Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-06-2016, 06:02 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-06-2016 04:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 03:51 PM)julep Wrote:  I didn't see the tag at the bottom until I hit reply, but I was already going to guess #8.

It ended up being the right guess though!

What do you do for a living? I still for the life of me can't figure out how the stupidly religious have so much money.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2016, 11:11 AM
I wish passport money would just fall in my lap, I need to leave my house now.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
24-06-2016, 12:56 PM
(24-06-2016 06:02 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 04:20 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  It ended up being the right guess though!

What do you do for a living? I still for the life of me can't figure out how the stupidly religious have so much money.

Assistant Professor at a state run university. Our local Christian student group brought in a Creationist speaker last semester to discuss the "problems of evolution".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 01:06 PM
(24-06-2016 12:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 06:02 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  What do you do for a living? I still for the life of me can't figure out how the stupidly religious have so much money.

Assistant Professor at a state run university. Our local Christian student group brought in a Creationist speaker last semester to discuss the "problems of evolution".

That's rough. I don't know how you dealt with that. I don't think I am capable of being nice about it.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
24-06-2016, 01:38 PM
(24-06-2016 01:06 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 12:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Assistant Professor at a state run university. Our local Christian student group brought in a Creationist speaker last semester to discuss the "problems of evolution".

That's rough. I don't know how you dealt with that. I don't think I am capable of being nice about it.

Being paid to helps. Smile Also didn't have to go to said speaker, had more important things to do. Didn't get to go to the Freedom From Religion Foundation attorney's speech either though, which made me a bit more sad.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2016, 03:15 PM
Woke up convinced it was Saturday.

Busy day, paid bills, went to the bank, got nails done -- picked up dog's script.

Undecided

Next stop going to get dog food and I'm planning on breakfast for dinner tonight.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-06-2016, 04:09 PM
(24-06-2016 03:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Next stop going to get dog food and I'm planning on breakfast for dinner tonight.

[Image: b0fa065ad74684610581b1c576e06018.jpg]

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
24-06-2016, 04:53 PM
(23-06-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 05:33 PM)Fireball Wrote:  The master bathroom light globe decided to shatter one day, all of its own accord. I swept, and then vacuumed. This for the bathroom and the entire bedroom, just in case. A few days later, my wife put on some sandals that were under a dresser in the bedroom, and got a shard in her foot. This required that shard to ricochet off the jamb of the doorway to the bathroom to get there, for a total traveled distance of about 25 feet. Crazy.

We are still finding glass around the house from the hailstorm. It shows up in the weirdest places.

Remind me if I ever visit to wear shoes regardless of how many years pass.

Or, just send me walking through the house I'll attract every bit of glass you never knew was there.

My man says it's my superpower.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
24-06-2016, 05:25 PM
(24-06-2016 04:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We are still finding glass around the house from the hailstorm. It shows up in the weirdest places.

Or, just send me walking through the house I'll attract every bit of glass you never knew was there.

Hopefully when the floors are replaced that will get rid of the mystery shards.

Ten years of me griping about the carpet on the stairs and upstairs and I couldn't get husband to agree to get rid of it and not replace with more carpet.

Ten years and an epic hailstorm and I am finally getting my wish...this news came yesterday. No more carpet! After tearing up more carpet and seeing how much dirt was trapped in it and the pad finally got him to see my point of view. Smile

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
24-06-2016, 05:55 PM
(24-06-2016 04:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-06-2016 06:18 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We are still finding glass around the house from the hailstorm. It shows up in the weirdest places.

Back when I watched more TV, there was this tire commercial that shows a screw bouncing all over the building as it falls many stories, rolls into the street and stands up just in time for some poor sap to run over it and puncture a tire. Kind of like that? We have all wood floors, after having removed all the carpet that was saturated with cat dander (I'm seriously allergic) and urine. So it is easy to clean all the glass off. But I bet there is still some piece or other lying in wait, just for you, were a visit to happen. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post