Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-06-2016, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2016 03:28 PM by Anjele.)
RE: Ranting corner
I ordered a ceiling fan for the kitchen from Amazon on June 1st. It wasn't available for two day shipping but said I would have it by the 8th. On June 6th my card was charged and a shipping label was created.

On the 9th the status was still that a label was created. Okay...it'll get here faster if UPS actually gets the package.

I do an online chat with Amazon customer service and am assured that I will have the fan by today. Today it's still showing a status of 'shipping label' created. It's not going to get here today.

Back to online support. They can maybe reorder it for me but will take maybe eight days to get here. The plan was to have it so that when the ceilings are repaired the new fan can be installed. So I have to wait for a refund and then try to buy a fan elsewhere. The local Home Depot and Lowes are fresh out of most things like that...which is why I ordered from Amazon.

I left them a poor review but they won't publish it. So I rewrote it...and included the fact that they censored my original review. That one they published.

What a crock. I am so tired of things that should be simple being so complicated. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
11-06-2016, 11:03 AM
(11-06-2016 10:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I ordered a ceiling fan for the kitchen from Amazon on June 1st. It wasn't available for two day shipping but said I would have it by the 8th. One June 6th my card was charged and a shipping label was created.

On the 9th the status was still that a label was created. Okay...it'll get here faster if UPS actually gets the package.

I do an online chat with Amazon customer service and am assured that I will have the fan by today. Today it's still showing a status of 'shipping label' created. It's not going to get here today.

Back to online support. They can maybe reorder it for me but will take maybe eight days to get here. The plan was to have it so that when the ceilings are repaired the new fan can be installed. So I have to wait for a refund and then try to buy a fan elsewhere. The local Home Depot and Lowes are fresh out of most things like that...which is why I ordered from Amazon.

I left them a poor review but they won't publish it. So I rewrote it...and included the fact that they censored my original review. That one they published.

What a crock. I am so tired of things that should be simple being so complicated. Dodgy

I bought a book from Amazon that showed the same status, until the UPS guy put it on my porch.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
11-06-2016, 11:24 AM
(11-06-2016 10:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  What a crock. I am so tired of things that should be simple being so complicated. Dodgy

There is so much truth to that statement.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-06-2016, 07:15 PM
In the middle of the main event. Someone help.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
12-06-2016, 06:46 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2016 03:26 PM by Shai Hulud.)
A friend moved back with her family across her state, no job, to finish her dissertation after wasting tons of time with her Evangelical church in her university's town. First post after returning home was about how she was going to go be a camp counselor at a church camp. Never going to get done if you rely on what a friend and I call "Jesus the Enabler".
---
Edit One: Just got back from aunt and uncle's to say goodbye before flying home tomorrow from visiting parents and others. They had on Fox News. My uncle was telling me not to say anything in my classes, lest I get in trouble, as he was going on a transphobic rant. No worries there Uncle S...heh. Then he started going on about Trump being right about deporting all Muslims.
---
Edit Two: One of the hard things about gaming groups is finding dependable people. It's why mine always had issues when I lived in WV. Tonight they canceled on me again. One decided to play WoW tonight instead, one has no excuse, and one actually has a reasonable reason (picking up an extra work shift).
---
And now my dad laughing at how a gay man on the radio was in tears because he had to have known at least one person in the club. "Can you imagine actually crying at something while on the radio?" My mother and I were both like, yes, if we lost friends to a gunman, we would.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Why yes, a frog-strangling thunderstorm is just what we need. It's been almost a whole week since the last one after all. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-06-2016, 12:52 PM
I assure you that 87F feels like 150,000 degrees when your throwing cast iron bathtubs, and refrigerators, off the bed of your truck! Hobo

It's gawdam shit suckin ass HOT, outside! Sad

13-06-2016, 12:53 PM
(13-06-2016 12:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I assure you that 87F feels like 150,000 degrees when your throwing cast iron bathtubs, and refrigerators, off the bed of your truck! Hobo

It's gawdam shit suckin ass HOT, outside! Sad

And scrap prices are very low, so there is not much money in it.
13-06-2016, 12:59 PM
(07-06-2016 08:42 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I don't post here very often but I need to get his off my chest.

I witnessed some very disturbing behavior the other day at lunch in the park. The town I work near has a small park with a small lake and I go there nearly every day. I was having a sandwich and there was a little girl causing a disturbance across the little lake, maybe 300ft away. She looked about 4 or 5, petite and vicious as the day was long. I watched them for a while. She was with a man and two other boys one younger 3, and one older 6 or 7. She had a crying fit, tantrum and then went after the smaller boy with a fishing pole whipping at him with all her might.

Screaming the whole time, she caught him a time or two and finally the man took the pole away from her and another fit happened. In about 25 minutes she had more than 6 tantrums and screaming fits, hitting, kicking and throwing things around. They finally began making their way around the lake to head to the parking, her screaming at them the whole way.

When they got close to me she was demanding they stay and then she tried to hit the man with the fishing pole she had recaptured, darting away from him when he tried to get it. She finally got too close and he grabbed it and took it from her. She screamed her head off running ahead of them and then turned and at the top of her voice yelled, "BASTARD!" at him. He was downcast and defeated. I was numb.

She stomped off as if she owned the world. She would be a lovely little girl if not for the fact she was the spawn of Satan. I still can't hardly believe my eyes and ears. No
My friends son often behaved the same way, but now diagnosed with autism. Just bear in mind it isn't always plain naughtiness or bad parenting (and I know you didn't mention bad parenting but thats what my friend is often blamed with)

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
13-06-2016, 07:03 PM
It's a bit chilly here eh.

[Image: oscar.png]