Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-05-2016, 09:29 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(16-05-2016 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 07:19 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Taking a"my back is killing me" break and decided to read an article that people in my FB feed keep posting. It's a really angry piece by a Traditionalist Catholic priest saying his post-Vatican II acknowledging brother priests are narrow minded towards him and don't understand all he does. Comment section just rips apart anyone who isn't like "Extraordinary Form is Best Form" of the Mass. Got to the bottom of the comments where people were saying his response was obviously inspired by the Holy Spirit...I do not try to blaspheme the Holy Spirit by saying this, but BULLSHIT commenters. Just bullshit.*

*I should, for the sake of clear ranting, state that I am biased. I feel that Traditionalists are the most divisive force in the Church today, as their communities are often insular, haughty, arrogant, demeaning to those who don't attend their form of the Mass, unwelcoming to visitors, and tend to think of themselves as being the only True Church ™. I know one or two who would actually be okay, and have argued in favor of, burning heretics at the stake still. I've seen one demand that another person swear Saint Pope Pius X's Oath Against Modernity and then declare they weren't Catholic for refusing to swear an oath to him, instead of God.

**I suppose if our Creator, Seth, were about, this would be the point when I would get the podcast link on Biblical morality and the "are you more moral than your God and your church?" questions that often come up. I'd say God, no, some parts of my church, yes.

***Seriously, fuck the Trads.

Oh you should have seen back when this forum (or at least a few members) went to an ultra extreme right wing Catholic forum Suscipe Domine. Those people are insane. Most of them believe the current Pope is not the Pope (empty throne doctrine) they reject every apology the church has ever made including to Galileo. They have conversation on how the inquisitions were not so bad and should be brought back.

I remember those wing-nuts.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-05-2016, 02:05 AM
(16-05-2016 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 07:19 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Taking a"my back is killing me" break and decided to read an article that people in my FB feed keep posting. It's a really angry piece by a Traditionalist Catholic priest saying his post-Vatican II acknowledging brother priests are narrow minded towards him and don't understand all he does. Comment section just rips apart anyone who isn't like "Extraordinary Form is Best Form" of the Mass. Got to the bottom of the comments where people were saying his response was obviously inspired by the Holy Spirit...I do not try to blaspheme the Holy Spirit by saying this, but BULLSHIT commenters. Just bullshit.*

*I should, for the sake of clear ranting, state that I am biased. I feel that Traditionalists are the most divisive force in the Church today, as their communities are often insular, haughty, arrogant, demeaning to those who don't attend their form of the Mass, unwelcoming to visitors, and tend to think of themselves as being the only True Church ™. I know one or two who would actually be okay, and have argued in favor of, burning heretics at the stake still. I've seen one demand that another person swear Saint Pope Pius X's Oath Against Modernity and then declare they weren't Catholic for refusing to swear an oath to him, instead of God.

**I suppose if our Creator, Seth, were about, this would be the point when I would get the podcast link on Biblical morality and the "are you more moral than your God and your church?" questions that often come up. I'd say God, no, some parts of my church, yes.

***Seriously, fuck the Trads.

Oh you should have seen back when this forum (or at least a few members) went to an ultra extreme right wing Catholic forum Suscipe Domine. Those people are insane. Most of them believe the current Pope is not the Pope (empty throne doctrine) they reject every apology the church has ever made including to Galileo. They have conversation on how the inquisitions were not so bad and should be brought back.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
17-05-2016, 05:44 AM
(16-05-2016 04:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-05-2016 04:31 PM)pablo Wrote:  GaspOhmy

I know there are some people who take shit soooo personally so I should possibly clarify this wasn't directed toward anyone on the forum.

Fucking dumbfuck driver just felt the need to drive below the speed limit. So the posted speed limit was 40, and they did 30 and romped on the brakes if they went to (gasp) 31.

I feel your pain. Lot's of idiots by me and no passing zones.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
17-05-2016, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2016 07:29 AM by earmuffs.)
There's some serious police shit going on down the road right now.

edit: Holy fucking shit. So I herd police sirens for like 5 minutes down the road ever so slowly coming my way.
And than I hear like some sort of scrapping sound. It got closer and closer so I got up and went to the window. And some fucking smashed up taxi cab comes sliding around the corner, scrapping on the ground (something fell off), fish tails up the road and just fucking crosses back and forth across the road all the way down. Police right on his heels.

Someone going to jail tonight...

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
17-05-2016, 08:53 AM
I really don't like that graduation song. Unfortunately, I will have to hear it again soon.

☆☆☆
17-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Only post of the day probably, and only because I feel the need to share my hysteria before I tackle cleaning. I slept through two alarms. Should've been up to clean 4 hours ago. I have 3 hours now to finish a bathroom before I leave to pick up the parents.
(16-05-2016 09:12 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Oh you should have seen back when this forum (or at least a few members) went to an ultra extreme right wing Catholic forum Suscipe Domine. Those people are insane. Most of them believe the current Pope is not the Pope (empty throne doctrine) they reject every apology the church has ever made including to Galileo. They have conversation on how the inquisitions were not so bad and should be brought back.

Yeah...I know some folks who post there. Met someone on the dating site I'm on, that posts there too. Got the "you seem nice, but I can't date anyone who acknowledges the Anti-Popes in the Vatican" message. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-05-2016, 10:00 AM
Ugh, I totally forgot to do wash yesterday.

I blame my man for being off this week, it's got my routine messed up. Dodgy

Now, I'm running a quick wash of "cleaning clothes" (translation:old clothes) so I can dash to my mother in law's house to clean it -- usually takes around two hours to clean it, but longer if she's there. Smile

Then I suppose I'll have to go home to change out of the old clothing and put on something decent to go to the store (because I just know I'll run into that bitch Suzanne).

At least I don't have to worry about dinner tonight.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-05-2016, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 17-05-2016 11:57 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Second cleaning post, while eating breakfast (realized I need to take my medication): Clorox Foaming Bleach is the best cleaner mankind has ever made. Even eating with meds and posting this, should be on track now to pick up parents, because this stuff is killing tough grime like mad.

Edit: 12:56pm, bathroom, bedroom, guest room, and kitchen are accomplished. Living room can be done in time left, but taking a breather (somewhat literally). Even with the ventilation running, scrubbing with chemicals for an hour in the bathroom on your knees takes a lot out of you.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
17-05-2016, 01:02 PM
(17-05-2016 08:53 AM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I really don't like that graduation song. Unfortunately, I will have to hear it again soon.

"And, then", quoth the Raven, "Nevermore." Beat you to it! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
17-05-2016, 01:05 PM
I have a very stupid coworker. And I mean very stupid, not just "not so smart". Basically she started at this job at the same day I did. We had 4 weeks intense training and I understand that some people take a bit longer to learn things. And I do see that the fact that I have been working there for almost 2 weeks before I left, makes a big difference, but here is the thing:
I used to be a coach and a mentor at this place (before I left for a little while and then came back). So I know people like this because I was part of the team that had to ramp them up so they can work this job. I swear this person is resistant to learning. She does NEVER EVER listen to a trainer. She does NEVER EVER read her training material or work flows. She does NEVER EVER check the policies in the intranet (very easily accessible). And when you explain something to her, she will ask the same fucking question 5 minutes later again.
I am happy that she think I have no clue because I sit next to this person, that will rather do tarot cards on her computer than do her job. If she knew that I used to coach and mentor half the people that currently work there, I would probably never have my peace... I mean this job is really not hard. It is just a lot to learn in the beginning but the job itself is very repetitive so you will just know how to do what after 2 days of working this.... dayum this person is so stupid.

Edit: just as a side note. I don't call people stupid easily. Just saying.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post