Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-05-2016, 10:43 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-05-2016 10:41 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Somebody shared a picture on Facebook... Which used the word "are" instead of "our"...

The English language is dead.

I deactivated my Facebook.

You are (you're) just finding this out. It has been dead for a while.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2016, 04:15 PM
(04-05-2016 08:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-05-2016 04:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Husband has been dealing with the contractor...I am supposed to stay back and let the men handle it. Angry

First the tarp job was shoddy, resulting in more damage. Then the roofing crew who showed up Saturday bailed. Then they were supposed to be here after lunch. At 3:30 still not here.

Okay, I am done with this BS. I tried to contact the contractor and he didn't answer my call or text. So....I called the main office and got the project manager on the phone. A woman...nice woman. Roofers are to be here first thing in the morning or I am to call her. I let her know I am running quickly out of patience with their company. Also told her that if the contractor is going to show up here tomorrow he better be wearing a helmet...she laughed.

After I sent him a text letting him know that Kayla is handling it, he responded with more BS. But he did decide to respond. Dodgy

If the roofers show up in the morning...I will be taking over the communications with the construction company. Fuck this 'guy code' shit...it's going to take two women to get this damn job done. Censored

Round two...

My son's insurance company hasn't given him but a small check to do repairs to his house. They haven't even processed the second claim yet. His garage roof/ceiling fell in. All the windows are leaking...his adjusters weren't giving up anything and basically screwing him on allowing for repairs. His fence is about to fall over. The windows are pulling away from the house and bugs are getting in...and....his insurance agent isn't returning calls or email.

Well, by god, he is now. I sent him an email...among saying other things I picked up on his email signature about how he has been voted best insurance agent in D Magazine (a Dallas publication) for four years running and also in Texas Monthly for four years running. I asked him how that was possible.

Minutes after hitting 'send' I got a call from him. He assured me that he would be working on this tonight and tomorrow. I let him know that my next action was going to be going to the media...all the media I could find...and would give them the story about how this insurance company/agent was acting.

He mentioned that he didn't want his standing in those publications besmirched.

I get a call from him tomorrow with a satisfactory answer or I move forward with contacting the media, the realty company who referred my son to him (one of the biggest realty companies in Dallas), and the mortgage company.

I have just about had my 'nough with this shit. Censored

Damnit...it actually kind of feels good to be getting stuff done. I have held my temper for way, way too long.

Our contractor (after the events described above) jumped through every hoop imaginable to get the other contractors here today. He wants this job done so he never has to deal with me again. Evil_monster Now I have a new target. Dodgy

/end rant

Two checks in the mail to my son. Insurance agent even offered to come help him fix things personally.

Our house measured today for flooring. Windows will be delayed for 2-3 weeks due to a lack of available glass in the area...lots of damage and our windows are all custom. Then on to the sheetrock, painting, and flooring.

My work here is done. Girl_nails

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
05-05-2016, 04:34 PM
(05-05-2016 10:43 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 10:41 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  Somebody shared a picture on Facebook... Which used the word "are" instead of "our"...

The English language is dead.

I deactivated my Facebook.

You are (you're) just finding this out. It has been dead for a while.

I know. It was inevitable. We can only take so much.

The straw that broke the camel's back was no more than a gram or two. Isn't it appropriate that my final straw would be grammar, too?
05-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I've had a fucked up day.

But....

I gotta say one good thing did happen.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-05-2016, 05:13 PM
(05-05-2016 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've had a fucked up day.

But....

I gotta say one good thing did happen.

You got another medal for your service to the Federation?

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
05-05-2016, 05:20 PM
(05-05-2016 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I gotta say one good thing did happen.

You acquired some alcohol?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
05-05-2016, 05:22 PM
(05-05-2016 05:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 05:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I gotta say one good thing did happen.

You acquired some alcohol?

No, I didn't. But I'm still happy about it.

But I did also procure some chocolate.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-05-2016, 07:15 PM
(05-05-2016 05:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-05-2016 05:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You acquired some alcohol?

No, I didn't. But I'm still happy about it.

But I did also procure some chocolate.

I remember chocolate and alcohol quite fondly...

Well, enough reminiscing, and back to my plain oats, antacids, and gaviscon... Sad
05-05-2016, 09:32 PM
What is going on? Blink
05-05-2016, 09:34 PM
(05-05-2016 09:32 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  What is going on? Blink

#sigh