Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-06-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I thought all east coasters spoke funny.

I've got a girlfriend from Massachusetts, she really speaks oddly.

It's a damn drawer, not a draw. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2016, 06:05 PM
(01-06-2016 05:56 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 02:34 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  @istandwithhatespeech is trending on twitter. Makes me lose hope for humanity. Background info. EU made a deal with Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms to regulate and remove hate speech to stop extremeist from corrupting young minds. People taking it as censorship and risk of free speech.

The problem is that hate speech has no definition. People who don't like what you say will call it hate speech. If I say that Mohammed the so called muslim profit was a pedophile, the muslims will classify that as hate speech. If I say that many of the people leaching off the system need to grow up and get jobs or be put to work by the government if they want to continue seeing a check, they would consider that hate speech. If you say that my comments are racist comments, then classify your comment as hate speech.

Hate speech not having a definition is a very weak argument as it does have a definition. It's defined in the agreement as “all conduct publicly inciting to violence or hatred directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin”.

For example, telling a Muslim Mohammed was a murderer. That is not hate speech no matter what they say. That is a fact.

Telling a Muslim to go blow himself up because he is a waste of space, is hate speech.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
01-06-2016, 07:49 PM
(01-06-2016 06:05 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 05:56 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  The problem is that hate speech has no definition. People who don't like what you say will call it hate speech. If I say that Mohammed the so called muslim profit was a pedophile, the muslims will classify that as hate speech. If I say that many of the people leaching off the system need to grow up and get jobs or be put to work by the government if they want to continue seeing a check, they would consider that hate speech. If you say that my comments are racist comments, then classify your comment as hate speech.

Hate speech not having a definition is a very weak argument as it does have a definition. It's defined in the agreement as “all conduct publicly inciting to violence or hatred directed against a group of persons or a member of such a group defined by reference to race, colour, religion, descent or national or ethnic origin”.

For example, telling a Muslim Mohammed was a murderer. That is not hate speech no matter what they say. That is a fact.

Telling a Muslim to go blow himself up because he is a waste of space, is hate speech.

Maybe to you, but to a devout Muslim both are equally insulting and with hate speech it is always the offended party that ends up setting the limit.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
01-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Time Warner can't get its act together tonight and keeps starting The Americans after commercial breaks, only to play more commercial breaks, then rejoin the show. So I'm missing entire plot chunks. Such as:
FBI Agent: Borov just told me-
TV: ORDER UFC RIGHT NOW ON TIME WARNER FOR AN EXCELLENT FIGHT. Who is your number one Yamaha deal-
Show: *moves on from pivotal cliffhanger statement*

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Fuck it. If the supplier wont give me the information I need I'll do it the god damn hard way.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-06-2016, 11:37 PM
(01-06-2016 10:17 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Fuck it. If the supplier wont give me the information I need I'll do it the god damn hard way.

Without knee pads? Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Our property backs up a nature preserve/bird sanctuary...

Lots of those flying beasts around. Dodgy

Few weeks ago, I was outside and saw a bird tapping on the neighbors back door. I thought that was strange.

This continued for a few days. And I forgot about it. Then I heard it tapping on our sliding door.

I was in the kitchen and witnessed it.

It's not flying into our window, but merely getting close and tapping on it.

I just now, realized it's looking for food. Several people used to keep bird feeders around here, but two of them recently moved away.

If they didn't make such a huge mess and not to mention attract rodents, I'd consider it (right now, we've got a robin nesting on a tree directly above our AC unit).

So for right now, the stupid bird can forage like the rest of them.

02-06-2016, 12:37 PM
(02-06-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Our property backs up a nature preserve/bird sanctuary...

Few weeks ago, I was outside and saw a bird tapping on the neighbors back door. I thought that was strange.

This continued for a few days. And I forgot about it. Then I heard it tapping on our sliding door.

I just now, realized it's looking for food. Several people used to keep bird feeders around here, but two of them recently moved away.

If they didn't make such a huge mess and not to mention attract rodents, I'd consider it (right now, we've got a robin nesting on a tree directly above our AC unit).

Must be a Knockingbird. Big Grin
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
02-06-2016, 12:49 PM
(02-06-2016 12:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(02-06-2016 12:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Our property backs up a nature preserve/bird sanctuary...

Must be a Knockingbird. Big Grin

I think we need to give you an award.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Dandy...rain today from a different direction revealed more leaks.

Wonder how much of the roof I can cover with the skin of that scrawny fucking contractor. Angry

The owner of the construction company will be here in the morning to witness the gigantic fuckup his employee has created. I will be here too...enough is e-fucking-nough. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat