Goodnight.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(07-06-2016 09:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Goodnight all

Might have missed the 1000000 post...

But I did get the 20000 post here.

Congrats and good night! And I will consider the consideration that you mentioned.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2016, 01:15 AM
(07-06-2016 09:11 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I hate giving presentations.

Why must the world be so unreasonably biased against those like myself who simply wish to exist in the background? I have no desire to be in front of the crowd. Can not my writing be judged on it's own merit? Does it truly need me fumbling to express what is already clearly on the page?

Something you need to realise: everyone feels a slight panic over presentations. When you get up and face the room - that sinking feeling? It's an ape left-over. Everyone is looking at you. As an ape you freak the fuck out. It's completely normal. Honestly. Stage fright is a thing. Realise that none of them is really looking at you. They're thinking "Fuck FT, get the fuck on with it. We don't actually give a shit, just finish the presentation so we can have lunch". Maybe four or five people will actually pay attention to what you say...

The advantage of a presentation from the audience point of view is that you can put stuff across without having them read the whole paper. Summarise, let them ask questions. And don't worry, everyone gives crap presentations the first few times. Everyone.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-06-2016, 05:56 AM
(07-06-2016 08:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "Oh dude, she's an atheist and will like, criticize parts of the Bible". My response was, "Oh so am I!" when I meant to go "Oh, so do I" to criticizing parts of the Bible.

Sounds like a Freudian slip to me.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
08-06-2016, 06:02 AM
(08-06-2016 05:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(07-06-2016 08:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "Oh dude, she's an atheist and will like, criticize parts of the Bible". My response was, "Oh so am I!" when I meant to go "Oh, so do I" to criticizing parts of the Bible.

Drinking Beverage

Agreed. Once you throw out most of the bible as being evil or untrue, you must eventually toss the whole thing out.
08-06-2016, 09:51 AM
After having our temps well up in the 90s, it's finally cooling, so I'm trying to cool down the house so the AC doesn't have to come on.

I hate using the AC when the outside temps are totally manageable (right now it's 64 outside) but because of the lack of airflow through the house...we just end up withering.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-06-2016, 10:06 AM
(08-06-2016 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  After having our temps well up in the 90s, it's finally cooling, so I'm trying to cool down the house so the AC doesn't have to come on.

I hate using the AC when the outside temps are totally manageable (right now it's 64 outside) but because of the lack of airflow through the house...we just end up withering.

Hope things cool off well. I know the feeling.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
08-06-2016, 10:36 AM
(08-06-2016 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  After having our temps well up in the 90s, it's finally cooling, so I'm trying to cool down the house so the AC doesn't have to come on.

[Image: 6a3471e4cd7b38be3fd4f856da071618.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-06-2016, 10:38 AM
(08-06-2016 10:36 AM)Chas Wrote:  

[Image: 6a3471e4cd7b38be3fd4f856da071618.jpg]

There isn't one window downstairs that would work in to make a difference.

We used to use one all the time when we lived in California (no one in our area bothered with AC).

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-06-2016, 12:09 PM
(08-06-2016 05:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  

Drinking Beverage
Kinda doubting that, still believe in God and most of my church's teachings. Smile

(08-06-2016 06:02 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 05:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Sounds like a Freudian slip to me.
Drinking Beverage

Agreed. Once you throw out most of the bible as being evil or untrue, you must eventually toss the whole thing out.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I read that in Ken Ham's voice. Because of how he once lectured on similar while denouncing Billy Graham's Canadian friend and equivalent who decided against Genesis and then Christianity if the beginning were nothing but an allegory. Anyhow, not most of, just...parts.

Need to think of a witty signature.