Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-05-2016, 12:18 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-05-2016 11:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, clearly I'm broken because I just Minions and it was totally fucking hysterical.

Sadcryface

As long as your facebook job is not full time mom everything should be okay.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
12-05-2016, 12:32 AM
(11-05-2016 11:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, clearly I'm broken because I just Minions and it was totally fucking hysterical.

Sadcryface

Just because it's spammed and marketable doesn't mean it's a bad product, Admiral.

I never really minded the Minions. The main focus of the Despicable Me movies so far has been Gru and his relation to the kids; the Minons, much like the Ewoks, are there to keep the younger kids entertained. Their extended sections in the films are still well done, and doesn't feel out of place like the Ewoks did (or Jar Jar for that matter *shudders*).

When they annouced that they were gonna have their own movie my reacton was "eh...". I care about Gru's story, not a prequel based on comic relief, made to sell some toys. If it's a good movie, cool. Maybe I'll see it one day. It can't look as shameless as what Dreamworks delayed How to Train Your Dragon 3 for after all:

I still think this looks like April Fools joke. I have seen such lack of effort put into a trailer by a major company, even if it's a teaser.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
12-05-2016, 05:50 AM
(11-05-2016 10:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is it wrong that I'm watching The Minions and enjoying it?

Not really. Most kids movies have some humor in them meant for adults to enjoy.

[+] 7 users Like Birdguy1979's post
12-05-2016, 08:06 AM
(12-05-2016 05:50 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 10:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is it wrong that I'm watching The Minions and enjoying it?

Not really. Most kids movies have some humor in them meant for adults to enjoy.

Laugh out loadLaugh out load
12-05-2016, 08:08 AM
What do you do when a Christian who's your friend asks about your views on God, faith, beliefs, etc?
12-05-2016, 08:18 AM
(12-05-2016 08:08 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  What do you do when a Christian who's your friend asks about your views on God, faith, beliefs, etc?

Stab 'em with a fork?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-05-2016, 08:26 AM
(12-05-2016 12:32 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

Sadcryface

Just because it's spammed and marketable doesn't mean it's a bad product, Admiral.

I never really minded the Minions. The main focus of the Despicable Me movies so far has been Gru and his relation to the kids; the Minons, much like the Ewoks, are there to keep the younger kids entertained. Their extended sections in the films are still well done, and doesn't feel out of place like the Ewoks did (or Jar Jar for that matter *shudders*).

When they annouced that they were gonna have their own movie my reacton was "eh...". I care about Gru's story, not a prequel based on comic relief, made to sell some toys. If it's a good movie, cool. Maybe I'll see it one day. It can't look as shameless as what Dreamworks delayed How to Train Your Dragon 3 for after all:

I still think this looks like April Fools joke. I have seen such lack of effort put into a trailer by a major company, even if it's a teaser.

Thanks Captain, you made me feel better. Honestly it was good, really funny, silly in parts and had a totally awesome soundtrack.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2016, 12:55 PM
First mosquito bite of the season and of course it's right on MY FACE! Angry

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-05-2016, 01:09 PM
(12-05-2016 12:55 PM)kim Wrote:  First mosquito bite of the season and of course it's right on MY FACE! Angry

Yuck!

I got one once on my eye lid. Drove me insane.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-05-2016, 01:33 PM
(11-05-2016 06:47 PM)carol Wrote:  *snips good advice*

Not bossy at all and much appreciated. I'll probably implement it next semester; this was the Final Exam. Talked with the Dept. Chair and even after watching, there are other steps that had to be taken to nail them for cheating and have it stick. Blah...but if things go at the current rate while I'm cross checking their answers, they don't need my help to fail this test. One would think that if you're going to go to the effort of cheating, you'd at least pass...

---

One story I read earlier on Live Action set off my BS detector anyhow, because it sounds like a God's Not Dead plot, with the evil liberal professor saying he'll fail a student for making her self expression project reflect her pro-life views; in the comments was one pro-choice person and here are some of the replies that person got (spelling is kept original), "NARAL hand puppet Samantha Bee", "abortion is muder, and those who support it are enablers", "You're just angry because you love dead babies and anything that might save a baby's life fills you with rage.", "you give the human race a bad name", "your thinking process is quite pathetic.", "you have zero humanity". *facepalm*

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post