Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-05-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-05-2016 07:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Indeed. It makes me feel good they're paying about $21.50 an hour though; normally I feel bad about tuition costs. (And I assure you all, I am not seeing that cash.) It was an Intro to Criminal Justice course; as the new guy I got hit with 7 of them out of 8 classes this academic year.

Yep, college Freshmen, so I was bound by a lot of educational law. Notice I never give any specific details that can be used (you noticed the parent thing, which hit the nail right on the head, so I'm betting you noticed this to)? Don't want a FERPA violation. Sadly don't fail the class, I set up a lot of in class assignments to keep people afloat if they were bad test takers. And I don't have them again probably, neither were criminal justice majors, so they were in there for a general education credit, which only our Intro counts for. And I'll probably take you up on that PM offer when I can!

I won't mention how I passed algebra 2 in college. TongueAngel

Your unmatched skill and unparalleled intelligence?

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2016, 08:42 PM
(12-05-2016 08:33 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I won't mention how I passed algebra 2 in college. TongueAngel

Your unmatched skill and unparalleled intelligence?

There was skill involved. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-05-2016, 10:59 PM
(12-05-2016 08:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:33 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Your unmatched skill and unparalleled intelligence?

There was skill involved. Tongue

Laugh out load Yoh! Heart

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-05-2016, 11:28 PM
(12-05-2016 08:17 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 07:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I won't mention how I passed algebra 2 in college. TongueAngel

Oh dear...you blackmailed the professor by finding incriminating photos?

Somewhere out there is a photo of a man standing behind a very scared goat at the edge of a cliff.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-05-2016, 08:47 AM
(12-05-2016 07:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 06:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Cheeky like fucks, I must say. May I ask what you teach? It seems like when I taught school, the Math and English (especially if new) teachers got it the worst.
Indeed. It makes me feel good they're paying about $21.50 an hour though; normally I feel bad about tuition costs. (And I assure you all, I am not seeing that cash.) It was an Intro to Criminal Justice course; as the new guy I got hit with 7 of them out of 8 classes this academic year.

(12-05-2016 06:30 PM)carol Wrote:  Good! In the future, if this happens occasionally in other classes, you will know the way to handle it. you were not whiny at all, just frustrated. From your reply, I would guess they are college students? I only guess that because parents did not get involved. Glad that they failed the final, does that mean they fail the class? Will you have to teach the same students next semester? If so, set up a seating chart the first day so they are separate and also set your desk so that you sit behind them. Best wishes for a better group next semester! Big Grin Feel free to PM me if you want to talk about teaching.
Yep, college Freshmen, so I was bound by a lot of educational law. Notice I never give any specific details that can be used (you noticed the parent thing, which hit the nail right on the head, so I'm betting you noticed this to)? Don't want a FERPA violation. Sadly don't fail the class, I set up a lot of in class assignments to keep people afloat if they were bad test takers. And I don't have them again probably, neither were criminal justice majors, so they were in there for a general education credit, which only our Intro counts for. And I'll probably take you up on that PM offer when I can!

Don't worry at all, you were completely discreet about it, we would have no idea which students you had problems with. We have the same responsibilities with younger students. Glad that the class is over.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
13-05-2016, 09:52 AM
(12-05-2016 08:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Did you ace the oral exam?

I'm not proud of it, but I totally did. Smartass

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-05-2016, 09:54 AM
(12-05-2016 08:17 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

Oh dear...you blackmailed the professor by finding incriminating photos?

Oh, totally should have done that instead.

13-05-2016, 11:23 AM
(13-05-2016 09:54 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-05-2016 08:17 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh dear...you blackmailed the professor by finding incriminating photos?

Oh, totally should have done that instead.

The prof probably liked that oral examination more? (Totally could never let one of my students do that lol.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-05-2016, 11:28 AM
I'm not certain if it's a good day yet or not. I mean, it feels like it but ... I need to get a lot of things done before I can actually call it a day, at all.
And I haven't done a single, goddamn thing. Normally, that might be ok because, there's usually nothing to do but today... it seems like a ton of shit and I'm uncertain where to start.
One can only assume stepping away from the fucking computer might be first on the list.

Mmmmyessssss ... Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
13-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Well, I'm off to Costco...

Did I mention taking my little bitty 'Bryce' is kinda a pain in the ass? It's Costco, if there was ever a place that I needed the "mom van" that was it. Dodgy

Did I also mention that I neglected to make a list? Blush