Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-06-2016, 12:39 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(08-06-2016 12:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 05:56 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Sounds like a Freudian slip to me.
Drinking Beverage
Kinda doubting that, still believe in God and most of my church's teachings. Smile

(08-06-2016 06:02 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Agreed. Once you throw out most of the bible as being evil or untrue, you must eventually toss the whole thing out.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I read that in Ken Ham's voice. Because of how he once lectured on similar while denouncing Billy Graham's Canadian friend and equivalent who decided against Genesis and then Christianity if the beginning were nothing but an allegory. Anyhow, not most of, just...parts.

Well, I don't care what you believe.

Seriously as infiltrators go, you're ok. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-06-2016, 02:25 PM
(08-06-2016 12:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, I don't care what you believe.

Thanks Moms, good to know the plan worked. Tongue Seriously though, it's like Aliza has said before, the people here are great people, even if we don't believe the same things necessarily.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
08-06-2016, 02:40 PM
(08-06-2016 02:25 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 12:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, I don't care what you believe.

Thanks Moms, good to know the plan worked. Tongue Seriously though, it's like Aliza has said before, the people here are great people, even if we don't believe the same things necessarily.

Wouldn't believe her 100%, she is usually drunk on peanut butter Big Grin

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
08-06-2016, 02:51 PM
(08-06-2016 02:25 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

... Hmpf. I've been trying to think of a bad word to say about you. Goddamn reasonable religious person Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
08-06-2016, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 08:23 PM by Fireball.)
(08-06-2016 09:51 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  After having our temps well up in the 90s, it's finally cooling, so I'm trying to cool down the house so the AC doesn't have to come on.

I hate using the AC when the outside temps are totally manageable (right now it's 64 outside) but because of the lack of airflow through the house...we just end up withering.

Long, but worth a read. You'll get more comfort and lower your electric bill.
You still have heat gain from the sun pounding on the house. Chas' idea is good. Your best bet is having the fan upstairs (if you have an upstairs) with a window on the cooler side of the house open. I have a whole house fan that makes a tremendous amount of noise. So, what I do is prop the louvers open and leave a window in another room open at night. Convection alone will drop the interior temperature as much as 8º F overnight. I made a spreadsheet and tracked the temps for a couple of months. One, so that I could determine that it actually worked, and two, when to stop pumping. If the temperature differential is 10º, but the house is over 70º inside, I will power up box fans to draw more air. With an exterior temperature of 60º F, I can lower the house interior temperature to 68-69º. You have to stop using the fans before the outside air temp gets too high. I do that when the thermometer we have on an outside wall is within 5º of the interior temp. Then I button up the windows for the day. I've had pretty warm days where the AC never kicked on. Of course, the family gets a little tense about the 68-69º and the draft from the fans, but I tell them to put on a flannel shirt for a few hours. Our electrical energy use is no more than 70% of any neighbor who has cared to share their information. Some use three to four times the electricity that we use.
08-06-2016, 06:34 PM
When I can I open the windows and run the fan on the HVAC. It circulates the air and draws fresh air through the ductwork. I especially like to do this in the spring and fall after the HVAC system has spent months recycling the same air.

I also put a small fan in one of the living room windows...sometimes blowing outward to pull the air through the house to the outside.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
08-06-2016, 10:20 PM
(08-06-2016 02:40 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Wouldn't believe her 100%, she is usually drunk on peanut butter Big Grin
An insidious drug if there ever were one...and now I'm hungry haha.

(08-06-2016 02:51 PM)morondog Wrote:  ... Hmpf. I've been trying to think of a bad word to say about you. Goddamn reasonable religious person Dodgy

Thank you. I try at least. (And have friends who assure me that one day I'll "stop with all the Woo". Tongue )

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
08-06-2016, 11:24 PM
People baffle me

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

08-06-2016, 11:40 PM
(08-06-2016 11:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People baffle me

Assume they're idiots - they become much easier to understand Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
09-06-2016, 08:49 AM
(08-06-2016 11:40 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-06-2016 11:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  People baffle me

Assume they're idiots - they become much easier to understand Tongue

And 99% of the time, accurate. Tongue