RE: Ranting corner
yum! I'll share that good energy. .
Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Dear Cousin's Baptist Minister Husband,

By now, surely you should realize, that lecturing me doesn't work. I've told you once and I will reiterate now; I won't censor what I post because it offends you, I won't censor what I post because your kids play games on your Facebook account, and I don't believe your six and three year olds should be allowed on social media anyhow. Do you know how many child predators are out there? I have a good guess, it's part of my job, and one of them is a member of your denomination that you're no longer friends with on Facebook. Anyhow, as always when we have these minor disagreements where you feel the need to try to censor me, I hope you enjoyed that latest post I shared from The Satanic Temple. Smile (Oh and I refuse to apologize for those clay tablets someone posted to my wall about, where the Noah's Ark story probably came from the Epic of Gilgamesh, and the Epic of Gilgamesh's ark was probably round.)

Love,
Your Cousin In Law
---
Also, screw that asshole, Nurse. You're way better than him, no matter how hard he's trying to get under your skin, you're definitely the better person.

Edit reason: Put "while" instead of "I will", no clue why.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2016, 10:55 AM
(03-05-2016 08:39 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 09:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Post on Facebook that norovirus is going around. One of the comments says "Chemtrails...". How can someone show so much stupidity with such little effort or words.

I actually believe that something odd is happening. There are some jets that are at high altitude and leave a small vapor trail that fades in a few minutes. There are others at lower altitudes that leave behind a larger trail that spreads out. I used to have a job outside and could watch them. Some days there would be about 15 flights like that in about 2 hours. The trails left behind would not only linger, but spread out until it is overcast. Sometimes it would even rain. I think that at the very least the government has been seeding clouds.

Temperature and humidity explains it all. There is nothing odd happening. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-05-2016, 11:09 AM
(04-05-2016 10:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 08:39 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I actually believe that something odd is happening. There are some jets that are at high altitude and leave a small vapor trail that fades in a few minutes. There are others at lower altitudes that leave behind a larger trail that spreads out. I used to have a job outside and could watch them. Some days there would be about 15 flights like that in about 2 hours. The trails left behind would not only linger, but spread out until it is overcast. Sometimes it would even rain. I think that at the very least the government has been seeding clouds.

Temperature and humidity explains it all. There is nothing odd happening. Drinking Beverage
I can explain it for you in detail if you like, birdguy. But this is it in a nutshell.
04-05-2016, 11:27 AM
(04-05-2016 11:09 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 10:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  Temperature and humidity explains it all. There is nothing odd happening. Drinking Beverage
I can explain it for you in detail if you like, birdguy. But this is it in a nutshell.

I would like to see what you have. I have found it odd that heavy air traffic at altitudes I didn't think would cause vapor trails, the aircraft leave huge trails that spread and it becomes overcast. Maybe you are correct, I would love to know though.
04-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Finally found the new M&Ms flavors on sale and bought one pack of Chili and one of Coffee to sample.

I is disappoint. Sad
04-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Freaking religion everywhere. Hobo

I don't feel good either. I dont want to throw up. Sadcryface
04-05-2016, 06:18 PM
(04-05-2016 11:27 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 11:09 AM)skyking Wrote:  I can explain it for you in detail if you like, birdguy. But this is it in a nutshell.

I would like to see what you have. I have found it odd that heavy air traffic at altitudes I didn't think would cause vapor trails, the aircraft leave huge trails that spread and it becomes overcast. Maybe you are correct, I would love to know though.

There is a large amount of water vapor as a byproduct of combustion, so that is the start.
When the humidity is high and temperature is low, the exhaust goes right to ice crystals. When you see a high overcast form from the effects of high traffic, the added vapor is enough to cause a thin overcast layer of these ice crystals to form and persist.

On the other hand, when the humidity aloft is low, the vapor goes to crystals but those crystals sublimate or go from ice to vapor. The trails disappear.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
04-05-2016, 08:03 PM
(02-05-2016 04:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Husband has been dealing with the contractor...I am supposed to stay back and let the men handle it. Angry

First the tarp job was shoddy, resulting in more damage. Then the roofing crew who showed up Saturday bailed. Then they were supposed to be here after lunch. At 3:30 still not here.

Okay, I am done with this BS. I tried to contact the contractor and he didn't answer my call or text. So....I called the main office and got the project manager on the phone. A woman...nice woman. Roofers are to be here first thing in the morning or I am to call her. I let her know I am running quickly out of patience with their company. Also told her that if the contractor is going to show up here tomorrow he better be wearing a helmet...she laughed.

After I sent him a text letting him know that Kayla is handling it, he responded with more BS. But he did decide to respond. Dodgy

If the roofers show up in the morning...I will be taking over the communications with the construction company. Fuck this 'guy code' shit...it's going to take two women to get this damn job done. Censored

Round two...

My son's insurance company hasn't given him but a small check to do repairs to his house. They haven't even processed the second claim yet. His garage roof/ceiling fell in. All the windows are leaking...his adjusters weren't giving up anything and basically screwing him on allowing for repairs. His fence is about to fall over. The windows are pulling away from the house and bugs are getting in...and....his insurance agent isn't returning calls or email.

Well, by god, he is now. I sent him an email...among saying other things I picked up on his email signature about how he has been voted best insurance agent in D Magazine (a Dallas publication) for four years running and also in Texas Monthly for four years running. I asked him how that was possible.

Minutes after hitting 'send' I got a call from him. He assured me that he would be working on this tonight and tomorrow. I let him know that my next action was going to be going to the media...all the media I could find...and would give them the story about how this insurance company/agent was acting.

He mentioned that he didn't want his standing in those publications besmirched.

I get a call from him tomorrow with a satisfactory answer or I move forward with contacting the media, the realty company who referred my son to him (one of the biggest realty companies in Dallas), and the mortgage company.

I have just about had my 'nough with this shit. Censored

Damnit...it actually kind of feels good to be getting stuff done. I have held my temper for way, way too long.

Our contractor (after the events described above) jumped through every hoop imaginable to get the other contractors here today. He wants this job done so he never has to deal with me again. Evil_monster Now I have a new target. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-05-2016, 08:09 PM
Well, someone just plowed into our fence. Again. That's like 4 car crashes in 4 months.