Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-04-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-04-2016 06:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  What an idiot. With how crazy our country is about sex. We love guns, violence, and gore, but sex scares the shit out of everyone. I really can't wrap my head around it.

Sex and showing women's nipples, remember, it's alright if they're covered by anything during basic cable, but slip up and show one like Janet Jackson and the entire world comes to a screeching halt. Meanwhile, Tosh.O the other night opened with like 5 minutes of some guy squeezing and pinching his nipples while leering into a camera and that's perfectly okay.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2016, 02:00 PM
(27-04-2016 11:28 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 06:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  What an idiot. With how crazy our country is about sex. We love guns, violence, and gore, but sex scares the shit out of everyone. I really can't wrap my head around it.

Sex and showing women's nipples, remember, it's alright if they're covered by anything during basic cable, but slip up and show one like Janet Jackson and the entire world comes to a screeching halt. Meanwhile, Tosh.O the other night opened with like 5 minutes of some guy squeezing and pinching his nipples while leering into a camera and that's perfectly okay.

Actually her nipple was covered by a pasty. Which kinda blew the whole wardrobe malfunction thing apart.

I mean how could she say it was a malfunction when her tit was prepared?

The whole thing was just dumb.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-04-2016, 02:17 PM
I remember when I was around 8, my parents took me to the movie "Howard the Duck". The film had a fair amount of violence in it and the one scene I did not remember at all was the "Duck Tits" scene. It was a fake pair of titties on a fake as hell duck sitting in a bathtub and it was the one thing in the movie they were worried about me seeing. My mother's hand was firmly pressed over my eyes during that whole 30 or so seconds. Then they wonder why all guys are obsessed with breasts. If I was able to see them as a kid often, it would be no big deal. The fact that it was completely forbidden is why that is the first thing I reach for on my wife when I am in the mood. I see people letting their young kids play Call of Duty where there is plenty of gun violence and blood, but would flip out if their kid got their hands on a playboy or a national geographic that has nudity. I get that sex can spread disease if you are not safe about it, but come on. People are really screwing this up.
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
27-04-2016, 04:27 PM
Good points. I forgot about the pasty...and BirdGuy has killed any desire I might have had for Howard the Duck, though reminded me why certain issues of NatGeo were everyone in school's first "forbidden fruit" type experience. And agreed definitely on the violent video games vs. sex thing; one acquaintance I know let's his seven year old play God of War and such on his old PS2, which is super violent, but he made sure to take over and send the kid out of the room for the sex minigame.

--

Also sorry to multi-rant, but student told me she thought people in her row were cheating on a test today. Sure enough, two people have the exact same things wrong. I was ready to lay down the law and kick them out of the course; pulled up the university policy on academic dishonesty and all I can do on a first offense is a private oral warning. Seriously uni? Seriously? Now I'm going to make 3 versions of the Final Exam.

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
27-04-2016, 06:04 PM
Yup, anytime some kids missed a test, they got a different test when they took it. I taught at a private school, and the classes were small enough the kids would not have a chance to cheat during class.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
27-04-2016, 06:50 PM
That's the way to do it. Sadly this is an 80 seat lecture hall, so the size is a bit harder to keep under constant patrol.

27-04-2016, 08:15 PM
Ugh, my stupid ass fell asleep and wasted most of my evening. Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
27-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Cottonwood.

That's all.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Had to do a stupid ass PowerPoint project, and I didn't get to talk to my crush!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
27-04-2016, 09:02 PM
(27-04-2016 06:50 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  That's the way to do it. Sadly this is an 80 seat lecture hall, so the size is a bit harder to keep under constant patrol.

My middle son attended San Jose SU many years ago. One of his Engineering profs explained to the students that anyone cheating on a test would not be handed a final exam. She then left the room during a midterm. Some students immediately started sharing information. There was a window on the door, and she could see them cheating. I don't know how she was able to prove it when it came final exam time, but some of the kids were told that they weren't getting the exam because of cheating. I really don't understand cheating. In the end, one only cheats one's self.

From my collegiate days- some of the frats had some smart guys write down the questions and develop the answers for other student brother's use later. On one Chem test, the prof had a final where some guys solved the problems using the last semester's test. Different questions on the latest version. Burned!

I had cheating happen with one class in high school, when I taught. 3 guys who were doing miserably all conveniently missed a pre-calculus test. When they came in the next day, they were put in an office that I shared with some other teachers, and proctored by another teacher. I came in later in the day, and during grading, discovered a cheat sheet below my desk blotter. One of the girls had managed to transcribe all the questions during the test (right under my nose!), and another solved all the problems, later. The guy using it had slid it under there to avoid getting caught. Thing was, I had used different problems (like I hadn't figured out that THREE students out sick that day were stretching probability a little thin in my vicinity)! I got the culprit's names by examining the handwriting (easy in a class of 12 students). Not a pleasant experience, for anyone involved. Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post