Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-04-2016, 09:15 PM
RE: Ranting corner
With all the effort some people put into cheating, they could just sit their asses down and oh, I dunno, learn the material. Dodgy

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
27-04-2016, 09:35 PM
(27-04-2016 09:15 PM)Nurse Wrote:  With all the effort some people put into cheating, they could just sit their asses down and oh, I dunno, learn the material. Dodgy

I know, right?! In the end, the product delivered has to be good. Look at what is going on with VW and the emissions scandal. That can of worms is starting to crawl over to other manufacturers. Mitsubishi is now in the cross hairs of the US Gov for falsifying mileage claims.

Cheating is like crime- it's just a matter of scale. One cheats, and the line gets blurred. Before one knows it, the line can't be found.
28-04-2016, 03:12 AM
I'm channeling my inner Earmuffs. I've never been a vengeful person before, but everyone has their limits. Jesus fucking Christ.

I'm stirring the shit out of this pot. There are some motherfucking cunts going down. I bet they're freaking the fuck out. After months of using our weaknesses against me and my friend, we've found theirs, and we're about to exploit the shit out of them for the pain they've caused. Enjoy the stomach ulcers, mothefuckers! Enjoy being lonely. Enjoy your right hand, because you'll be fucking just yourselves for quite some time. Welcome to hell. Drinking Beverage

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
28-04-2016, 03:17 AM
(28-04-2016 03:12 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm channeling my inner Earmuffs. I've never been a vengeful person before, but everyone has their limits. Jesus fucking Christ.

I'm stirring the shit out of this pot. There are some motherfucking cunts going down. I bet they're freaking the fuck out. After months of using our weaknesses against me and my friend, we've found theirs, and we're about to exploit the shit out of them for the pain they've caused. Enjoy the stomach ulcers, mothefuckers! Enjoy being lonely. Enjoy your right hand, because you'll be fucking just yourselves for quite some time. Welcome to hell. Drinking Beverage

Right... first your workplace and then the world am I right?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
28-04-2016, 03:59 AM
(28-04-2016 03:12 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm channeling my inner Earmuffs. I've never been a vengeful person before, but everyone has their limits. Jesus fucking Christ.

This.

This is why I have a whitelist.

This is why you're the first name on it.

Tongue Heart Hug

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
28-04-2016, 11:52 AM
Random stuff that annoys me right now.
  • People selling shit on fb. Someone really needs to explain to me how selling overpriced cosmetics empowers women?!
  • Why are 'wind' (as in the wind blowing) and 'wind' (as in the long and winding road or wind up a watch) spelled the same?
  • Cottonwood.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-04-2016, 12:09 PM
(28-04-2016 11:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Random stuff that annoys me right now.
  • Why are 'wind' (as in the wind blowing) and 'wind' (as in the long and winding road or wind up a watch) spelled the same?

Same for read (as in I will read a book) and read (as in I have read a book).

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
28-04-2016, 01:01 PM
Quote:People selling shit on fb. Someone really needs to explain to me how selling overpriced cosmetics empowers women?!

Because it gives them the opportunity to slave away for "the man". What could be more empowering?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-04-2016, 01:12 PM
(27-04-2016 09:02 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My middle son attended San Jose SU many years ago. One of his Engineering profs explained to the students that anyone cheating on a test would not be handed a final exam. She then left the room during a midterm. Some students immediately started sharing information. There was a window on the door, and she could see them cheating. I don't know how she was able to prove it when it came final exam time, but some of the kids were told that they weren't getting the exam because of cheating. I really don't understand cheating. In the end, one only cheats one's self.

From my collegiate days- some of the frats had some smart guys write down the questions and develop the answers for other student brother's use later. On one Chem test, the prof had a final where some guys solved the problems using the last semester's test. Different questions on the latest version. Burned!

I had cheating happen with one class in high school, when I taught. 3 guys who were doing miserably all conveniently missed a pre-calculus test. When they came in the next day, they were put in an office that I shared with some other teachers, and proctored by another teacher. I came in later in the day, and during grading, discovered a cheat sheet below my desk blotter. One of the girls had managed to transcribe all the questions during the test (right under my nose!), and another solved all the problems, later. The guy using it had slid it under there to avoid getting caught. Thing was, I had used different problems (like I hadn't figured out that THREE students out sick that day were stretching probability a little thin in my vicinity)! I got the culprit's names by examining the handwriting (easy in a class of 12 students). Not a pleasant experience, for anyone involved. Dodgy

I wish my uni was as cool with that sort of stuff as San Jose U. My two haven't even replied to the "We need to talk" emails. And the "oral warning" is all I'm allowed to give for the first time offense under university academic dishonesty policy. Second offense is to make up the work again. We don't even do actual punishments until 3+ times, at which point it's not really that helpful unless you give a ton of busy work.

And your problem there doesn't sound pleasant for anyone involved, no, but you sound like you did some awesome detective work! Smile Although leaving the cheat sheet for you to find was entirely too stupid on their part x.x And the frat guys on the test are reminiscent of my middle school French teacher. She had a Final Exam that for her entire career at the middle school had been entirely made up of True answers and it was 100 True/False translations. So most of the class rushed through and put True on everything. The rest of us were like "Weird, we know the way she's done it but this is False, and this one, and this one and..." all of them. Something like 27/30 people failed their Final worth 50% of their grade in that class, and then she retired.

(28-04-2016 11:52 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Random stuff that annoys me right now.
  • People selling shit on fb. Someone really needs to explain to me how selling overpriced cosmetics empowers women?!

So you don't want to buy "It Works" wraps from my friend who sends me daily invites to try them?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
28-04-2016, 01:17 PM
  • Cottonwood.

Cottonwood. That shit blows everywhere.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post