Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-06-2016, 05:59 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I think what really clinched it was that I told him if he had carpet put back in I was changing the paint color for the kitchen to blue. Evil_monster

Our old house was almost all done in blues and grays. He wants green back in the kitchen. I get hard floors, he can have a green kitchen. Wink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2016, 06:00 PM
(24-06-2016 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 04:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Remind me if I ever visit to wear shoes regardless of how many years pass.

Or, just send me walking through the house I'll attract every bit of glass you never knew was there.

My man says it's my superpower.

Hopefully when the floors are replaced that will get rid of the mystery shards.

Ten years of me griping about the carpet on the stairs and upstairs and I couldn't get husband to agree to get rid of it and not replace with more carpet.

Ten years and an epic hailstorm and I am finally getting my wish...this news came yesterday. No more carpet! After tearing up more carpet and seeing how much dirt was trapped in it and the pad finally got him to see my point of view. Smile

Yeah, the previous owner had a cat and a big dog. When the flooring guys came out, there were urine stains a good 3 feet across in the carpet padding. We cleaned that carpet ourselves a few times and had it professionally done twice. I was still sick as a dog, more so in the winter. At one point I was using two different inhalers (one steroidal, one albuterol) 2 puffs 5 times a day. When the new floors went in, within a few weeks I was down to no steroidal inhaler and using the albuterol maybe 2 puffs a year. No carpet for me, ever again.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-06-2016, 06:01 PM
(24-06-2016 06:00 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 05:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Hopefully when the floors are replaced that will get rid of the mystery shards.

Ten years of me griping about the carpet on the stairs and upstairs and I couldn't get husband to agree to get rid of it and not replace with more carpet.

Ten years and an epic hailstorm and I am finally getting my wish...this news came yesterday. No more carpet! After tearing up more carpet and seeing how much dirt was trapped in it and the pad finally got him to see my point of view. Smile

Yeah, the previous owner had a cat and a big dog. When the flooring guys came out, there were urine stains a good 3 feet across in the carpet padding. We cleaned that carpet ourselves a few times and had it professionally done twice. I was still sick as a dog, more so in the winter. At one point I was using two different inhalers (one steroidal, one albuterol) 2 puffs 5 times a day. When the new floors went in, within a few weeks I was down to no steroidal inhaler and using the albuterol maybe 2 puffs a year. No carpet for me, ever again.

We have dogs and a cat and the previous owner had dogs...so, yeah, the carpet has to go. Like five years ago. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Ugh. People who say they are going to be ready to go out at 630p and are over an hour late. Angry

I'm hungry Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
24-06-2016, 08:56 PM
(24-06-2016 08:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Ugh. People who say they are going to be ready to go out at 630p and are over an hour late. Angry

I'm hungry Tongue

Hide the houseplants!

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
24-06-2016, 08:57 PM
(24-06-2016 08:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 08:44 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Ugh. People who say they are going to be ready to go out at 630p and are over an hour late. Angry

I'm hungry Tongue

Hide the houseplants!

Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-06-2016, 09:16 PM
For some reason one of my friends thinks I'm the person to ask, "Do you know how to hide a box full of sex toys while moving? I'd not be self conscious, but I've got my family helping me." First TMI. Second, I don't know, I'm your most vanilla friend ever.

I'm hungry Tongue

I see we share some Catholic friends... Tongue (Sorry, couldn't resist. Had to wait outside a bar for an hour once because carpooling friends were waiting on one person to finish some makeup.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-06-2016, 09:35 PM

I'm hungry Tongue

Hah! My youngest sister is habitually late. One Thanksgiving or Christmas at my parent's house, she called at about 10 AM saying she was on her way. At 4 PM, we started eating, and nobody was concerned that she wasn't there yet.
24-06-2016, 09:38 PM
(24-06-2016 08:57 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(24-06-2016 08:56 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Hide the houseplants!

Laugh out load

Gasp Don't eat the dieffenbachia!
24-06-2016, 10:55 PM
Didn't end up going out to eat since my bf got home wayyyy late from work and the thai place i like closes at 9, but at least got take out from my fave Thai restaurant. Now I don't have to resort to eating house plants Wink
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post