Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-06-2016, 02:52 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-06-2016 02:34 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-06-2016 02:32 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  If it is a bank why don't they rent a temporary air cond unit that blows out a window or similar. Or buy a couple of dozen window units and install them temporarily? Sell them as barely used when the emergency passes?

It's not a bank...and the windows don't open.

The worst part is that not only is the AC not cooling but the fan isn't working either so the hot air is just becoming more stagnant and oppressive.

They have a couple stand alone ACs sitting around but they are vented into the ceiling so that's more hot air. And there are none in the area where my office is.

Drop a dime - call OSHA.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-06-2016, 04:02 PM
(20-06-2016 02:32 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  If it is a bank why don't they rent a temporary air cond unit that blows out a window or similar. Or buy a couple of dozen window units and install them temporarily? Sell them as barely used when the emergency passes?

The worst part is that not only is the AC not cooling but the fan isn't working either so the hot air is just becoming more stagnant and oppressive.

They have a couple stand alone ACs sitting around but they are vented into the ceiling so that's more hot air. And there are none in the area where my office is.

Oh, I didn't know you work at my old high school, Anje! I would have said hi.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Our AC crapped out here at work yesterday. This morning, we have a much larger AC unit. Starting to feel like I am sitting in a refrigerator. Only 65 degrees in here now.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
21-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Still no AC. Angry Fucking just kill me an get it over with.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-06-2016, 12:25 PM
(21-06-2016 12:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Still no AC. Angry Fucking just kill me an get it over with.

We work in the same place? Ours has been down too; thermometer said my office was near triple digits yesterday.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
21-06-2016, 01:19 PM
(21-06-2016 12:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Still no AC. Angry Fucking just kill me an get it over with.

OSHA

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
21-06-2016, 01:32 PM
(21-06-2016 01:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  

OSHA

Where I work, the installation would be shut down until the problem was rectified. A couple of times it actually did.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-06-2016, 01:51 PM
Y'all are ruining me. Someone worried about me due to a bad dream and my reaction mentally was "Oh that's sweet, but just Woo"."

Need to think of a witty signature.
21-06-2016, 02:06 PM
(21-06-2016 01:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Y'all are ruining me. Someone worried about me due to a bad dream and my reaction mentally was "Oh that's sweet, but just Woo"."

fuckin' sandworms.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-06-2016, 03:14 PM

They'll get around to it whenever someone suffers heat stroke, I'm sure. Dodgy

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.