Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-11-2012, 06:39 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-11-2012 05:11 AM)Filox Wrote:  Look, shut up. You speak nonsense. You do care, that is why you post here, that is why you like to rant and that is why you mention them every day. You lack friends, you lack conversation. You just don't want to admit that, but I see it all. So, stop bullshitting yourself and start talking to people that you live with. It is pretty hard and retarded to live with someone and not talk to them. It makes you frustrated, it makes you passively-aggressive. In the end, we have to listen to you whining about it. Not that we cry over that fact every day, but still, I think that my advice will help your whole life in general and that we will be able to read more of your intelligent posts, not just your rants.

Big Grin

Peace be with you my brother.

When I say I don't care, I mean I don't care otherwise I wouldn't say I don't care.
It's not a hard concept to grasp there Filox.

I have no issues talking to people, I just would rather not if given the choice.
I don't want to talk about their high school glory days with them just as much as I'm sure they don't want to talk about global economics with me.
Hmmm, boring stories about some random guys days in high school or sinking a Yamato in Pacific Storm with a torpedo plane? Pacific Storm is gonna win out 100% of the time.

Until people decide to progress their conversations beyond high school glory days and their BFF's Brad and Angelina, I will continue to avoid them.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Yeah, good luck with social life then. Rant on!

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
20-11-2012, 07:17 AM
I used to think I hated my job.... today I realised I dont hate my job, I hate the people in charge.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
20-11-2012, 08:03 AM
So I got involved in an FB abortion debate. FML. Apparently I am advocating baby murder. Offers to pray for me in 3...2...

This is not something that I do, as a rule. But this friend of mine... keeps posting these fairly... passive-aggressive anti-abortion things and sometimes I rise to the bait. It was going OK until some asshat pitched up with the 'you so sinful' angle.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-11-2012, 05:59 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 06:36 PM by earmuffs.)
$200 parking fine for not having an up-to-date registration.

One fucking thing after the other...

Words cannot describe how fucking pissed off at life I am right now at this very moment.
No jokes, no sarcasm, no ranting, nothing just pure fucking anger.

20-11-2012, 09:30 PM
(20-11-2012 08:03 AM)morondog Wrote:  So I got involved in an FB abortion debate. FML. Apparently I am advocating baby murder. Offers to pray for me in 3...2...

This is not something that I do, as a rule. But this friend of mine... keeps posting these fairly... passive-aggressive anti-abortion things and sometimes I rise to the bait. It was going OK until some asshat pitched up with the 'you so sinful' angle.
I've done this, and was called "cold and logical," and told the world is not cold and logical. I said it'd be a better place if it was. This was after repeated appeals to emotion fallacies, among other things, because dude could not come up with a good reason to be anti-choice, and actually stated that the woman's life doesn't matter anymore once she has a blastocyst in her uterus. My head exploded at that point.

Glad I don't get a lot of the anti-abortion things on there anymore though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Good for you Amyb! Being cold and logical is a good thing (at least in my books), so they gave you a compliment!
Clearly the person who said the word if not cold and logical have never studied the cold uncaring mechanisms that govern the universe...

May I recommend that next time that breaks out, you give them some arguments such as higher teen pregnancy rates, likely more abused, disadvantaged or abandoned children, a smaller youth workforce, greater amounts of pregnancy related deaths and so on and so on, because they just love to deny that kind of stuff!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-11-2012, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2012 09:52 PM by earmuffs.)
Abortion?

Abortion prevents crime.
True story.

Extremely great video.
It's only part of the whole segment on abortion in the film "Freakanomics". The rest of it goes into looking at Romania when they basically forced women to give birth (not by just making contraception illegal, I'm talking physically forced).
Watch the whole movie, it's great. Or read the book, whatever.

20-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Thanks earmuffs. That's gonna stir up the shit again when I share it on my FB page. lolz.

That was one of my arguments last time though, and the other party in the argument said that once the mommy sees the baby, she will wuv him forever and ever and do whatever it takes to make him happy, ALWAYS. Which is obviously bullshit.

I was also told that if I ever became pregnant, I'd change my mind on abortion. I told him (and it was the first time I told this to anyone) that I did have a pregnancy scare as a teenager, and abortion was the first thing that came to mind. Fortunately, my body was one step ahead of me and got rid of the cell cluster on its own.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 09:59 PM
(20-11-2012 09:56 PM)amyb Wrote:  Thanks earmuffs. That's gonna stir up the shit again when I share it on my FB page. lolz.

That was one of my arguments last time though, and the other party in the argument said that once the mommy sees the baby, she will wuv him forever and ever and do whatever it takes to make him happy, ALWAYS. Which is obviously bullshit.

I was also told that if I ever became pregnant, I'd change my mind on abortion. I told him (and it was the first time I told this to anyone) that I did have a pregnancy scare as a teenager, and abortion was the first thing that came to mind. Fortunately, my body was one step ahead of me and got rid of the cell cluster on its own.
lolwut?

I thought mothers pretty much ignoring their babies was a serious problem?
Can't remember the name of it for the life of me.
I know there is a disorder anyway.

There is also that case recently (like in the last two weeks) in Ireland of that lady that died because she didn't get an abortion.