Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-05-2016, 12:36 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-05-2016 01:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Got to be fucking kidding me.

Timeline 23rd; get assignment shittily done.
24th: due date, no choice to submit it, but the submission portal is dated incorrectly. Work up the gets to talk to the person required to get it fixed. Submit assignment.
27th: Log into the student portal to see it it was marked aaaand... IT WASN'T SUBMITTED!!! Hastily attach a note of apology and submit. 2 days, 23 hours late.

??th lose the few marks the trash was worth due to outstanding submission deductions.

21st June: Abysmally fail exam.

10th Feb, 2017: repeat course third time. Fail again.
You can still fight this. Explain that the system was broken and you made a good faith effort to submit on time. You probably won't lose all that many marks. Hey FT, I know you're a good guy. Don't be shy to push this. It's not your fault. Also even if shittily done marks are marks. Whatever marks you get for it might be the edge you need to pass.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Not really a rant but we don't a thread for just weird, make you scratch your head stuff.

We have had an African Grey parrot for about twenty years. She was a rescue. We always referred to her a 'she' but didn't know for sure.

So, yeah...we found a broken egg in the bottom of her cage just a few minutes ago.

Kinda stunned by that. It's never happened before. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
27-05-2016, 05:37 PM
(27-05-2016 05:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not really a rant but we don't a thread for just weird, make you scratch your head stuff.

We have had an African Grey parrot for about twenty years. She was a rescue. We always referred to her a 'she' but didn't know for sure.

So, yeah...we found a broken egg in the bottom of her cage just a few minutes ago.

I heard that female birds will lay eggs sometimes.

Wait that just came out wrong, right?

A friend had love birds, she got a nesting box. One would lay eggs but they never did anything...then after a trip to the vet she learned they both were female.

I should add one died because she couldn't pass the egg.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-05-2016, 05:43 PM
(27-05-2016 12:36 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 01:20 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Got to be fucking kidding me.

Timeline 23rd; get assignment shittily done.
24th: due date, no choice to submit it, but the submission portal is dated incorrectly. Work up the gets to talk to the person required to get it fixed. Submit assignment.
27th: Log into the student portal to see it it was marked aaaand... IT WASN'T SUBMITTED!!! Hastily attach a note of apology and submit. 2 days, 23 hours late.

??th lose the few marks the trash was worth due to outstanding submission deductions.

21st June: Abysmally fail exam.

10th Feb, 2017: repeat course third time. Fail again.
You can still fight this. Explain that the system was broken and you made a good faith effort to submit on time. You probably won't lose all that many marks. Hey FT, I know you're a good guy. Don't be shy to push this. It's not your fault. Also even if shittily done marks are marks. Whatever marks you get for it might be the edge you need to pass.

Yabut it kinda is my fault for not triple checking the submission.

Don't mind me. I was just venting.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-05-2016, 05:59 PM
(27-05-2016 05:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 05:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not really a rant but we don't a thread for just weird, make you scratch your head stuff.

I heard that female birds will lay eggs sometimes.

A friend had love birds, she got a nesting box. One would lay eggs but they never did anything...then after a trip to the vet she learned they both were female.

We are going to be watching her closely. From what I have looked up online there could be more eggs on the way. It also seems that many people don't know if they have a male or female and around 20 seems to be surprise egg time. Shocking

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-05-2016, 06:21 PM
(27-05-2016 05:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 05:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I heard that female birds will lay eggs sometimes.

We are going to be watching her closely. From what I have looked up online there could be more eggs on the way. It also seems that many people don't know if they have a male or female and around 20 seems to be surprise egg time. Shocking

Yeah parrots live a long time. Your parrot is just hitting her stride. Smile

*hug*

27-05-2016, 06:25 PM
One of my sons was driving my car and had a flat. When he took the lug nuts off, one was so stripped that the stud came off with the nut. It's a front wheel drive, so the hub has to be pulled in order to remove and press in a new stud. I don't usually have other people work on my car, but I had a shop I trust rotate the tires. I'm going to take it back and have them make it right. Removing the hub is big dollars in terms of labor, and I can't do it myself, with my back acting up. I'll have them check the other side's lug nuts, just to make sure they didn't jack them up, as well.
27-05-2016, 09:32 PM
(27-05-2016 11:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All week long it's looked like its about to rain. It's been cloudy with dark clouds. As a result of the gloomy cloudy appearance, anytime I've left the house, I've been sure to bring a lightweight rain jacket.

All week it hasn't actually rained, despite seeming like it there would be a downpour any moment.

Today, I ran to the bank to withdraw some cash, and left with house without my 'rain' jacket because I was only running to the bank and today it was actually a bit brighter outside...

When I left the bank, it was fucking pouring down rain. Blink

You flouted the authority of the rain god by not taking your jacket and received just punishment. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-05-2016, 09:34 PM
(27-05-2016 09:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 11:34 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  All week long it's looked like its about to rain. It's been cloudy with dark clouds. As a result of the gloomy cloudy appearance, anytime I've left the house, I've been sure to bring a lightweight rain jacket.

All week it hasn't actually rained, despite seeming like it there would be a downpour any moment.

Today, I ran to the bank to withdraw some cash, and left with house without my 'rain' jacket because I was only running to the bank and today it was actually a bit brighter outside...

When I left the bank, it was fucking pouring down rain. Blink

You flouted the authority of the rain god by not taking your jacket and received just punishment. Yes

I did, and the rest of day, I made sure it didn't rain again, by carrying my jacket. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
27-05-2016, 09:48 PM
(27-05-2016 09:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-05-2016 09:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  You flouted the authority of the rain god by not taking your jacket and received just punishment. Yes

I did, and the rest of day, I made sure it didn't rain again, by carrying my jacket. Tongue

You really ought to do a naked tour of California, I hear they could use some water. Yes

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post