Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-11-2012, 06:58 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Just found out that there's no QI this week. I was looking forward to it, as always. Actually, I needed it.

On a happier note - I may not have to translate the last 10 pages of my book - it's excerpts from other pieces of crap the talentless hack has "written". A talentless, religious hack, who thanks god in the acknowledgements section. Thanks him for her sense of humour and imagination. Trust me, she has neither. Though she's definitely not lacking in arrogance. Sometimes I wish I had been born just a teensy-weensy bit stupider.

Oh, and earmuffs, why on earth would you willingly subject yourself to something like Honey Boo Boo? Though I have been known to check out an episode or two of Toddlers and Tiaras, because it's the perfect venting opportunity. So many things wrong with it, that one just doesn't know where to start. Makes you reach the puking, eye-gouging stage way too fast though.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 08:11 AM
I was interested into seeing what the youth are watching these days. (inspired by a thread in CC).

Suffice to say my lack of hope for future generations was confirmed even more so.
I think it's at the point where it just can't get any worst then that.
Honey Boo Boo is very low point even by the next generations standards.

[Image: oscar.png]
18-11-2012, 08:54 AM
(18-11-2012 08:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I was interested into seeing what the youth are watching these days. (inspired by a thread in CC).

Suffice to say my lack of hope for future generations was confirmed even more so.
Nah, you can't judge them using Honey Boo Boo. That's like the creme de la creme of the worst TV has to offer. Of maybe merde de la merde... How would it go? Consider Anyway, I'm assuming (or strongly hoping) that people only watch this as they'd look at a car accident (which is something whose appeal I don't understand either, but that's neither here nor there).

In short - do not despair. Or least, not because of Honey Boo Boo (plus, those people would eat themselves to death before they've hit 40).

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
18-11-2012, 11:19 AM
(18-11-2012 08:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 08:11 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I was interested into seeing what the youth are watching these days. (inspired by a thread in CC).

Nah, you can't judge them using Honey Boo Boo. That's like the creme de la creme of the worst TV has to offer. Of maybe merde de la merde... How would it go? Consider Anyway, I'm assuming (or strongly hoping) that people only watch this as they'd look at a car accident (which is something whose appeal I don't understand either, but that's neither here nor there).

In short - do not despair. Or least, not because of Honey Boo Boo (plus, those people would eat themselves to death before they've hit 40).

I consider myself forever blessed that I have never watched Honey Boo Boo. I assumed it was some kind of tele-tubbies piece of crap? Which to my eternal detriment I have seen an advert for. I could feel the braincells dying :O It was madness. I hurried to turn off the TV and bash my head against a wall repeatedly to stop the rot. I hope it worked...
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
18-11-2012, 11:22 AM
My neighbour is a proper fucking twat.

I like to listen to new music through youtube, if I like a tune I will save it to my playlist and then play it through youtube on my xbox which is then in turn played through my Samsung sound system. On the rare occasion I will crank it up halfway for the duration of the song.

Today I have decided to play my whole playlist of dubstep through my xbox and after a while I heard my neighbour banging on the wall, TBH I thought he was putting a picture up until something nearly put my window through. So I looked out the window and my neighbour is in his garden and the convo we had went like this....

Me: Whats up???
Neighbour: Turn your fucking music off
Me: Oi... chill the fuck out, what did you throw at my window it nearly smashed it.
Neighbour: I can hear you bass in my house.
Me: I never play my music very loud... ill turn it off before it gets dark.
Neighbour: You will turn it off now or else.
Me: Oh really? Like what?
Neighbour: You will see if you dont turn it off.
Me: well you better show me now because for being a twat when I close my window you getting all 800 fucking watts of the bastard now
Neighbour: Im going to call the police.
Me: Do it, im not breaking any laws and I very much doubt I will hear them knocking now anyway.

The thing is I have helped the guy out in the past, we have allways got on pretty well. If he had asked me politely to turn my music down I would of.... but because he was a twat and tried to threaten me what does he expect???

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
18-11-2012, 11:33 AM
(18-11-2012 11:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  I consider myself forever blessed that I have never watched Honey Boo Boo. I assumed it was some kind of tele-tubbies piece of crap? Which to my eternal detriment I have seen an advert for. I could feel the braincells dying :O It was madness. I hurried to turn off the TV and bash my head against a wall repeatedly to stop the rot. I hope it worked...
I was gonna post a clip of that abomination ('cause I'm a bitch), but then I realised that I actually have to watch them before I post them and I'm in no condition to handle this right now (or ever).

(On an even bitchier note, I've always found making fun of the way people look one of the lowest things one can do, but really, how can a whole family balloon up to such a humongous extent... Don't they reach a point in their lives when they look in the mirror and realise something's terribly terribly wrong...)

18-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Ranting corner
(18-11-2012 11:33 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 11:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  I consider myself forever blessed that I have never watched Honey Boo Boo. I assumed it was some kind of tele-tubbies piece of crap? Which to my eternal detriment I have seen an advert for. I could feel the braincells dying :O It was madness. I hurried to turn off the TV and bash my head against a wall repeatedly to stop the rot. I hope it worked...
I was gonna post a clip of that abomination ('cause I'm a bitch), but then I realised that I actually have to watch them before I post them and I'm in no condition to handle this right now (or ever).

(On an even bitchier note, I've always found making fun of the way people look one of the lowest things one can do, but really, how can a whole family balloon up to such a humongous extent... Don't they reach a point in their lives when they look in the mirror and realise something's terribly terribly wrong...)

They look in the mirror and say, not a whole fucking lot I can do about this shit.
Then the go eat some more S'getti with butter and ketchup. No

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-11-2012, 11:43 AM
(18-11-2012 11:36 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  They look in the mirror and say, not a whole fucking lot I can do about this shit.
Then the go eat some more S'getti with butter and ketchup. No
Yeah, but no one's born this way. Wasn't there a point in their lives where they were struck by the realisation that if they go on like this, they'll most likely explode? I mean, we're not talking slightly overweight, we're talking not capable of climbing a flight of stairs, quadruple chins, cankles (such a disgustingly hilarious word, that one) morbidly obese.

18-11-2012, 12:03 PM

People like this is nothing new. Looking at things critically means we should look for the source. Who is giving this show the time to air? Why? Is this the upcoming younger generation? I'm betting not, the younger generation participating is the outcome. It's my generation and older that is providing us this low opportunity.
18-11-2012, 03:13 PM
That's cause your TV sux. On mine, there was this workout ad for Tracy Anderson... with my Gwynnies. Big Grin

And I was like, Big Grin

Still. Big Grin

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post