17-06-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Hug you need one of these
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-06-2016, 06:58 AM
I need to get a new laptop. That used to be a simple process. Who the fuck decided that all 15" laptops need a keyboard with a numeric pad? I don't want a fucking numeric pad; it just gets in the way and makes using the thing annoying as hell. Why the fuck are they all touch screens? I don't want a fucking touch screen. It's not a tablet, it's a fucking PC. I want 3 USB ports. Is that such a major demand? Why the fuck have they taken out the DVD and also reduced the number of external ports so you can't hook up external drives? I know everything is going wireless but I don't fucking want my fucking data being sent over wifi all the fucking time. Fuck the fucking laptop designers.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
18-06-2016, 07:01 AM
So on another forum I go to, actually a Catholic one I mod on, there's an entire thread about which would we be worse, if your child came of the closet as an atheist or gay. Atheist is winning, because, to paraphrase, "at least if they're gay, there's still a chance they won't go to Hell if they stay celibate."

(18-06-2016 06:58 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I need to get a new laptop. That used to be a simple process. Who the fuck decided that all 15" laptops need a keyboard with a numeric pad? I don't want a fucking numeric pad; it just gets in the way and makes using the thing annoying as hell. Why the fuck are they all touch screens? I don't want a fucking touch screen. It's not a tablet, it's a fucking PC. I want 3 USB ports. Is that such a major demand? Why the fuck have they taken out the DVD and also reduced the number of external ports so you can't hook up external drives? I know everything is going wireless but I don't fucking want my fucking data being sent over wifi all the fucking time. Fuck the fucking laptop designers.

As someone who will need a new laptop soon (mine will be 8 years old in December), I feel your pain. Having to buy a USB hub to turn one port into four, while inexpensive, is annoying.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2016, 08:10 AM
(18-06-2016 06:58 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I need to get a new laptop. That used to be a simple process. Who the fuck decided that all 15" laptops need a keyboard with a numeric pad? I don't want a fucking numeric pad; it just gets in the way and makes using the thing annoying as hell. Why the fuck are they all touch screens? I don't want a fucking touch screen. It's not a tablet, it's a fucking PC. I want 3 USB ports. Is that such a major demand? Why the fuck have they taken out the DVD and also reduced the number of external ports so you can't hook up external drives? I know everything is going wireless but I don't fucking want my fucking data being sent over wifi all the fucking time. Fuck the fucking laptop designers.

Your exact complaints are why they are doing it. If you have to rely on storage on a cloud, the government can look at most of or all of your files whenever they feel like without a warrant. If you can just plug in a device to store anything you don't want others to see and then hide the device, they may not find it even if they have a warrant. They want everything the public does to be completely transparent to them. I am sure they don't just stop at illegal shit either. If I were making the decisions, I would also be watching for good ideas that I could set my friends up with plans for. Likewise I would also be looking for any inventions that would make you rich and possibly collapse the economy. Such things as alternative fuel cars or power sources that would bankrupt the power companies. Those that would be of benefit would go to those that I owed favors to. They would have the ability to make it their own before you ever went for a patent. I am clinging to my computers that still have the dvd drives and the ability to use external storage without sending my stuff to a cloud. I am writing a book right now and I don't want it to be swiped by someone that already has a lot of money.
18-06-2016, 08:17 AM
(18-06-2016 07:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So on another forum I go to, actually a Catholic one I mod on, there's an entire thread about which would we be worse, if your child came of the closet as an atheist or gay. Atheist is winning, because, to paraphrase, "at least if they're gay, there's still a chance they won't go to Hell if they stay celibate."

As someone who will need a new laptop soon (mine will be 8 years old in December), I feel your pain. Having to buy a USB hub to turn one port into four, while inexpensive, is annoying.

I'm a gay atheist where do I fall on this thread?
If I was to go over there would they literally hold up crosses at me and start trying to pray me away?

It would please me deeply if they did. That's real power right there.
Gooood, your fear powers me.

[Image: tumblr_inline_o4gsl1FBor1qjtxsg_1280.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
18-06-2016, 10:33 AM
(18-06-2016 08:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 07:01 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So on another forum I go to, actually a Catholic one I mod on, there's an entire thread about which would we be worse, if your child came of the closet as an atheist or gay. Atheist is winning, because, to paraphrase, "at least if they're gay, there's still a chance they won't go to Hell if they stay celibate."

I'm a gay atheist where do I fall on this thread?
If I was to go over there would they literally hold up crosses at me and start trying to pray me away?

It would please me deeply if they did. That's real power right there.
Gooood, your fear powers me.

[Image: tumblr_inline_o4gsl1FBor1qjtxsg_1280.jpg]

Probably somewhere on bonus heathen points? Wink To give an idea on how not far off your snark probably is, another big topic trending there is one of the more legalistic members arguing about why he's not going to attend a wedding (it's a civil ceremony between a divorced non-Catholic and a divorced Catholic with no Annulment and he feels it's triple-invalid). He's debating what super Catholic gift he can give them passive aggressively.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Oh for fuck sake, what a crock that is. Just give it up, really.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-06-2016, 10:39 AM
(18-06-2016 10:35 AM)skyking Wrote:  Oh for fuck sake, what a crock that is. Just give it up, really.

What? You don't think people in high places are or could be thieves? The Kennedy's only had money because one was a rum runner. If not for breaking the law, they would still have no money.
18-06-2016, 10:41 AM
(18-06-2016 10:39 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 10:35 AM)skyking Wrote:  Oh for fuck sake, what a crock that is. Just give it up, really.

What? You don't think people in high places are or could be thieves? The Kennedy's only had money because one was a rum runner. If not for breaking the law, they would still have no money.

sorry I was referring to the person mentioned in the post right above me. Trying to find the most passive aggressive catholic gift to give. How did my post become about you?
18-06-2016, 10:43 AM
(18-06-2016 10:41 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 10:39 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  What? You don't think people in high places are or could be thieves? The Kennedy's only had money because one was a rum runner. If not for breaking the law, they would still have no money.

sorry I was referring to the person mentioned in the post right above me. Trying to find the most passive aggressive catholic gift to give. How did my post become about you?

You didn't use reply, so I wasn't sure whom it was aimed at.