Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-06-2016, 09:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-06-2016 09:42 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:35 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Had a tiny piece of glass go straight into my foot.

Well, that's not good at all. Hopefully it was from a bottle of booze so that it cleans the wound! And hopefully the glass all comes out in one piece.

Doubt it and it did, was just a tiny shard.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-06-2016, 02:47 PM
I just had an someone come in and before we started, he was looking around my office as I pulled the paperwork up. Finally his gaze settled on my "Look Impressive" reading on a shelf with some knick knacks. I've read everything on there, because it seems dishonest not to. So here's the list...take a guess which caused the person to flip out?
1. Shake Hands With the Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda by Lt. General/Senator Romeo Dallaire
2. Night by Elie Wiesel
3. Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi
4. Utilitarianism by John Stuart Mill
5. Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
6. The Prince and Other Writings by Niccolo Machiavelli
7. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
8. On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
9. A Question of Freedom by Reginald Dwayne Betts
10.From Dawn to Decadence: 1500 to the Present — 500 Years of Western Cultural Life by Jacques Barzun

Yep it would be Darwin, because of evolution. "You don't believe that stuff, do you?" Facepalm

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Shai Hulud's post
23-06-2016, 03:51 PM
(23-06-2016 02:47 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just had an someone come in and before we started, he was looking around my office as I pulled the paperwork up. Finally his gaze settled on my "Look Impressive" reading on a shelf with some knick knacks. I've read everything on there, because it seems dishonest not to. So here's the list...take a guess which caused the person to flip out?
1. Shake Hands With the Devil: The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda by Lt. General/Senator Romeo Dallaire
2. Night by Elie Wiesel
3. Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi
4. Utilitarianism by John Stuart Mill
5. Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
6. The Prince and Other Writings by Niccolo Machiavelli
7. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
8. On the Origin of Species by Charles Darwin
9. A Question of Freedom by Reginald Dwayne Betts
10.From Dawn to Decadence: 1500 to the Present — 500 Years of Western Cultural Life by Jacques Barzun

Yep it would be Darwin, because of evolution. "You don't believe that stuff, do you?" Facepalm

I didn't see the tag at the bottom until I hit reply, but I was already going to guess #8.
23-06-2016, 04:20 PM
(23-06-2016 03:51 PM)julep Wrote:  I didn't see the tag at the bottom until I hit reply, but I was already going to guess #8.

It ended up being the right guess though!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2016, 04:24 PM
(22-06-2016 09:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:42 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Well, that's not good at all. Hopefully it was from a bottle of booze so that it cleans the wound! And hopefully the glass all comes out in one piece.

Doubt it and it did, was just a tiny shard.

If there is a microscopic piece of glass anywhere my bare foot will find it.

It's just like ice, I'm a magnet for that. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-06-2016, 04:34 PM
(23-06-2016 04:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Doubt it and it did, was just a tiny shard.

It's a pain in the glass.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
23-06-2016, 05:33 PM
(23-06-2016 04:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 09:46 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Doubt it and it did, was just a tiny shard.

The master bathroom light globe decided to shatter one day, all of its own accord. I swept, and then vacuumed. This for the bathroom and the entire bedroom, just in case. A few days later, my wife put on some sandals that were under a dresser in the bedroom, and got a shard in her foot. This required that shard to ricochet off the jamb of the doorway to the bathroom to get there, for a total traveled distance of about 25 feet. Crazy.
23-06-2016, 05:50 PM
Today, I realised that I'm a dumbass.
Today, I realised that I put myself down too much.
Blink

☆☆☆
[+] 3 users Like CosmicRaven's post
23-06-2016, 05:53 PM
(23-06-2016 05:50 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  Today, I realised that I'm a dumbass.
Today, I realised that I put myself down too much.
Blink

Don't put yourself down, some people go their entire lives without making that realization. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
23-06-2016, 06:18 PM
(23-06-2016 05:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 04:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  If there is a microscopic piece of glass anywhere my bare foot will find it.

The master bathroom light globe decided to shatter one day, all of its own accord. I swept, and then vacuumed. This for the bathroom and the entire bedroom, just in case. A few days later, my wife put on some sandals that were under a dresser in the bedroom, and got a shard in her foot. This required that shard to ricochet off the jamb of the doorway to the bathroom to get there, for a total traveled distance of about 25 feet. Crazy.

We are still finding glass around the house from the hailstorm. It shows up in the weirdest places.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF