Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-05-2016, 09:28 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Yeah Revs...I don't want or care to know all the sordid little details. I just unfollowed them both. Hopefully, that will solve the problem.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2016, 09:40 AM
This morning, before my boyfriend left for work he came to me and said "You slept really late last night, I'm turning off your alarm, you don't need to come to work today" (I usually wake up later than him and then go find him and help him) and I was half-asleep and like "no no no, why are you turning off the alarm?" and he's like "it's ok, go to sleep". I wake up later, call him, "do you want me to come and help you?" and he's like "no no, it's ok".

He comes back in the afternoon, tired and in a bad mood because he's not making much money.

Me: "Why did you turn the alarm off?"
Him: "You had gone to bed late."
Me: "So what? Didn't you need me there today?"
Him: "If you want to come, you come, if you don't want to, you don't."

And all that after he decided to turn off my alarm while I was half-asleep and telling him "no", thus making me wake up much much later than I should.

And as if that wasn't enough, later I hear him mumbling something like "I can't afford having someone to help me" (when I'd go to help him, he'd give me some money which I'd save for both of us) even though I've repeatedly told him that he does not have to pay me, to which I reacted with "I've told you you don't have to pay me" and he's like "why are you starting this conversation now?" Jesus, YOU started the conversation dude Dodgy

I'm so fucking upset that I have to say the same things over and over and over and over and in the end, I'm also somehow responsible for the things he does.

Not to fucking mention that last night he asked if I'd go and I said yes Dodgy

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 4 users Like undergroundp's post
16-05-2016, 10:05 AM
(16-05-2016 09:40 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  This morning, before my boyfriend left for work he came to me and said "You slept really late last night, I'm turning off your alarm, you don't need to come to work today" (I usually wake up later than him and then go find him and help him) and I was half-asleep and like "no no no, why are you turning off the alarm?" and he's like "it's ok, go to sleep". I wake up later, call him, "do you want me to come and help you?" and he's like "no no, it's ok".

He comes back in the afternoon, tired and in a bad mood because he's not making much money.

Me: "Why did you turn the alarm off?"
Him: "You had gone to bed late."
Me: "So what? Didn't you need me there today?"
Him: "If you want to come, you come, if you don't want to, you don't."

And all that after he decided to turn off my alarm while I was half-asleep and telling him "no", thus making me wake up much much later than I should.

And as if that wasn't enough, later I hear him mumbling something like "I can't afford having someone to help me" (when I'd go to help him, he'd give me some money which I'd save for both of us) even though I've repeatedly told him that he does not have to pay me, to which I reacted with "I've told you you don't have to pay me" and he's like "why are you starting this conversation now?" Jesus, YOU started the conversation dude Dodgy

I'm so fucking upset that I have to say the same things over and over and over and over and in the end, I'm also somehow responsible for the things he does.

Not to fucking mention that last night he asked if I'd go and I said yes Dodgy

Sometimes the male mind is a mystery.
(Of course we're probably just as mysterious to them).

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-05-2016, 03:58 PM
Oh fuck you cunt.

Dodgy

16-05-2016, 04:31 PM
(16-05-2016 03:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh fuck you cunt.

Dodgy

GaspOhmy
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
16-05-2016, 04:46 PM
(16-05-2016 04:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 03:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh fuck you cunt.

Dodgy

GaspOhmy

I know there are some people who take shit soooo personally so I should possibly clarify this wasn't directed toward anyone on the forum.

Fucking dumbfuck driver just felt the need to drive below the speed limit. So the posted speed limit was 40, and they did 30 and romped on the brakes if they went to (gasp) 31.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-05-2016, 05:27 PM
(16-05-2016 04:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 04:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  GaspOhmy

I know there are some people who take shit soooo personally so I should possibly clarify this wasn't directed toward anyone on the forum.

Fucking dumbfuck driver just felt the need to drive below the speed limit. So the posted speed limit was 40, and they did 30 and romped on the brakes if they went to (gasp) 31.

Scared old people or somebody learning to drive who forgot to put on the "learning to drive sign" on the back of their car, if 'merica even has that.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
16-05-2016, 07:19 PM
Taking a"my back is killing me" break and decided to read an article that people in my FB feed keep posting. It's a really angry piece by a Traditionalist Catholic priest saying his post-Vatican II acknowledging brother priests are narrow minded towards him and don't understand all he does. Comment section just rips apart anyone who isn't like "Extraordinary Form is Best Form" of the Mass. Got to the bottom of the comments where people were saying his response was obviously inspired by the Holy Spirit...I do not try to blaspheme the Holy Spirit by saying this, but BULLSHIT commenters. Just bullshit.*

*I should, for the sake of clear ranting, state that I am biased. I feel that Traditionalists are the most divisive force in the Church today, as their communities are often insular, haughty, arrogant, demeaning to those who don't attend their form of the Mass, unwelcoming to visitors, and tend to think of themselves as being the only True Church ™. I know one or two who would actually be okay, and have argued in favor of, burning heretics at the stake still. I've seen one demand that another person swear Saint Pope Pius X's Oath Against Modernity and then declare they weren't Catholic for refusing to swear an oath to him, instead of God.

**I suppose if our Creator, Seth, were about, this would be the point when I would get the podcast link on Biblical morality and the "are you more moral than your God and your church?" questions that often come up. I'd say God, no, some parts of my church, yes.

***Seriously, fuck the Trads.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2016, 07:45 PM
DO NOT TAKE AP CLASSES.

So I get an email from the financial aid department today, stating that I have too many credits to qualify for aid. I had switched majors, but I didn't think I was that far over, I only had an extra year (~30 credits extra). This shouldn't put me over the max. But I check my transcript and sure enough I have too many. So I start looking. It says I started college in January of 2005. I didn't graduate high school until may of 2005. Further reading shows that they are counting about 27 hours from AP classes.

To further add insult to injury NONE of these credits were transferred to my current university. When I returned to college I had to RE-TAKE all my courses. Stat, trig, english, all AP credits, all had to be re-taken. They didn't even count towards my humanities requirements, since I had switched majors.
16-05-2016, 09:12 PM
(16-05-2016 07:19 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Taking a"my back is killing me" break and decided to read an article that people in my FB feed keep posting. It's a really angry piece by a Traditionalist Catholic priest saying his post-Vatican II acknowledging brother priests are narrow minded towards him and don't understand all he does. Comment section just rips apart anyone who isn't like "Extraordinary Form is Best Form" of the Mass. Got to the bottom of the comments where people were saying his response was obviously inspired by the Holy Spirit...I do not try to blaspheme the Holy Spirit by saying this, but BULLSHIT commenters. Just bullshit.*

*I should, for the sake of clear ranting, state that I am biased. I feel that Traditionalists are the most divisive force in the Church today, as their communities are often insular, haughty, arrogant, demeaning to those who don't attend their form of the Mass, unwelcoming to visitors, and tend to think of themselves as being the only True Church ™. I know one or two who would actually be okay, and have argued in favor of, burning heretics at the stake still. I've seen one demand that another person swear Saint Pope Pius X's Oath Against Modernity and then declare they weren't Catholic for refusing to swear an oath to him, instead of God.

**I suppose if our Creator, Seth, were about, this would be the point when I would get the podcast link on Biblical morality and the "are you more moral than your God and your church?" questions that often come up. I'd say God, no, some parts of my church, yes.

***Seriously, fuck the Trads.

Oh you should have seen back when this forum (or at least a few members) went to an ultra extreme right wing Catholic forum Suscipe Domine. Those people are insane. Most of them believe the current Pope is not the Pope (empty throne doctrine) they reject every apology the church has ever made including to Galileo. They have conversation on how the inquisitions were not so bad and should be brought back.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post