Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-11-2012, 06:31 PM
RE: Ranting corner
"The baby could grow up to be a great person" is a common used argument.
"No aborted baby achieved anything" I believe is how they word it.

Just like to point out that it works both ways. "No aborted baby committed any form of crime".
Not to mention what of the mothers loss of potential? What if she's in high school? She can pretty much say goodbye to college.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Arsehole at work has been doing my head in today.

If I was in my early 50's and all I had to show for it was working on the bottom rung of a supermarket, was approaching incompetent even at that, and spent half my time there bitching about, trying to shit stir between, and trying to cause trouble for a couple of people in their early 20's just because they were both above me and took no notice when I tried to dictate stuff to them, I'd consider my life a bit of failure.

That's what you are dude. A sad, pathetic, little man who's failed at life. You really can't take it that all you have to show for 50+ years is a shitty job where you're answerable to people who are young enough to be your kids (and if you're into teen pregnancy, your grand kids). You deal with this short-coming by trying to dictate to us what we should be doing (which, strangely enough, always seems to involve everyone pitching in to help you out with even the smallest task but you fucking off whenever anyone else needs help) and when we don't agree you resort to trying to shit-stir between us but you can't even manage that. You are the very definition of a fuck-up.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
21-11-2012, 09:44 PM
(21-11-2012 06:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Not to mention what of the mothers loss of potential? What if she's in high school? She can pretty much say goodbye to college.
Well, this dude said if the woman gets pregnant, she has no rights, basically, and she should be punished forever for the crime of spreading her whore legs, while the guy often gets off scot free. He said women should not have sex unless they are prepared to raise a baby. I said that's one of the most misogynistic things I've heard in a while, basically, that if there's a blastocyst in your womb, you no longer matter, and women are wombs, not people. He says it disgusts him when people say "what about the woman?" because that's selfish and she should be thinking about the child, not herself, since it's her fault she got pregnant and she must dedicate her whole life to an unwanted child for the next 20 years now.

Incidentally, this guy knocked up his girlfriend (my best friend, still, though they are no longer together because he was a deadbeat dad and her husband adopted the kids) when she was 15. While he's changed when it comes to these things since then, it still sort of underlines the idea he thinks women are baby cannons and don't deserve a life of their own, and their future and their happiness does not matter.

Anyway, this might explain why I got upset about the matter. Seriously, I thought birth control and (safe, legal) abortions existed to help people NOT have unwanted babies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Honestly, I'd just hit him in the face with a sledgehammer.
Sounds like a total douche.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
21-11-2012, 10:32 PM
My parents have been very busy remodeling their house and have been neglecting their vehicles for some time. Dad hired me to detail Mom's car after he saw how good my car looks. I stepped on the lock button while climbing on top to wax it and locked the keys in afterward. Since it is the holiday weekend locksmiths want a fortune to open it. Spent about 8 hours on it and now I am spending what I earned having it unlocked by a smith. GOD DAMMIT!

21-11-2012, 10:35 PM
I am done with school! Thank flying fuck for that!

Last day has past, no more exams, not more required lessons, nothing! I am free!
For now at the very least.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Just break into it yourself.

Also, could be cheaper just smashing the window? Maybe not, I dunno. Locking keys inside a vehicle is something I'm not familiar with considering it's a little hard to do on a motorbike.

21-11-2012, 10:36 PM
(21-11-2012 10:35 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I am done with school! Thank flying fuck for that!

Last day has past, no more exams, not more required lessons, nothing! I am free!
For now at the very least.
woooo!

21-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Yes, woo indeed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
22-11-2012, 12:12 AM
(21-11-2012 10:32 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  My parents have been very busy remodeling their house and have been neglecting their vehicles for some time. Dad hired me to detail Mom's car after he saw how good my car looks. I stepped on the lock button while climbing on top to wax it and locked the keys in afterward. Since it is the holiday weekend locksmiths want a fortune to open it. Spent about 8 hours on it and now I am spending what I earned having it unlocked by a smith. GOD DAMMIT!

Bummer. But don't tell you don't have spare keys anywhere? How can you not have a spare key?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson