Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-05-2016, 05:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-05-2016 01:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(21-05-2016 01:45 PM)unfogged Wrote:  4:30? That's a pretty strange mondegreen.

I was hoping it was her phone hating her again. Tongue

'Farm living is the life for me.'

Yeah, while that damn song was looping around in my brain I came to the sad realization that I knew all the words...after all these years. Weeping

It was my phone!!

I have no clue how I did that...of course I still don't know where cock pimple came from either. Tongue

I've got to stick to the iPad.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2016, 12:02 AM
Watching James Bond....the good Bond...

Sean Connery...

You only live twice...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2016, 12:18 AM
(22-05-2016 12:02 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Watching James Bond....the good Bond...

Sean Connery...

You only live twice...

Ye oldde Sean Connery.

My favorite part of Goldfinger was when they tested it out on Mythbusters. Twice. Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
22-05-2016, 12:45 AM
(08-04-2016 02:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, I'm driving down the road and someone cut me off, so I honked my horn. Admittedly, I've never honked the horn before now (I've had the car nearly a year).

It's the most whiny gay sounding horn I've ever heard. It's really more of a whine than a honk.

I've since renamed my car to Bryce. Because a totally gay car with an even more gay sounding horn doesn't deserve a cool name like Sid.

Dodgy

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
22-05-2016, 04:35 AM
Daily riddle with Muffs:

What has fewer holes the more holes you make?

[Image: oscar.png]
22-05-2016, 05:29 AM
(22-05-2016 04:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Daily riddle with Muffs:

What has fewer holes the more holes you make?

A sponge.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
22-05-2016, 06:52 AM
Ugh, have to spend a Sunday morning in church.
22-05-2016, 08:45 AM
Starting week number six where the soundtrack of my life is the sound of roofers hammering away. Weeping

That's all day from 7 am to 9 pm seven days a week. Then the sound of the neighbor's RV running all night. They have been living in it since the second storm. At least the dogs have learned to ignore the sounds. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
22-05-2016, 02:54 PM
How do you tell a friend that their "writing" actually sucks.

It's beyond the editing the process and I'm not talking about syntax, spelling or grammar errors. I'm also not getting into the whole genre isn't my thing (she writes fantasy).

Part of the problem is to me that there isn't decent character development and the fact she frequently seems to forget what the character is doing. Like a character might be doing something or performing a task, but the next sentence has them in a completely different location and doing something different.

It's not as though this is a new chapter or even paragraph, it's the next damn sentence. After thinking on it, it seems that perhaps she took a break from writing and came back, but neglected to reread what she had written just before.

The whole book feels disjointed.

Should I be honest? Or should I just lie and say what she wants to hear..."it's a literary masterpiece."

Dodgy

22-05-2016, 03:07 PM
(22-05-2016 02:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How do you tell a friend that their "writing" actually sucks.

It's beyond the editing the process and I'm not talking about syntax, spelling or grammar errors. I'm also not getting into the whole genre isn't my thing (she writes fantasy).

Part of the problem is to me that there isn't decent character development and the fact she frequently seems to forget what the character is doing. Like a character might be doing something or performing a task, but the next sentence has them in a completely different location and doing something different.

It's not as though this is a new chapter or even paragraph, it's the next damn sentence. After thinking on it, it seems that perhaps she took a break from writing and came back, but neglected to reread what she had written just before.

The whole book feels disjointed.

Should I be honest? Or should I just lie and say what she wants to hear..."it's a literary masterpiece."

Dodgy

Tell the truth, lying about how good a book is is how we get another twilight or dog forbid 50 shades of gray.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post