Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-05-2016, 03:04 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-05-2016 10:33 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Windows: So uh... you're not like in the middle of anything are you?

Me: Well actually I've got like two minutes left on this show and I'm really invested in it, and-

Windows: Too bad! Updates!! COMMENCE TOTAL FUCKING FREEZE-FRAME OF COMPUTER INCLUDING LOUD BUZZING SOUND IN USER'S EAR

[Image: Lol-Face-Animated-Gif-03.gif]

Fuck you, Windows! Fuck you with a steel wool toilet brush!! Hobo

Oh, and by the way...

Yes, Windows, that is you - the assbutt of assbutts Hobo

Ah yes, the sound of a CPU overloading, as in my case watching Star Trek TNG:
"Space; the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Turn off Windows Update EA. It always causes more bugs than it fixes.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2016, 04:27 AM
If I wake up in the middle of the night, I have trouble getting back to sleep.

I've been up since about 1:30 am. I have to be at work by 8.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-05-2016, 05:32 AM
So work short paid me three days so that's exciting.
I thought my paycheck was a little skimpy. I would like my extra $360 you ow me thank you very much work.
03-05-2016, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 09:31 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(03-05-2016 04:27 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  If I wake up in the middle of the night, I have trouble getting back to sleep.

I've been up since about 1:30 am. I have to be at work by 8.

I had nights like that and hope you got some sleep. (FML I needed more coffee before I posted)

Dog woke me up. Barking. It was already uncomfortable upstairs.

Oh the reason for the barking?

Absolutely no clue, the dog is going blind and somewhat deaf -- he's 14. All I know it's best to ignore him.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-05-2016, 08:39 AM
(02-05-2016 09:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Post on Facebook that norovirus is going around. One of the comments says "Chemtrails...". How can someone show so much stupidity with such little effort or words.

I actually believe that something odd is happening. There are some jets that are at high altitude and leave a small vapor trail that fades in a few minutes. There are others at lower altitudes that leave behind a larger trail that spreads out. I used to have a job outside and could watch them. Some days there would be about 15 flights like that in about 2 hours. The trails left behind would not only linger, but spread out until it is overcast. Sometimes it would even rain. I think that at the very least the government has been seeding clouds.
03-05-2016, 10:33 AM
(02-05-2016 09:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  What the actual fuck are "Atheist apologetics"?

And why would you capitalize atheist? Consider

Maybe counter-apologetics is a better term? Regarding cherry picking verses, how kids are raised in the cultural faith of their parents usually and how that's often based on geography, etc. As for capitalizing Atheist, just a habit.

Evil Aside: My little cheaters in a class are in for a world of pain. Designing 3 versions of the Final Exam.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
03-05-2016, 11:04 AM
ELK, I can't reply to your post 'cause the reply button was pushed off the screen. Hobo But anyway. Big Grin Yeah I might have to do that. Feckin' Windows. Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
03-05-2016, 11:52 AM
(03-05-2016 11:04 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  ELK, I can't reply to your post 'cause the reply button was pushed off the screen. Hobo But anyway. Big Grin Yeah I might have to do that. Feckin' Windows. Dodgy

This is the gospel on anti-Windows Update

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
03-05-2016, 07:02 PM
And douche of the year award goes to......

My ex husband. Big surprise.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
03-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Ugh. We've been fighting the past 24 hours and I'm sitting close enough to hear his voice mumbling to nurse 2.0 during my son's baseball practice.

It's like fingernails down a chalkboard. Rainbow Vomit

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post