Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-07-2016, 11:47 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-07-2016 11:28 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  "Protect your skin! Wear sunscreen whenever you go out, even just for everyday minimal exposure, you need to wear at least an 8 SPF cream. Don't want skin cancer!"

"Oh you listened to that? You limited your exposure to the sun and when you were out for long periods of time you dutifully slathered on sunblock? Well now you're Vitamin D deficient! Go out and get some sun, you sun-avoider!!"

Jesus Christ... stupid human body bullshit. I don't want to sunburn. I don't want a tan. Sure as fuck don't want skin cancer. Guess it's Vitamin D supplements for me. Facepalm Can we just hurry up and be part robot already? Dodgy

I was vitamin D deficient and didn't know it, and it likely started long before we relocated to Oregon.

Most people surprisingly are and few doctors think to test for it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-07-2016, 12:10 PM
(03-07-2016 11:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 11:28 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  "Protect your skin! Wear sunscreen whenever you go out, even just for everyday minimal exposure, you need to wear at least an 8 SPF cream. Don't want skin cancer!"

"Oh you listened to that? You limited your exposure to the sun and when you were out for long periods of time you dutifully slathered on sunblock? Well now you're Vitamin D deficient! Go out and get some sun, you sun-avoider!!"

Jesus Christ... stupid human body bullshit. I don't want to sunburn. I don't want a tan. Sure as fuck don't want skin cancer. Guess it's Vitamin D supplements for me. Facepalm Can we just hurry up and be part robot already? Dodgy

I was vitamin D deficient and didn't know it, and it likely started long before we relocated to Oregon.

Yeah I'm at like... 13? Apparently I was deficient the last time they took my blood back in February or so and they called in a prescription for Vitamin D but my pharmacy never said a word about it so I had no idea.

Went in recently to get my TSH levels checked for my thyroid (I'll get results back on Tuesday) and doc asked if I'd been taking the Vitamin D thing and I was like.. Huh so yeah. Facepalm I suppose if I come up deficient again I'll get it filled. And so it begins. Getting put on more and more medications all the time. Following in my mom's footsteps, I suppose. Dodgy

03-07-2016, 01:32 PM
(03-07-2016 12:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 11:47 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I was vitamin D deficient and didn't know it, and it likely started long before we relocated to Oregon.

Yeah I'm at like... 13? Apparently I was deficient the last time they took my blood back in February or so and they called in a prescription for Vitamin D but my pharmacy never said a word about it so I had no idea.

Went in recently to get my TSH levels checked for my thyroid (I'll get results back on Tuesday) and doc asked if I'd been taking the Vitamin D thing and I was like.. Huh so yeah. Facepalm I suppose if I come up deficient again I'll get it filled. And so it begins. Getting put on more and more medications all the time. Following in my mom's footsteps, I suppose. Dodgy

The vitamin D, depends on what the doctor ordered, but when I was deficient, the script was for a mega dose, once a week for a month followed by a supplement.
03-07-2016, 01:35 PM
(03-07-2016 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 12:10 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah I'm at like... 13? Apparently I was deficient the last time they took my blood back in February or so and they called in a prescription for Vitamin D but my pharmacy never said a word about it so I had no idea.

The vitamin D, depends on what the doctor ordered, but when I was deficient, the script was for a mega dose, once a week for a month followed by a supplement.

Yeah I think it said something like 50,000 IU. Gasp

Anyway, hopefully if I do need it there'll be little to no co-pay. I already pay $60 a month for birth control and then $10 a month for my levothyroxine (generic of the brand Synthroid and if my doc had her way, she'd have me taking the $20 a month Synthroid instead but it made my heart race and made me sweat excessively, so no thanks on that one). Can't afford this shit.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
03-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Everything takes longer than it should.

My man wants to use the gas power washer and it won't start.

He's not a happy camper right now.

03-07-2016, 02:23 PM
I need to find a soccer player who is currently enjoying the off season so that I can borrow their shin guards to wear on my calves. My left calf is now so bruised that when Lady runs into me with her cone of shame I cringe. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-07-2016, 02:30 PM
(03-07-2016 02:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I need to find a soccer player who is currently enjoying the off season so that I can borrow their shin guards to wear on my calves. My left calf is now so bruised that when Lady runs into me with her cone of shame I cringe. Sadcryface

Poor Lady and you too.

Yet I did giggle.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-07-2016, 02:33 PM
(03-07-2016 02:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 02:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I need to find a soccer player who is currently enjoying the off season so that I can borrow their shin guards to wear on my calves. My left calf is now so bruised that when Lady runs into me with her cone of shame I cringe. Sadcryface

Poor Lady and you too.

Yet I did giggle.

Dodgy

Witch

Ducking phone... Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-07-2016, 02:36 PM
Well the man has let the power washer just sit.

He's moved onto the next project.

03-07-2016, 02:49 PM
(03-07-2016 01:35 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Anyway, hopefully if I do need it there'll be little to no co-pay. I already pay $60 a month for birth control and then $10 a month for my levothyroxine (generic of the brand Synthroid and if my doc had her way, she'd have me taking the $20 a month Synthroid instead but it made my heart race and made me sweat excessively, so no thanks on that one). Can't afford this shit.

After I had my mastectomies my thyroid whacked out. Synthroid worked for me but the generic didn't. I was told that since I was on thyroid meds I would have to take them forever. About a year after my second surgery I stopped taking them to see how I felt. I was fine. Next thyroid test came back perfect and the doctor was going to write me a new prescription and I told her not to bother as I hadn't taken it in about four months. I had them check me at the lab where I work a few months ago and my levels are still fine.

I just turned 59 and take no prescription medications on a regular basis...only when sick. Now and then I get in the routine of taking vitamins and supplements but I get more and more lax about that all the time. I guess I am pretty lucky, 'cause I can't give credit to good eating and exercise habits. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post