted to work it. Now this is where it becomes a first for me. Because normally I am fucking sublime, masterful in the art, at coming up with very believable good excuses in a fucking instant. They just instantly pop into my head and I say them and they're fantastic. But this time I went to say something and... nothing.. FUCKING NOTHING! even started stuttering a little. Wanna know what I said? "I can't, I gotta be somewhere at 5..." and this is after a lot of "ahhh" and "ummm" ing so it's like I was thinking about doing the shift and so to compensate I quickly muttered out "but only for a second, like 10minutes..". Instantly regretted it. "Oh? where do you need to be?" The obvious follow up question. And again, complete blank. Nothing. Nudda. Zip. Zero. So I told the truth.. "umm.. the.. Chinese place.. to get dinner.. I want Chinese for dinner..". Huge motherfucking awkward pause as we both contemplate what the fuck just happened. I just told my boss that I can't work because I want Chinese food for dinner. I literally could have just said at the start "no I can't I have to be somewhere" but somehow I managed to make it the single most awkward conversation of my life... WITH MY BOSS! "you want Chinese for dinner?" he asks in a stunned kind of voice. Me: "yes...". Him: "ok... well... we'll get someone else than...". Me: "umm.. ok..." another small awkward pause. Him: "bye.." me: "bye.."

This must be what normal people feel like all the time and why the dread phoning work sick or getting phonecalls from work. I've never just drawn a blank like that. I think I have early onset of Alzheimer's.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
15-04-2016, 12:38 AM
(14-04-2016 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, I'm annual leave at the moment. First time I've ever taken annual leave.
I applied for some more hours that came up before I took annual leave. Those hours are like half an hour ago till later. So I got a phonecall from my boss 10 minutes ago and I answered because I thought he was gonna tell me I got the hours and they didn't put them through when they did my annual leave or something like that.

Nope.

He said the person working that shift canceled last minute (typical work colleagues) and he asked if I wanted to work it. Now this is where it becomes a first for me. Because normally I am fucking sublime, masterful in the art, at coming up with very believable good excuses in a fucking instant. They just instantly pop into my head and I say them and they're fantastic. But this time I went to say something and... nothing.. FUCKING NOTHING! even started stuttering a little. Wanna know what I said? "I can't, I gotta be somewhere at 5..." and this is after a lot of "ahhh" and "ummm" ing so it's like I was thinking about doing the shift and so to compensate I quickly muttered out "but only for a second, like 10minutes..". Instantly regretted it. "Oh? where do you need to be?" The obvious follow up question. And again, complete blank. Nothing. Nudda. Zip. Zero. So I told the truth.. "umm.. the.. Chinese place.. to get dinner.. I want Chinese for dinner..". Huge motherfucking awkward pause as we both contemplate what the fuck just happened. I just told my boss that I can't work because I want Chinese food for dinner. I literally could have just said at the start "no I can't I have to be somewhere" but somehow I managed to make it the single most awkward conversation of my life... WITH MY BOSS! "you want Chinese for dinner?" he asks in a stunned kind of voice. Me: "yes...". Him: "ok... well... we'll get someone else than...". Me: "umm.. ok..." another small awkward pause. Him: "bye.." me: "bye.."

This must be what normal people feel like all the time and why the dread phoning work sick or getting phonecalls from work. I've never just drawn a blank like that. I think I have early onset of Alzheimer's.
This is a good thing. This validates all the other times. Now they "know" how bad you are at lying. Good on you.

Also:
Hahahahahahaaa. (^_^)
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
15-04-2016, 01:08 AM
(14-04-2016 10:37 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, I'm annual leave at the moment. First time I've ever taken annual leave.

Nope.

You didn't need to lie. You coulda just said "No. I've been looking forward to my leave, this is someone else's cock up."

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
15-04-2016, 06:01 AM

Nope.

That will happen more and more as you get older.
It really was because of an internal conflict. You wanted the money for working the hours, yet you also didn't want to work more hours. Try not to fight with your inner voices. Hobo
15-04-2016, 08:32 PM
(15-04-2016 01:08 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Nope.

You didn't need to lie. You coulda just said "No. I've been looking forward to my leave, this is someone else's cock up."

EXACTLY!

Quote:That will happen more and more as you get older.
It really was because of an internal conflict. You wanted the money for working the hours, yet you also didn't want to work more hours. Try not to fight with your inner voices. Hobo

I didn't, Chinese food won. Chinese food always wins. I would sell my own mother into slavery for some even average as fuck Chinese food. The two greatest things America did for this world was land a man on the moon and perfect Chinese food.

Sweet and sour pork, black bean beef, egg foo yong (or however the fuck it's spelled), those thin brown noodles with the nommy sauce, that honey pork with the celery and bell peppers, the chicken.. oh sweet mother of all things glorious the chicken.. the fish... Glorious glorious Americanized Chinese food.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
16-04-2016, 01:57 PM
One of my mentors in grad school told me that if I was like him, my body would start falling apart at the age of 30. Two months until the big 3-0. However, in the past 140ish hours I have been to my GP and gotten put on nausea medicine, Diabetes medication, diagnosed with Diabetes, and now had a trip to the ER resulting in high blood pressure medication in which they seemed quite amazed nothing bad had happened beyond my headache and some tingling. Oh and I'm supposed to see my GP for a follow up no later than Tuesday and they think I may have Shingles. It was too early to really tell, but got the encouraging words "ask your doctor on Tuesday, or if you start experiencing really bad searing pain in your cheek".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Way of the Master? Seriously? Couldn't Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort think of a better name? It's so cheesy. It sounds like it would be an old kung-fu film.

[Image: 517wDLPWyWL._SX338_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

[Image: 41KsOG771FL._SY400_.jpg]
16-04-2016, 02:58 PM
(14-04-2016 12:41 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Years ago...and I mean years ago (when I was 16) I had a root canal done but never got it crowned due to price of it.

A couple days ago that tooth cracked. I've been trying to find a dentist but literally no one takes this crappy insurance. The ONE PLACE I was told takes it wont answer the phone (I left a message)

How annoying. Its uncomfortable and I hate not being able to take care of it.

Even with the best dental insurance out there anything beyond a small filling is insanely expensive. Dental insurance is a joke.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat