Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-04-2016, 07:43 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I almost late for work today, because an idiot was puttering along in the left lane at 10mph less than the speed limit and there was nothing ahead of them. Why is the idea of staying right except to pass so foreign to people? I can't stand it. When I finally got the opportunity to pass (on the right) because there was no other option, I flipped them the bird and when in front of them I reached out the window and pointed to the right side of the road. Of course they just looked confused and stayed in the left lane. Some people have no right to be driving.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
20-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Tried to go to the doc who prescribed my new meds when I thought I had a reaction, right when they opened this morning. They sent me to the ER again...4 vials of blood, lab tests, an EKG, a CT scan, and a veritable bag of physical testing later the diagnosis is essentially "Damned if we know". Was told to follow up with PCP's office who sent me there and get an MRI referral for elsewhere, because local hospital doesn't have a machine that can be used for someone of my bulk.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-04-2016, 11:17 AM
(20-04-2016 11:14 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Tried to go to the doc who prescribed my new meds when I thought I had a reaction, right when they opened this morning. They sent me to the ER again...4 vials of blood, lab tests, an EKG, a CT scan, and a veritable bag of physical testing later the diagnosis is essentially "Damned if we know". Was told to follow up with PCP's office who sent me there and get an MRI referral for elsewhere, because local hospital doesn't have a machine that can be used for someone of my bulk.
*Hug*
[+] 1 user Likes Nishi Karano Kaze's post
20-04-2016, 11:53 AM
I got someone to remove a bullshit post off of Facebook. I only hope they learned something from just "sharing" crap that sounds good in their head, without looking into it further.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-04-2016, 12:36 PM
(19-04-2016 08:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(18-04-2016 08:35 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I dont think it would work for this. Its a tooth that had a root canal done to it years ago, it split all the way down one side past the gum line Sad

I had some ice cream and apparently the tooth decided that was a good time to go. Ugh.

I guess you could saying by eating the ice cream you.....bit off more than you could chew.

That's cold, dude. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
20-04-2016, 12:39 PM
(20-04-2016 12:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-04-2016 08:42 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I guess you could saying by eating the ice cream you.....bit off more than you could chew.

That's cold, dude. Dodgy
That's old, dude. (^_^)
20-04-2016, 01:30 PM
(20-04-2016 11:17 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  *Hug*
Thanks, it's just been a real Hell of a week medicine wise. Having tingling and numbness and such on one side is scary, especially when they have no clue and can't find anything. The MRI should be to look for another possible type of stroke (didn't have the one a CT scan finds). Hopefully when they get back to me, refer, and have it done, it'll come up empty too. Better "damned if we know" than "hey you're having strokes at 29". Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
20-04-2016, 01:37 PM
(20-04-2016 01:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 11:17 AM)Nishi Karano Kaze Wrote:  *Hug*
Thanks, it's just been a real Hell of a week medicine wise. Having tingling and numbness and such on one side is scary, especially when they have no clue and can't find anything. The MRI should be to look for another possible type of stroke (didn't have the one a CT scan finds). Hopefully when they get back to me, refer, and have it done, it'll come up empty too. Better "damned if we know" than "hey you're having strokes at 29". Hug
Is 29 young for a sand-worm? I'm sorry if I seem insensitive, I just don't have much experience with your kind.
20-04-2016, 04:04 PM
(20-04-2016 11:53 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I got someone to remove a bullshit post off of Facebook. I only hope they learned something from just "sharing" crap that sounds good in their head, without looking into it further.

I had some fucknut who kept tagging me in posts about his self-published ebooks. These were these woo books about The Secret and The Law of Attraction type shit. I messaged him asking nicely to remove me from them. I told him I support fellow writers but I'm an atheist who doesn't believe in this kind of thing. He sent back a reply saying no, because he believes that by sharing "the question for real truth" he's helping people blah blah fucking blah... I asked again. He said no again. So I told him, then fine, I'll have to remove all the tags, defriend, and block you because you're rude and pushing your beliefs on others just like a street preacher yelling at others.
21-04-2016, 03:12 AM
I have a rant. It has to do with a debate I watched between Sam Harris and William Craig at Notre Dame. The debate was on Morality and whether or not a deity must exist for morality to exist. I wanted to pull of my ears every time DR Craig would come to the conclusion that god must exist because it validated a foundation for moral concepts and duties; he continually repeated the same thing over and over. Over, over, over, and over. He (Dr. Craig) would not concede not even for one moment that Evil can exist if a deity did not exist. Nor could he comprehend that Morality could develop among humans as a behavior for survival, or as conscious rational beings not wanting undue suffering for anyone.
I find myself dumbfounded that there are so many extremely intelligent and accomplished people in this world that truly believe this hocus pocus bronze aged fairy tale. Its a slap in the face to logic and rational thought. I'm going to stop here because I feel that I am about to go into 327,764 tangent rants.
[+] 1 user Likes datr75's post