Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-06-2016, 08:28 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-06-2016 12:53 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(13-06-2016 12:52 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I assure you that 87F feels like 150,000 degrees when your throwing cast iron bathtubs, and refrigerators, off the bed of your truck! Hobo

It's gawdam shit suckin ass HOT, outside! Sad

And scrap prices are very low, so there is not much money in it.

Prices are low, but you can still make money if you ain't lazy. Tongue
I had already dropped $135 dollars of pure scrap, no non ferrous, at the time of that posting.
I'd stopped by the house to grab a cooler, and some water bottles, and headed out to get more, cuz it's there.

Took pics heading into KC from the west after a pickup in Kansas.

[Image: IMG_20160606_144751465_HDR_zpsubdkelut.jpg]

Headed back west.

[Image: IMG_20160606_152654301_HDR_zpswp3qokiq.jpg]

Don't want to scrap down there, tho! Confused

[Image: IMG_20160613_152101984_zps6nmqgvh6.jpg]

But after I drop what's in the truck now, tomorrow morning, I'm taking the day off!
I was sweatin a gallon a minute, today.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
14-06-2016, 06:00 AM
Losing my mind!

We just realized this morning that we had celebrated Father's Day a week early. I was listening to the news and wondering why the weather person was giving the forecast for Father's Day, then checked the calendar. Not June 12, June 19. My husband already got the new road bike that was his present, so he's happy. But still. Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
14-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Fuck man, the one day I get a lift home from work (I normally bike, it's at like 1:30am and my neighborhood is pretty bad (for New Zealand) but I've never had an issues) and we're driving down one of the roads I ride my bike down and there's a bunch of fucking gang members all walking down the street (both sides) they start throwing gang signs and shit at us as we drove along and shouted some shit.

Fucking glad I didn't ride home tonight, I would have had to beat the shit out of all of them and than deal with potential assault charges and shit, what a hassle.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
14-06-2016, 07:43 AM
They're just all walking past my house now I can hear them.

[Image: oscar.png]
14-06-2016, 09:27 AM
that sucks, Muffs.
14-06-2016, 09:42 AM
(14-06-2016 07:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  They're just all walking past my house now I can hear them.

People just fucking suck.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-06-2016, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 14-06-2016 12:22 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(14-06-2016 09:42 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-06-2016 07:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  They're just all walking past my house now I can hear them.

People just fucking suck.

As someone who got back at like midnight in a dark parking lot at my apartment complex last night to a similar situation as Muffs, I concur. Gave the shuttle driver from the airport an extra tip on top of my prepaid one for being willing to stand watch while I used the key for the security door.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2016, 04:39 PM
I want to know what extrachromosomal monkey programmed the Windows 10 snap feature.

You know, in Win 7, if i wanted a program nestled in the bottom left corner, I could just move it there and it would automatically snap perfectly to the taskbar and side of the screen. Does 10, one of the points do this for one of it sells itself on? No. It leaves like a 2mm space between the taskbar and side of my screen. I can't drag the edges out to meet their correct places, because 10 just snaps the goddamned focus window across the entire screen to the other end!!
God forbid I try to adjust it manually so that the WINDOW TOUCHES THE WISE AND THE TASKBAR LIKE IT DID IN THE SUPPOSEDLY INFERIOR VERSION because then it forces the window a few millimetres BELOW the fucking taskbar. Any attenpts at fine adjustment are FOILED BY THE GODDAMNED SNAP "FEATURE" WHICH JUST RESETS THE GODDAMNED PROBLEM ANY TIME I GET CLOSE TO THE CORRECT POSITION!!!!!

Does turning snap off help? Of fucking course it doesn't, because why the fuck would it?

And before anybody dares tell me to calm down because there is no reason to get so bent out of shape over minor presentation problems; fuck that bullshit. I am very sensitive to how things are ordered. It is part of who I am and has been for as long as I can remember. I cannot help myself from getting incredibly, irrationally annoyed at even minor stuff like this. Berating myself for getting so bent out of shape about it as I type. Not my choice. I just need to vent about this bullshit piece of objectively inferior Windows; no noticeable improvements to 7, at the cost of looking retina-degradingly ugly looks and a feature that is based around a hardly-a-feature from 7 that doesn't even do what 7 did correctly!
How are people able to sing this OS's praises?! What am I missing to get nothing positive from this alleged 'upgrade'?

(insert angrish nonsense)

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-06-2016, 05:51 PM
I had to get used to the mantle clock not being on the mantle any more. Now the cable box is packed up so I can't check the time on it. The clock in the kitchen that I could see from through the pass-through window is boxed up. What-the-fuck time is it?

Geez I hate this. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Hobo Win10 is the new Messiah Bechased

I've learned so many OS and softwares that I just roll with the punches any more. When you get old enough, you're just going to be at the point where that shit just doesn't matter. May you live long enough for that to happen.