Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-06-2016, 05:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-06-2016 05:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had to get used to the mantle clock not being on the mantle any more. Now the cable box is packed up so I can't check the time on it. The clock in the kitchen that I could see from through the pass-through window is boxed up. What-the-fuck time is it?

Geez I hate this. Dodgy

Go outside and look at the position of the sun.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-06-2016, 05:58 PM
(15-06-2016 05:54 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(15-06-2016 05:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I had to get used to the mantle clock not being on the mantle any more. Now the cable box is packed up so I can't check the time on it. The clock in the kitchen that I could see from through the pass-through window is boxed up. What-the-fuck time is it?

Geez I hate this. Dodgy

Go outside and look at the position of the sun.

[Image: raspberries_zpsg9mxntjf.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
15-06-2016, 09:02 PM

Geez I hate this. Dodgy

There is a marvelous piece of technology called a wristwatch. Smile

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-06-2016, 09:05 PM
(15-06-2016 09:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Geez I hate this. Dodgy

There is a marvelous piece of technology called a wristwatch. Smile

That would be a great solution if I knew where mine is right now. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-06-2016, 08:36 AM
So a while ago I was complaining about writers block. Well now I'm complaining that I spend too much time writing.
I spent like 3 fucking hours last night writing by the time I checked the time it was after 5am. ><

What Im working on now I've put so much planning into it, by far my most planned book ever, and it's making the writing so much easier.
I've got a rough timeline of the first half-ish of the book. I've got all the major characters, their backstory, how they relate to each other. I've got a world map to visualize where everything takes place. I've written a history of before when the book takes place. Including parents and grandparents of the main characters. I've got a rather branching family tree going actually. Not including non-family characters. I've got all the loactions, a history on all the locations. Hell, I've even dated all this shit including birthdays for everyone including characters in the history of before when it all takes place who aren't even in the book. I've got pictures of what the characters roughly look like. I've even got pictures of what locations roughly look like. This shit is motherfucking planned to a motherfucking tee. I've got fucking twists, sabotage, characters being killed off, when characters are introduced. It's all fucking there. And so I recently started writing the actual story and so yea, it's flowing smoother than octomom's eighth kid. Fuck me I wrote so much last night this shit is retarded and is gonna be a bitch to rewrite and edit. I'm gonna need way more exercise books, this one has taken over, all others are well and truly on the back burner.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-06-2016, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 16-06-2016 04:12 PM by Shai Hulud.)
So my employer only pays our contracts over 9 months; they refuse to spread the paychecks over 12 months. That means you have to carefully budget until we get paid again on October 1st (requires a month of teaching before being paid). So I have 109 days until I'm paid again...I was going to have about 3k more to help out, until the university canceled my class. I've got enough in the bank to pay all the bills that I'm scheduled to have until October 1st and then about $300-$400 per month to eat, put gas in the car, cover doctor co-pays, etc. So I come home today, open up the mailbox, and there's something from the hospital...oh great what do I owe them now? Why a month's worth of my food budget because my insurance isn't fully covering the sleep study I need to get a new CPAP machine so I can stop breathing (literally) hundreds of times a night.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-06-2016, 08:24 PM
[Image: 2d538ae8e09b4ee8374926d617044885.jpg]

It's hot, too! Hobo

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
16-06-2016, 08:30 PM
(16-06-2016 08:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So a while ago I was complaining about writers block. Well now I'm complaining that I spend too much time writing.
I spent like 3 fucking hours last night writing by the time I checked the time it was after 5am. ><

What Im working on now I've put so much planning into it, by far my most planned book ever, and it's making the writing so much easier.
I've got a rough timeline of the first half-ish of the book. I've got all the major characters, their backstory, how they relate to each other. I've got a world map to visualize where everything takes place. I've written a history of before when the book takes place. Including parents and grandparents of the main characters. I've got a rather branching family tree going actually. Not including non-family characters. I've got all the loactions, a history on all the locations. Hell, I've even dated all this shit including birthdays for everyone including characters in the history of before when it all takes place who aren't even in the book. I've got pictures of what the characters roughly look like. I've even got pictures of what locations roughly look like. This shit is motherfucking planned to a motherfucking tee. I've got fucking twists, sabotage, characters being killed off, when characters are introduced. It's all fucking there. And so I recently started writing the actual story and so yea, it's flowing smoother than octomom's eighth kid. Fuck me I wrote so much last night this shit is retarded and is gonna be a bitch to rewrite and edit. I'm gonna need way more exercise books, this one has taken over, all others are well and truly on the back burner.

When do we get to read some of it?
16-06-2016, 09:24 PM
(16-06-2016 08:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 08:36 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So a while ago I was complaining about writers block. Well now I'm complaining that I spend too much time writing.

When do we get to read some of it?

Never. Nobody gets to reads my writing.

[Image: oscar.png]
16-06-2016, 09:32 PM
(16-06-2016 09:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(16-06-2016 08:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  When do we get to read some of it?

Never. Nobody gets to reads my writing.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post