Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-05-2016, 06:01 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I have an itchy rash from one or both of the medications I am taking. In the middle of the rashy area are two itchier spider bites...fml. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2016, 06:07 AM
(23-05-2016 09:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck...

If you're a real estate person farming potential clients and decide to go door-to-door, you might get further if you don't open with, "Jesus told me to knock on your door..."

Does that shit actually work?

I was polite as I closed the door.

Soon after my wife and I moved into our house, I god a knock on the door from the pastor of the Baptist church down the road. lol. I told him that my wife likes to drag her atheist husband to the Warwick Reformed Church every once in a while. He then asked if I believe that we were all created by an explosion millions of years ago. I actually laughed in his face and said that it is better than believing that some mystical sky daddy did it 6000 years ago. He left angry. I think he actually put our address on a list of banned houses, because they will bother our neighbors and avoid us.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
24-05-2016, 09:56 AM
(22-05-2016 02:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How do you tell a friend that their "writing" actually sucks.

It's beyond the editing the process and I'm not talking about syntax, spelling or grammar errors. I'm also not getting into the whole genre isn't my thing (she writes fantasy).

Part of the problem is to me that there isn't decent character development and the fact she frequently seems to forget what the character is doing. Like a character might be doing something or performing a task, but the next sentence has them in a completely different location and doing something different.

It's not as though this is a new chapter or even paragraph, it's the next damn sentence. After thinking on it, it seems that perhaps she took a break from writing and came back, but neglected to reread what she had written just before.

The whole book feels disjointed.

Should I be honest? Or should I just lie and say what she wants to hear..."it's a literary masterpiece."

Dodgy

"The style of William S. Burroughs doesn't work in fantasy."

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
24-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Meeting my writer friend today.

Should be intersting. I hope.

Gotta bunch of house stuff to do too.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-05-2016, 01:46 PM
(24-05-2016 06:07 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

If you're a real estate person farming potential clients and decide to go door-to-door, you might get further if you don't open with, "Jesus told me to knock on your door..."

Soon after my wife and I moved into our house, I god a knock on the door from the pastor of the Baptist church down the road. lol. I told him that my wife likes to drag her atheist husband to the Warwick Reformed Church every once in a while. He then asked if I believe that we were all created by an explosion millions of years ago. I actually laughed in his face and said that it is better than believing that some mystical sky daddy did it 6000 years ago. He left angry. I think he actually put our address on a list of banned houses, because they will bother our neighbors and avoid us.

One of my buds in the carving club was talking today that he had some jovies bug him as he was getting out of his car. Once he walked into the driveway, they buggered off. He noticed that there was a green crayon "X" on the apron of the driveway, and suspects that this is a warning to others to keep away. I should go one better and draw a pentagram. First, I want to get a nice picture of Baphomet, so when they show up at the door again, I can pull it out and scream "Hail Satan!". That would be so fun! Evil_monster
24-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Go away sex-life. You're boring me.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
24-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Met my friend and it actually went pretty well. We didn't get much chance to talk about her novel.

Yay me!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-05-2016, 05:53 PM

Amazingly sometimes it probably does. I've watched people go out on dates because "God told me to take you on a date".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-05-2016, 05:55 PM
(24-05-2016 06:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have an itchy rash from one or both of the medications I am taking. In the middle of the rashy area are two itchier spider bites...fml. Dodgy

I got an itchy rash on my balls.

#sigh
24-05-2016, 05:56 PM
(24-05-2016 05:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-05-2016 06:01 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have an itchy rash from one or both of the medications I am taking. In the middle of the rashy area are two itchier spider bites...fml. Dodgy

I got an itchy rash on my balls.

Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF