Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-06-2016, 03:20 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-06-2016 03:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Cooking for your dog???

If that's not a case of misplaced values, I don't know what is....

You know what your dog would REALLY like to eat????

Cat turds, a week old dead woodchuck, and a pile of vomit.................

It's not that dogs aren't picky --- they've just got a different set of values than human beings..............

Our dog liked to eat horse turds and currency. He was a golden retriever, allergic to practically everything, but he seemed to process shit and dollar bills just fine.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2016, 03:24 PM
(06-06-2016 03:20 PM)julep Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 03:10 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Cooking for your dog???

If that's not a case of misplaced values, I don't know what is....

You know what your dog would REALLY like to eat????

Cat turds, a week old dead woodchuck, and a pile of vomit.................

It's not that dogs aren't picky --- they've just got a different set of values than human beings..............

Our dog liked to eat horse turds and currency. He was a golden retriever, allergic to practically everything, but he seemed to process shit and dollar bills just fine.

My grandfather used to fix Tv's back in the tube days.

Their dog Lady ate I have no idea how many of them. You'd think glass would hurt going in and coming out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-06-2016, 04:28 PM
(06-06-2016 03:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 03:20 PM)julep Wrote:  Our dog liked to eat horse turds and currency. He was a golden retriever, allergic to practically everything, but he seemed to process shit and dollar bills just fine.

My grandfather used to fix Tv's back in the tube days.

Their dog Lady ate I have no idea how many of them. You'd think glass would hurt going in and coming out.

Our Golden eats the occasional rock. Facepalm
06-06-2016, 04:37 PM
My dogs and the cat are fed Blue Buffalo. The puppy prefers to eat everything else...sticks, shoelaces, leaves, bugs, stuffed toys...he has technicolor poo most of the time. Undecided

I do cook now and then for the parrots...cornbread mixed with mixed vegies. It's a lot cheaper than treats for them and they love it and it's good for them. Less than a dollar a box for Jiffy corn muffin mix and a couple bucks for a bag of frozen veggies...add an egg complete with shell and a splash of milk.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
06-06-2016, 05:04 PM
The local motel called us today to fix a few odds and ends. We checked on the subpump for the oxidation ponds, and then the motel owner (an old guy with a bad knee and arthritis) asked us to carry and old mattress and box spring to the burn pile behind the building. So far, mo problem, nothing out of the ordinary for this particular customer. When business was done, we rode to the bank to deposit checks, and I saw it run across my pant leg. A bedbug.

A fucking bedbug.

Killed it. Saw another one a minute later. Killed it.

Came home. Went straight to the laundry room in the carport. Took off everything. Sprayed nylar into the washing machine, topped it off with pine oil. Walked nude from the carport to the shower.

I've had these fuckers before. They're a nightmare. I'd rather bore through my skull with a jackhammer than puut up with bedbugs again.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
06-06-2016, 05:07 PM
Bedbugs are awful fuckers.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-06-2016, 07:10 PM
(06-06-2016 05:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Bedbugs are awful fuckers.

Well they reproduce OK so they're clearly doing something right Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
06-06-2016, 07:13 PM
I like tap dancing.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
06-06-2016, 07:19 PM
People should really remember who they turned their back on before they start asking for favors. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-06-2016, 05:49 AM
(06-06-2016 02:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-06-2016 11:09 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I feel your friend is mistaken. My wife had her own dog grooming business for a while before and after we met. We had a client that brought in 3 middle aged slow lethargic dogs about every 3 weeks to have their nails clipped. Every time she came in, she would have to drag them in the door. Not because they were hyper and wanted to go the other way or something. It was because they were slow tired animals with fatty tumors on their bodies. We told her the food was probably the cause and to switch to something like Blue Buffalo or similar quality food. She switched over and then it was about 3 months before we saw her again. The next time she came in, she was dragged through the door by her 3 dogs, the fatty tumors we almost gone most were gone and the others were a lot smaller. They were running around instead of trying to lay down all the time. It was as if she had switched dogs. While cooking will always be the best, because you can't be in complete control of what the dog food company puts in it. We keep posted on what is in the news and feel the brand we use is just about top of the line.

Where did I say I agreed?

I didn't. Sorry I'm cranky today and don't mean to be bitchy.

That said I buy an excellent quality dog food. I've always had to drag my dog into the groomers and the vet too. He just knows and hates it.

Also the fatty tumor thing...my dog is 14 and has them -- they're kinda common in old dogs of certain breeds. My dog is a pound mix...

While they are a sign of old age, they shouldn't be on a moderately young dog. In this case, none of the dogs were old enough.