Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-05-2016, 11:28 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-05-2016 08:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 12:08 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sleep well, hope you have a good day tomorrow

Thanks!

Just one of those days, where everything falls on a Monday. Dodgy

Looking ahead my iPhone warns me that the whole week will be like this.

Plus, have I ever mentioned that I have a hard time sleeping when the bedroom temperature is 79?

Yep, that's me, whiny girl.

For the entire winter I keep the house a steady 76 degrees. Now that we are into spring, I keep it around 60. My wife is complaining that it is too cold and I should have turned the heat on this morning before I left for work. Oh, and my heating bill for the month during the winter and cooking and hot water is only $65 dollars normally. It has been as high as $75 on occasion. Thanks science for a 99.9% efficient heater.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2016, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 07:25 PM by Anjele.)
Husband has been dealing with the contractor...I am supposed to stay back and let the men handle it. Angry

First the tarp job was shoddy, resulting in more damage. Then the roofing crew who showed up Saturday bailed. Then they were supposed to be here after lunch. At 3:30 still not here.

Okay, I am done with this BS. I tried to contact the contractor and he didn't answer my call or text. So....I called the main office and got the project manager on the phone. A woman...nice woman. Roofers are to be here first thing in the morning or I am to call her. I let her know I am running quickly out of patience with their company. Also told her that if the contractor is going to show up here tomorrow he better be wearing a helmet...she laughed.

After I sent him a text letting him know that Kayla is handling it, he responded with more BS. But he did decide to respond. Dodgy

If the roofers show up in the morning...I will be taking over the communications with the construction company. Fuck this 'guy code' shit...it's going to take two women to get this damn job done. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
02-05-2016, 05:08 PM
I'm just exhausted.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-05-2016, 06:47 PM
(02-05-2016 04:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Husband has been dealing with the contractor...I am supposed to stay back and let the men handle it. Angry

First the tarp job was shoddy, resulting in more damage. Then the roofing crew who showed up Saturday bailed. Then they were supposed to be here after lunch. At 3:30 still not here.

Okay, I am done with this BS. I tried to contact the contractor and he didn't answer my call or text. So....I called the main office and got the project manager in the phone. A woman...nice woman. Roofers are to be here first thing in the morning or I am to call her. I let her know I am running quickly out of patience with their company. Also told her that if the contractor is going to show up here tomorrow he better be wearing a helmet...she laughed.

After I sent him a text letting him know that Kayla is handling it, he responded with more BS. But he did decide to respond. Dodgy

If the roofers show up in the morning...I will be taking over the communications with the construction company. Fuck this 'guy code' shit...it's going to take two women to get this damn job done. Censored

Rip 'em a new one!
02-05-2016, 06:55 PM
(02-05-2016 06:47 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 04:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Husband has been dealing with the contractor...I am supposed to stay back and let the men handle it. Angry

Okay, I am done with this BS. I tried to contact the contractor and he didn't answer my call or text. So....I called the main office and got the project manager in the phone. A woman...nice woman. Roofers are to be here first thing in the morning or I am to call her. I let her know I am running quickly out of patience with their company. Also told her that if the contractor is going to show up here tomorrow he better be wearing a helmet...she laughed.

Rip 'em a new one!

I think it's already been done. He said in his text he would get in touch with Kayla to see what the plan is. I told him what she told me that plan is. Next text from him was signed "Respectfully, James H".

Husband was shocked...I told him it should have said "fearfully". Dodgy

I will be the one here tomorrow to make sure this shit gets done and gets done right. I am done with playing around with this guy.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
02-05-2016, 07:08 PM
It's hot outside.

*melts*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-05-2016, 07:18 PM
(02-05-2016 06:55 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 06:47 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Rip 'em a new one!

I think it's already been done. He said in his text he would get in touch with Kayla to see what the plan is. I told him what she told me that plan is. Next text from him was signed "Respectfully, James H".

Husband was shocked...I told him it should have said "fearfully". Dodgy

I will be the one here tomorrow to make sure this shit gets done and gets done right. I am done with playing around with this guy.

Sick'em... grrrrrrrrrrrr............ Laugh out load

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
02-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Ugh. School.
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
02-05-2016, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2016 08:56 PM by Shai Hulud.)
I second CosmicRaven's statement, as a prof. I'm just so drained right now. Then again I did some piss poor planning on my syllabus and had 500 pages of papers and 4 sections of hand graded tests come due at once, so to speak, over the past two weeks. It's why I've barely been on, and missed the guy from the Freedom From Religion Foundation speaking at my uni today. Also had to deal with cheaters, helping to show the person covering another's classes how to use technology because Dept. Chair's mom died, the Dean of Students Office contacting me over a matter (I'm not in trouble, but bound by law not to give further details), Faculty Senate, Committee Meetings, writing Finals, lecturing, attending round tables with local high school teachers (which killed my faith in public education in this area), and a slew of students who realized "OMG NEXT WEEK IS FINALS AND I'M FAILING".

Edit: And on the Catholic Board I mod on, this Holier Than Thou guy who thinks he's quite literally more Catholic than the current Pope, is ranting about how none of us will honestly recite the Oath Against Modernism by St. Pope Pius X (after whom a Traditionalist schismatic movement is named) and we're probably all going to Hell for it. Really dude, in the end, you make a more persuasive argument for atheism than any Atheist apologetics. I love listening to the TTA podcast. I'm enjoying Dawkins. I have major issues with the Old Testament's morality and a lot of horrifying stuff in it; I do ponder about the nature of geography and culture in the role of religion and realize to a minor extent, leaving being a Baptist in a fundie filled area for Catholicism was a semi-bucking of that, but not entirely, because Christianity of some form is geographically and culturally the predominant religion of North America. Hell, I'll even admit it, a lot of my values are better described as "secular humanist" in comparison to the things this guy spews (I'm pretty sure he still wants to burn heretics, and I don't joke at that). But seriously Angry Traddy, you are all that is wrong in Christendom incarnate.

Okay, I think I'm good now. Thank you thread, that feels better to have ranted.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-05-2016, 09:02 PM
(02-05-2016 08:44 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I second CosmicRaven's statement, as a prof. I'm just so drained right now. Then again I did some piss poor planning on my syllabus and had 500 pages of papers and 4 sections of hand graded tests come due at once, so to speak, over the past two weeks. It's why I've barely been on, and missed the guy from the Freedom From Religion Foundation speaking at my uni today. Also had to deal with cheaters, helping to show the person covering another's classes how to use technology because Dept. Chair's mom died, the Dean of Students Office contacting me over a matter (I'm not in trouble, but bound by law not to give further details), Faculty Senate, Committee Meetings, writing Finals, lecturing, attending round tables with local high school teachers (which killed my faith in public education in this area), and a slew of students who realized "OMG NEXT WEEK IS FINALS AND I'M FAILING".

Edit: And on the Catholic Board I mod on, this Holier Than Thou guy who thinks he's quite literally more Catholic than the current Pope, is ranting about how none of us will honestly recite the Oath Against Modernism by St. Pope Pius X (after whom a Traditionalist schismatic movement is named) and we're probably all going to Hell for it. Really dude, in the end, you make a more persuasive argument for atheism than any Atheist apologetics. I love listening to the TTA podcast. I'm enjoying Dawkins. I have major issues with the Old Testament's morality and a lot of horrifying stuff in it; I do ponder about the nature of geography and culture in the role of religion and realize to a minor extent, leaving being a Baptist in a fundie filled area for Catholicism was a semi-bucking of that, but not entirely, because Christianity of some form is geographically and culturally the predominant religion of North America. Hell, I'll even admit it, a lot of my values are better described as "secular humanist" in comparison to the things this guy spews (I'm pretty sure he still wants to burn heretics, and I don't joke at that). But seriously Angry Traddy, you are all that is wrong in Christendom incarnate.

Okay, I think I'm good now. Thank you thread, that feels better to have ranted.

What the actual fuck are "Atheist apologetics"?

And why would you capitalize atheist? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user