Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-05-2016, 08:12 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-05-2016 08:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well, someone just plowed into our fence. Again. That's like 4 car crashes in 4 months.

Want me to come kick their ass? I am in that kind of mood lately. Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2016, 08:20 PM
(04-05-2016 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well, someone just plowed into our fence. Again. That's like 4 car crashes in 4 months.

Want me to come kick their ass? I am in that kind of mood lately. Evil_monster

It's ok, my neighbor beat you too it.
Us and our neighbor are pretty sick of people crashing into our corner so I think he's as frustrated as me. It's a 35kmph corner and people always take it at like 60 (the road is 50kmph but it's a long mostly straight artery road so people always speed) and when it rains they crash and smack into something on our corner.

The issue is that on the other side of the road is a play school and parents pick their kids up around 11-12 and 2-4 so there's usually a bunch of small kids around.
One person has already crashed into the play schools fence and gone through it, luckily it was a Sunday. (and there's usually kids by that fence watching the cars).

It's only a matter of time before some kid/s get hit and hurt/killed.

I might look into who I have to petition to get bigger warning signs on that corner.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-05-2016, 08:25 PM
(04-05-2016 08:20 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Want me to come kick their ass? I am in that kind of mood lately. Evil_monster

Us and our neighbor are pretty sick of people crashing into our corner so I think he's as frustrated as me. It's a 35kmph corner and people always take it at like 60 (the road is 50kmph but it's a long mostly straight artery road so people always speed) and when it rains they crash and smack into something on our corner.

The issue is that on the other side of the road is a play school and parents pick their kids up around 11-12 and 2-4 so there's usually a bunch of small kids around.
One person has already crashed into the play schools fence and gone through it, luckily it was a Sunday. (and there's usually kids by that fence watching the cars).

I might look into who I have to petition to get bigger warning signs on that corner.

My uncle lives in a tiny town. One guy was pissed that people would speed in front of his house, so he got one of those plastic speed bumps with the bolts. Drilled some holes in the road and bolted the thing in front of his house. It slowed everybody down, and increased business at the local auto repair shop.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
04-05-2016, 09:13 PM
(04-05-2016 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Want me to come kick their ass? I am in that kind of mood lately. Evil_monster

That, and anchored steel pipe sticking out of the ground so that their own folly comes back on them, instead of on the kids. Ugly, yes. Better safety, yes. Signs mean exactly dick to most people.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-05-2016, 05:27 AM

Go on Google Earth -- and take a look at the burg of Nicasio California.

The road that comes into town from the north makes a 90 degree turn to the east - and if you fail to negate that curve - it puts you in the living room of the house on the corner. Looking at it on GE - it looks like they changed the corner a bit -- and removed the large bolder that used to be there............ Now they have a fence..... I'm willing to bet it's been hit several times....

The "best" part --- is in the early summer - you get fog banks that make visibility about nil, every morning....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-05-2016, 08:00 AM
(04-05-2016 09:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That, and anchored, concrete-filled steel pipe sticking out of the ground so that their own folly comes back on them, instead of on the kids. Ugly, yes. Better safety, yes. Signs mean exactly dick to most people.

fixt.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2016, 08:48 AM
(05-05-2016 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-05-2016 09:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That, and anchored, concrete-filled steel pipe sticking out of the ground so that their own folly comes back on them, instead of on the kids. Ugly, yes. Better safety, yes. Signs mean exactly dick to most people.

fixt.

Yes Evil_monster
05-05-2016, 09:20 AM
There's a cemetery in my area that is surrounded by a fence. At first glance, it looks like a typical, wooden, split-rail fence.

The cemetery is the type where the tombstones are all required to be ground level. No raised stones, all are flat and flush with the ground. So essentially, you have a big area of open rolling terrain.

Teens and assholes used to drive through the area at night, smash through the flimsy wooden fence at high speed, and turf the cemetery grounds. This was a regular occurrence and needless to say, people were offended.

Finally, the owners of the boneyard replaced the flimsy wooden fence with an exact replica made of reinforced concrete. At first glance, it looks identical: the gray concrete looks like weathered wood.

After the first couple of vehicles were totaled, the vandalism ceased.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 4 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
05-05-2016, 10:41 AM
(05-05-2016 09:20 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  There's a cemetery in my area that is surrounded by a fence. At first glance, it looks like a typical, wooden, split-rail fence.

The cemetery is the type where the tombstones are all required to be ground level. No raised stones, all are flat and flush with the ground. So essentially, you have a big area of open rolling terrain.

Teens and assholes used to drive through the area at night, smash through the flimsy wooden fence at high speed, and turf the cemetery grounds. This was a regular occurrence and needless to say, people were offended.

Finally, the owners of the boneyard replaced the flimsy wooden fence with an exact replica made of reinforced concrete. At first glance, it looks identical: the gray concrete looks like weathered wood.

After the first couple of vehicles were totaled, the vandalism ceased.

Did any of the idiots try a lawsuit for their cars getting totaled?
05-05-2016, 10:41 AM
Somebody shared a picture on Facebook... Which used the word "are" instead of "our"...

The English language is dead.

I deactivated my Facebook.