Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-05-2016, 07:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-05-2016 10:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  That poor camel, I hope it's ok.
I'm the camel. A very pissed off camel.

It's also 8:20 pm here and my son still has not arrived.

But you know what, that's ok. My mother is hiring the same attorney that her bosses use - they're executives at a company that everyone on this forum would recognize. This guy gets the job done.

There's a song "Hurt me" that says, "If you're going to hurt me, why don't you hurt me just a little bit more." He accomplished that this weekend. He completely took advantage of me. I finally realized that all this time when I've been "compromising", it's only me, I'm the only one compromising. He just takes advantage of my kindness.

So it's over. The time for negotiations is over. He's not capable of playing fair, he's too selfish. He kept my son out of his baseball game and is dropping him off 2 hours after his bedtime for no other reason than to make a point, that "he's in control." Not after this weekend. You can see our son the Monday afternoon after this coming Monday. And then you get a week. Other than the breaks between the regular school year and summer camp, the only interaction will be limited primarily to coordinating pick up times during holidays and doctor visits.

As my dad said to me last night, "There's no emotion in the word 'no.' There's no need for explanation. It's just 'no.'"

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2016, 07:35 PM
Sending Nurse a huge hug.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-05-2016, 08:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016 08:06 PM by earmuffs.)
Quote:they're executives at a company that everyone on this forum would recognize.

Crane Poole and Schmidt?
Also, if you're a camel you shouldn't go to Mongolia, they eat camel there. You can tell which butcher has the freshest camel because they put the head of the camel out by the door.
It's also rather fitting you're a camel, makes sense. They're very close to their young. The Camel is also a Arabian symbol of patience, tolerance and endurance.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-05-2016, 10:42 PM
[Image: 581F7E42-A15C-41A3-90CE-0F04B9A6F022_zpslfyzl12b.jpg]

Goddamn that felt good.

Here soon I'll be drinking red wine in my wedding dress with my friend who is also getting divorced. We're gonna take pictures. And then we're gonna make smores with the bonfire.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 9 users Like Nurse's post
07-05-2016, 10:47 PM
I always hated that particular picture. It looked so fake and forced, but my ex liked it for some weird reason, thus we had it in an 8x10 up on the mantle. I'm not burning all of our pics, but it's not like I need several hundred of them for the LOLs and memories. :rollseyes:

Nothing like burning an ex in effigy for good ol' catharsis.

[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
07-05-2016, 10:52 PM
(07-05-2016 10:42 PM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: 581F7E42-A15C-41A3-90CE-0F04B9A6F022_zpslfyzl12b.jpg]

Goddamn that felt good.

Here soon I'll be drinking red wine in my wedding dress with my friend who is also getting divorced. We're gonna take pictures. And then we're gonna make smores with the bonfire.

[Image: BritWit-Drinking-wine.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-05-2016, 10:58 PM
(07-05-2016 10:52 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(07-05-2016 10:42 PM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: 581F7E42-A15C-41A3-90CE-0F04B9A6F022_zpslfyzl12b.jpg]

Goddamn that felt good.

[Image: BritWit-Drinking-wine.jpg]
Laugh out load I might have had a little bit of wine with dinner. I'm actually stone cold sober now. I'd drink more, but I have to get up and go to church tomorrow! YAY' I'M SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!! Dodgy And then I'm going to take my son to his baseball game practice since he missed the game earlier today, and the first game of the playoffs is Monday. Yes, they're having practice on Mother's Day.

07-05-2016, 11:04 PM
[Image: south-park-wine-meme-e1450698682192.jpg]

[Image: 7b262a40c4f27315651b3be5ff0aa281.jpg]

[Image: i-love-wine-funny-pictures.jpg]

I can't do much, but so long as I can make you chuckle for just a minute. Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-05-2016, 11:44 PM
So much shit in the world Sad Sorry Nurse Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-05-2016, 11:46 PM
My folks got divorced when I was a kid, grew up with my mom. Shit is not fun to deal with.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post