Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-06-2016, 08:25 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Damn my mind being faster than my eyes. I looked at the Board Statistics, but instead read it as Bored Skeptics. Before I noticed my mistake I angirly thought "You don't have to be that damn literal about it". Kong damned cateracts.

I are teh Kong erve te Mewountarns arve Abesirdieity. Al erve dem degeahns sher bert B-4 may. Ivre yarp yurndarctood zert, garve yarpelf r cerrcay. Translation: I am the Kong of the Mountains of Absurdity. All of the dragons shall bow before me. If you understood this(that^, not this) then give a Sear Key.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Well took my kid to the "talking Doctor" and found out the fucker is quitting in July.

Here we go again....

FML

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-06-2016, 01:32 PM
(20-06-2016 01:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well took my kid to the "talking Doctor" and found out the fucker is quitting in July.

Here we go again....

FML

And they waited until the 20th of June to let you know? Thanks doc. Dodgy
20-06-2016, 01:47 PM
Today marks day six of no air conditioning at work. Fans only blow the hot air around. When I come in and the work surface of my desk feels hot I know it's going to be a long day. Around noon the network went down so I couldn't scan checks into the bank, process credit cards, or scan documents to the corporate office in Colorado.

It's been in the 90s here for days with heat indexes well over a hundred. Even when/if they get the damn AC fixed it's going to take a while to cool that building off.

At one I was queasy and sweaty...again...and just came home.

My hope that I can get in and get some work done tomorrow without passing out or throwing up is slim.

To make it even better the elevator has been broken for nearly two months.

I live in unfinished hell at work and at home. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-06-2016, 02:22 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2016 02:25 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(20-06-2016 01:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 01:28 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well took my kid to the "talking Doctor" and found out the fucker is quitting in July.

Here we go again....

FML

And they waited until the 20th of June to let you know? Thanks doc. Dodgy

Yes, they waited until his appointment. He only goes for med checks. They would prefer he goes monthly (moar money) but twice a year is often enough. Once usually during winter break and again when school lets out for summer. But yeah if I hadn't been on the ball, we might have been screwed and I'd have to jump through hoops to get his medication.

Had we been between appointments, I'm sure we might have gotten a letter about it.

Whatever he added some refills for his Meds...so we're good for nearly a year.

It's just last time it took them almost a year to find a child psych. I refuse to drive all over the place and I won't have his prescription transferred to a "regular" doctor because they're all asshats and have different even more retarded rules. Plus if he did have an issue and needed different Meds they'd just bounce him back to mental health and we would have to wait 8 weeks for an appointment. Waiting that amount of time is hell when you're in crisis.

20-06-2016, 02:23 PM
(20-06-2016 02:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 01:32 PM)pablo Wrote:  And they waited until the 20th of June to let you know? Thanks doc. Dodgy

Yes, they waited until his appointment. He only goes for med checks. They would prefer he goes monthly (moar money) but twice a year is often enough. Once usually during winter break and again when school lets out for summer.

Had we been between appointments, I'm sure we might have gotten a letter about it.

It's just last time it took them almost a year to find a child psych. I refuse to drive all over the place and I won't have his prescription transferred to a "regular" doctor because they're all asshats and have different even more retarded rules. Plus if he did have an issue and needed different Meds they'd just bounce him back to mental health and we would have to wait 8 weeks for an appointment. Waiting that amount of time is hell when you're in crisis.

Did the doc offer a referral to a colleague? Seems that would be the thing for them to do so there is no lapse in care.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

20-06-2016, 02:32 PM
(20-06-2016 01:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Today marks day six of no air conditioning at work. Fans only blow the hot air around. When I come in and the work surface of my desk feels hot I know it's going to be a long day. Around noon the network went down so I couldn't scan checks into the bank, process credit cards, or scan documents to the corporate office in Colorado.

It's been in the 90s here for days with heat indexes well over a hundred. Even when/if they get the damn AC fixed it's going to take a while to cool that building off.

My hope that I can get in and get some work done tomorrow without passing out or throwing up is slim.

If it is a bank why don't they rent a temporary air cond unit that blows out a window or similar. Or buy a couple of dozen window units and install them temporarily? Sell them as barely used when the emergency passes?
20-06-2016, 02:34 PM
(20-06-2016 02:32 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 01:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Today marks day six of no air conditioning at work. Fans only blow the hot air around. When I come in and the work surface of my desk feels hot I know it's going to be a long day. Around noon the network went down so I couldn't scan checks into the bank, process credit cards, or scan documents to the corporate office in Colorado.

If it is a bank why don't they rent a temporary air cond unit that blows out a window or similar. Or buy a couple of dozen window units and install them temporarily? Sell them as barely used when the emergency passes?

It's not a bank...and the windows don't open.

The worst part is that not only is the AC not cooling but the fan isn't working either so the hot air is just becoming more stagnant and oppressive.

They have a couple stand alone ACs sitting around but they are vented into the ceiling so that's more hot air. And there are none in the area where my office is.

20-06-2016, 02:39 PM
(20-06-2016 02:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 02:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes, they waited until his appointment. He only goes for med checks. They would prefer he goes monthly (moar money) but twice a year is often enough. Once usually during winter break and again when school lets out for summer.

Did the doc offer a referral to a colleague? Seems that would be the thing for them to do so there is no lapse in care.

No he's the only child psych at this location. There is another location some distance away that we could go to, until they find a replacement here -- but yeah it would be nice if it did work out that way.

20-06-2016, 02:48 PM
(20-06-2016 02:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 02:32 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  If it is a bank why don't they rent a temporary air cond unit that blows out a window or similar. Or buy a couple of dozen window units and install them temporarily? Sell them as barely used when the emergency passes?

It's not a bank...and the windows don't open.

The worst part is that not only is the AC not cooling but the fan isn't working either so the hot air is just becoming more stagnant and oppressive.

They have a couple stand alone ACs sitting around but they are vented into the ceiling so that's more hot air. And there are none in the area where my office is.

That's just fucked up.