Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-06-2016, 10:47 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-06-2016 10:35 AM)skyking Wrote:  Oh for fuck sake, what a crock that is. Just give it up, really.

If it was about the followers, I would. Considering I attend a Novus Ordo Mass, that guy probably already thinks I'm going to Hell for that alone; he only attends an FSSP parish. Those are the Traditionalists that are still in line with the Vatican and celebrate the old Extraordinary Form Mass/Traditional Latin Mass...and usually the most headache inducing folks ever. You know Peter's dad on Family Guy and how when the Pope praised Peter as a good dad, the guy went, "YOU'VE GONE SOFT ON ME HOLY FATHER" and started screaming at the Pope? Think 20-some year old version of that for Mr. Passive-Aggressive Gifter. Among his posted possibilities were two encyclicals about the sanctity of marriage.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2016, 11:11 AM
(18-06-2016 10:47 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 10:35 AM)skyking Wrote:  Oh for fuck sake, what a crock that is. Just give it up, really.

If it was about the followers, I would. Considering I attend a Novus Ordo Mass, that guy probably already thinks I'm going to Hell for that alone; he only attends an FSSP parish. Those are the Traditionalists that are still in line with the Vatican and celebrate the old Extraordinary Form Mass/Traditional Latin Mass...and usually the most headache inducing folks ever. You know Peter's dad on Family Guy and how when the Pope praised Peter as a good dad, the guy went, "YOU'VE GONE SOFT ON ME HOLY FATHER" and started screaming at the Pope? Think 20-some year old version of that for Mr. Passive-Aggressive Gifter. Among his posted possibilities were two encyclicals about the sanctity of marriage.
LOL, I was talking about the guy YOU were talking about. I must need more coffee Big Grin
I mean seriously, buying the most hyper cathoilic passive aggressive your marriage is null gift.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
18-06-2016, 11:51 AM
(18-06-2016 11:11 AM)skyking Wrote:  LOL, I was talking about the guy YOU were talking about. I must need more coffee Big Grin
I mean seriously, buying the most hyper cathoilic passive aggressive your marriage is null gift.

Doh! Gotcha, sorry to have made the mistake there. And pretty much agreed; if it were my hypothetical marriage, I'd be pretty ticked. Because anyone who knows that guy, especially his relatives, will know it comes only from a place of being passive-aggressive, whereas if something like he suggests were given as an actual thoughtful gift, it could sorta be shrugged off as "It's the thought that counts."

18-06-2016, 11:57 AM
(18-06-2016 11:51 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 11:11 AM)skyking Wrote:  LOL, I was talking about the guy YOU were talking about. I must need more coffee Big Grin

Doh! Gotcha, sorry to have made the mistake there. And pretty much agreed; if it were my hypothetical marriage, I'd be pretty ticked. Because anyone who knows that guy, especially his relatives, will know it comes only from a place of being passive-aggressive, whereas if something like he suggests were given as an actual thoughtful gift, it could sorta be shrugged off as "It's the thought that counts."
effective communication, doing was not it was I did, not
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
18-06-2016, 11:59 AM
(18-06-2016 10:33 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 08:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I'm a gay atheist where do I fall on this thread?
If I was to go over there would they literally hold up crosses at me and start trying to pray me away?

It would please me deeply if they did. That's real power right there.
Gooood, your fear powers me.

[Image: tumblr_inline_o4gsl1FBor1qjtxsg_1280.jpg]

Probably somewhere on bonus heathen points? Wink To give an idea on how not far off your snark probably is, another big topic trending there is one of the more legalistic members arguing about why he's not going to attend a wedding (it's a civil ceremony between a divorced non-Catholic and a divorced Catholic with no Annulment and he feels it's triple-invalid). He's debating what super Catholic gift he can give them passive aggressively.

So, he's an asshole. Got it. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
18-06-2016, 12:09 PM
(18-06-2016 11:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-06-2016 10:33 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Probably somewhere on bonus heathen points? Wink To give an idea on how not far off your snark probably is, another big topic trending there is one of the more legalistic members arguing about why he's not going to attend a wedding (it's a civil ceremony between a divorced non-Catholic and a divorced Catholic with no Annulment and he feels it's triple-invalid). He's debating what super Catholic gift he can give them passive aggressively.

So, he's an asshole. Got it. Drinking Beverage

Not just an asshole the kind of asshole that tries to make even someone else's wedding all about them.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-06-2016, 12:37 PM
You guys have it. Drinking Beverage

18-06-2016, 04:13 PM
You're a mod right? Just ban em' all and make it an atheist forum. Problem solved.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-06-2016, 04:40 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!!

No, I didn't just get my first boner.
I finally got my first crazy religious bullshit post on my facebook wall. None of my friends or family are religious so I've never had any of those crazy religious posts you lot complain about all the time. That is until about 5minutes ago when this came up on my wall from my cousin!

"I have a lot on my mind and heart.....so much that I have been praying about for quite a while, and even more currently so, I figure getting an online prayer circle going wouldn't hurt. Much love to everyone who reads this. I believe that when someone asks you to pray for them, you pray because prayers are free and should be given wholeheartedly! I decided to do this today because I'm standing in the need of prayer and so many others are as well. Let's pray for each other today, regardless of who or what your spiritual foundation! All prayers needed right now. I ask my family and friends wherever you might be, to kindly copy and paste this status for one hour to whisper a prayer for all of those who have family problems, health struggles, job issues, or worries of any kind and just need to know that someone cares. Do it for all of us, for nobody is immune. I hope to see this on the walls of all my family and friends just for moral support. I did it for a friend and you can too. You have to copy and paste this one, NO SHARING. Praying for several families and people in need! Amen! Praying right now."

It's like a dream come true, a right of passage finally passed. #atheistforlife

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-06-2016, 04:43 PM
chain letter prayer spam postage. Are you going to print and frame it?