Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-06-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So, I can't make brown rice.

I can cook just about anything. Except that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-06-2016, 09:50 PM
(28-06-2016 09:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, I can't make brown rice.

That's riceist lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
28-06-2016, 10:13 PM

Cook it like pasta. Full pot of boiling water add the rice and stir keep testing til it is done then drain.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
28-06-2016, 10:36 PM
(28-06-2016 10:13 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  

Cook it like pasta. Full pot of boiling water add the rice and stir keep testing til it is done then drain.

I'll try that next time.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-06-2016, 11:14 PM
I rant, but it never does any good.
29-06-2016, 03:57 AM
So last night I rewrote the origin story of my book 4 times over, changing it every time. I mean it still ends up the same, the characters are all the same and the actual book is all the same, but I changed the origin story 4 fucking times because it just wasn't right. I think I finally landed on the best story. Only took me like 12 times all up. The guts of the book I got first pop but the origin story Jesus Christ what a roller coaster. All part of writing I suppose. Might finally be able to finish the introduction now.

Also, I wanna start a new book. Something completely different. Like some sort of 1984 style cyberpunk thing. Because that's not been done to death or anything..
Something that's like the overarching theme is Americans being taken over and mounting a resistance movement because of the take over which is an overarching metaphor for US occupation and how terrorists in todays world form and how would Americans react if they were on the other end of it. That sort of thing. Like a 1984/Killzone/Homefront/Red Dawn mash-up type thing.
I dunno, I might give it a shot and see where it goes. Probably just scrap it after a night or two.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-06-2016, 06:08 PM
Day 2 this week of being on the verge of tears because a control freak asshole is trying - no not trying, is - preventing me from doing the work that the new owners are paying me to do. I don't expect tomorrow to be better.

And I was off Monday and Tuesday...Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
30-06-2016, 08:30 PM
(30-06-2016 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Day 2 this week of being on the verge of tears because a control freak asshole is trying - no not trying, is - preventing me from doing the work that the new owners are paying me to do. I don't expect tomorrow to be better.

How big is your company? If a person interferes with completion of your work, there should be an avenue of approach that can remove that person as an impediment. Then again, my last employer allowed people who actually threw very expensive hardware around when they got angry, with impunity. When I complained about it in one case, there was an investigation. Subsequently I was called in and told that the investigation was closed, and that was all. This is a major player in the aerospace industry. Lots of talk and little enforcement. It's one of the reasons that I retired at 62. I was asked by my management when I was going to retire (yes, I know that is unlawful). I told them 65. Then I went and talked to my financial guy, who told me I could retire, and I did. I hope the three poor saps who are now doing what I used to do all by myself like it. I shudder when I think that if they had promoted on time, I would have been working there for a measly $25k more a year. Now, they are paying 3 people to do it. Fuck me? No, fuck you, former employer. Sad part is, it is your defense dollars.
30-06-2016, 08:46 PM
(30-06-2016 08:30 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(30-06-2016 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Day 2 this week of being on the verge of tears because a control freak asshole is trying - no not trying, is - preventing me from doing the work that the new owners are paying me to do. I don't expect tomorrow to be better.

How big is your company? If a person interferes with completion of your work, there should be an avenue of approach that can remove that person as an impediment. Then again, my last employer allowed people who actually threw very expensive hardware around when they got angry, with impunity. When I complained about it in one case, there was an investigation. Subsequently I was called in and told that the investigation was closed, and that was all. This is a major player in the aerospace industry. Lots of talk and little enforcement. It's one of the reasons that I retired at 62. I was asked by my management when I was going to retire (yes, I know that is unlawful). I told them 65. Then I went and talked to my financial guy, who told me I could retire, and I did. I hope the three poor saps who are now doing what I used to do all by myself like it. I shudder when I think that if they had promoted on time, I would have been working there for a measly $25k more a year. Now, they are paying 3 people to do it. Fuck me? No, fuck you, former employer. Sad part is, it is your defense dollars.

Solution...new procedures and he is the one I have to depend on for training...FML.

He actually changed a login so that I could not process a bank deposit...that was yesterday. He then removed the deposit I was holding until I could deposit it. It was after I left for the day. He didn't even leave a note saying he did so...leaving me in a panic.

I get off work at 4:30. He showed up today about 4:25. At 4:29 he threw the checks on my desk. I said, "I am going home for the day, anyway I don't have a login." Then I walked out.

That's a fraction of what he has done/said in the last two days. He is very abusive to me but turns on the charm for the new owners - they don't see it. They promise to help (but really don't believe it's that bad) and then they make it worse.

As soon as the house is back in order I am going to have to restart the job hunt. This new company is as bad as the old.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-06-2016, 09:00 PM
(30-06-2016 08:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  This new company is as bad as the old.

Sad Sorry Anj, What a bunch of pricks. Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post