Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-05-2016, 05:36 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Ceaser Security. I Ceaser Security. (can't decide between the two).
Sees ya security. I sees ya security. Would also work for a repo company. I cease ya shit.

See, it's formal and nice, has a bit of an authoritarian ring to it, but really it's just a pun.
Slap some sort of black roman legion helmet logo on the end/middle and you got a company name/logo.

See the way I figure it, I got two options as far as starting a business goes (if I ever get off my ass and do something about this. Probably if I quit my job.).
First, I do what I wanna do and open a small video game retail store. Sell games and maybe some merchandise and collectibles and stuff.
Easier, less effort (though still a lot of effort I am aware of this), more expensive, high, very high, chance of failure.

OR

I do my 'security' firm idea where I create a small company who's focus is on shoplifting prevention working with shops and police to share and gather information (because at the moment working security, we'll stop someone for shoplifting, they're walk out the store and go next door and try to shoplift there.). Help prevent shoplifting before it occurs and maybe pool together lots of evidence on one person, several cases of shoplifting rather than one case from one store, in order to bring harsher penalties upon these people.
Helps local small and big business. Helps save the CBD from dying. Helps Police, frees them up. It's a win-win-win.
PLUS hopefully I could get given grants by the Police/government so I wouldn't have to charge local businesses meaning there's no downside for them signing up.

Basically when a shop catches/sees a shoplifter they would email my firm a picture and some details. I can than organize that data, match it with other stores. And I could warn other stores with a small alert that X business just got robbed, here's a photo, keep an eye out and watch this guy if you see him. And like if we get one dude across several stores we can gather all that date and hand it to police who have a much stronger case. And do small things like monthly top 10's or something.

Than when you have your customer base of literally every business in the city (because they've signed up to your free service) you hit em with the "oh by the way, we sell surveillance and alarm systems." and/or offer security guard services including adding you to our nightly patrol routes. Or some such thing.

I feel like the second business has a much great chance of success. And also, if it does fail, I feel like I will know it will fail very early on compared to the retail store which I would have spent a lot of money setting up only to find out it fails after 6months. The second option isn't as.. glamorous.. but I do enjoy catching criminals, I am good at my security job, I'm great with all sorts of people and I feel like if it goes well I could sell it for a bucket load of cash...

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-05-2016, 05:43 AM
(13-05-2016 07:15 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I don't want my parents to make me go to church tomorrow.

My parents used to force me into church when I was young. Fortunately all the members showed their true nature. It took me years, but I turned my father into an atheist.
14-05-2016, 05:46 AM
(13-05-2016 12:15 PM)debna27 Wrote:  I don't believe in Friday the 13th as an unlucky day, but god damn has this been a shitty morning. 3 people were scheduled to work the morning shift: guess who was alone for 3 hours? Besides the customers demanding smoothies, of course. One more week until my last day. Here's hoping I'll make it through in one piece.

Friday the 13th was a good day for me. All my customers I had in the beginning of week showed up to buy trailers from me.
14-05-2016, 06:11 AM
(14-05-2016 05:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ceaser Security. I Ceaser Security. (can't decide between the two).
Sees ya security. I sees ya security. Would also work for a repo company. I cease ya shit.

See, it's formal and nice, has a bit of an authoritarian ring to it, but really it's just a pun.
Slap some sort of black roman legion helmet logo on the end/middle and you got a company name/logo.

See the way I figure it, I got two options as far as starting a business goes (if I ever get off my ass and do something about this. Probably if I quit my job.).
First, I do what I wanna do and open a small video game retail store. Sell games and maybe some merchandise and collectibles and stuff.
Easier, less effort (though still a lot of effort I am aware of this), more expensive, high, very high, chance of failure.

OR

I do my 'security' firm idea where I create a small company who's focus is on shoplifting prevention working with shops and police to share and gather information (because at the moment working security, we'll stop someone for shoplifting, they're walk out the store and go next door and try to shoplift there.). Help prevent shoplifting before it occurs and maybe pool together lots of evidence on one person, several cases of shoplifting rather than one case from one store, in order to bring harsher penalties upon these people.
Helps local small and big business. Helps save the CBD from dying. Helps Police, frees them up. It's a win-win-win.
PLUS hopefully I could get given grants by the Police/government so I wouldn't have to charge local businesses meaning there's no downside for them signing up.

Basically when a shop catches/sees a shoplifter they would email my firm a picture and some details. I can than organize that data, match it with other stores. And I could warn other stores with a small alert that X business just got robbed, here's a photo, keep an eye out and watch this guy if you see him. And like if we get one dude across several stores we can gather all that date and hand it to police who have a much stronger case. And do small things like monthly top 10's or something.

Than when you have your customer base of literally every business in the city (because they've signed up to your free service) you hit em with the "oh by the way, we sell surveillance and alarm systems." and/or offer security guard services including adding you to our nightly patrol routes. Or some such thing.

I feel like the second business has a much great chance of success. And also, if it does fail, I feel like I will know it will fail very early on compared to the retail store which I would have spent a lot of money setting up only to find out it fails after 6months. The second option isn't as.. glamorous.. but I do enjoy catching criminals, I am good at my security job, I'm great with all sorts of people and I feel like if it goes well I could sell it for a bucket load of cash...

Option 2 is also good because you know the industry a bit. How's the competition?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-05-2016, 06:57 AM
(14-05-2016 06:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 05:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ceaser Security. I Ceaser Security. (can't decide between the two).

OR

Option 2 is also good because you know the industry a bit. How's the competition?

Non existent.
There's companies like this in other cities around the country but not here.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-05-2016, 11:51 AM
(14-05-2016 06:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 06:11 AM)morondog Wrote:  Option 2 is also good because you know the industry a bit. How's the competition?

Non existent.

Go for it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-05-2016, 12:11 AM
(14-05-2016 11:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-05-2016 06:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Non existent.

Go for it.

Yeah, that sounds like the perfect situation for you. You could probably do well too if you sneaked off to take a look at some of the other companies that do exist and took a look at their methods, e.g. they might use a specific software for sharing criminal details - easier if you can get that etc.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-05-2016, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 15-05-2016 11:23 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Student was arguing with me via email when I was nice enough to give him his grade early when he asked, which put me in a bad mood, but just in case the automated system that calculates grades got it wrong, I rechecked his grade by hand (okay, by calculator)...he was right. Which I'm grateful to know, because I'd rather not submit my grades and have a lot of Change of Grade forms, so I apologized to him and thanked him for his help in pointing out the automated scoring algorithm is wrong. So why is this in Ranting Corner? Because I have to double check hundreds of grades before I can submit them, thanks to D2L being a lying jerk of a program... (Also I was looking forward to running home after posting and beginning cleaning, because my parents are coming to visit. Their flight lands at 3pm on Tuesday, and I have to scrub the toilet and bathtub, and finish cleaning my bedroom and living room where stuff is strewn about.)

Edit: Figured out how to export to Excel, where now I just need a simple formula to make everything work. Woot!!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
15-05-2016, 02:39 PM

Caesar Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
15-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Our weather's been quite nice recently. We have had the AC on since mid April (unusual for Oregon but I'm going with it).

Today it's cold -- it's not like snow cold but it's freezing in the house right now. 66 degrees.

I just put a sweatshirt on because I refuse to turn on the heat...

Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and the last thing I want is the heat to be on in the morning and the AC on in the afternoon.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces