Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-07-2016, 04:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-07-2016 02:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 01:35 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Anyway, hopefully if I do need it there'll be little to no co-pay. I already pay $60 a month for birth control and then $10 a month for my levothyroxine (generic of the brand Synthroid and if my doc had her way, she'd have me taking the $20 a month Synthroid instead but it made my heart race and made me sweat excessively, so no thanks on that one). Can't afford this shit.

After I had my mastectomies my thyroid whacked out. Synthroid worked for me but the generic didn't. I was told that since I was on thyroid meds I would have to take them forever. About a year after my second surgery I stopped taking them to see how I felt. I was fine. Next thyroid test came back perfect and the doctor was going to write me a new prescription and I told her not to bother as I hadn't taken it in about four months. I had them check me at the lab where I work a few months ago and my levels are still fine.

I just turned 59 and take no prescription medications on a regular basis...only when sick. Now and then I get in the routine of taking vitamins and supplements but I get more and more lax about that all the time. I guess I am pretty lucky, 'cause I can't give credit to good eating and exercise habits. Undecided

I dunno if the Synthroid just worked a little "too well" for me or what but it's almost like it shifted me to hyperthyroid since I became overly sensitive to heat and my heart rate went crazy when I tried it.

Anyway, before they diagnosed me as hypothyroid, I had noticed I was tired more than usual and couldn't stay up as late as I normally could (I'm a night person), noticed my skin seemed to be dry a lot, etc. but I chalked it up to getting older. Awhile after I started having those issues, the doc decided to do some blood work on me and lo and behold I was hypothyroid so it made sense. And I do believe that I need to be on it because I felt a difference afterward.

My exercise and eating habits have never been great - I've always tended to have sedentary interests and well I've been picky as shit forever. So a part of all my recent frustration is that I feel like I have health issues coming up in spite of my eating way better, way more well-rounded than I ever have in my life and doing regular exercise (though it's not like I'm doing marathons or anything - just mild exercise). But it may just be that my body needs to adjust to the new diet and my meds may need to be changed. That's kind of what Rev is thinking.

I've just gotta cool it until I get results on Tuesday.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2016, 04:24 PM
(03-07-2016 04:17 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Anyway, before they diagnosed me as hypothyroid, I had noticed I was tired more than usual and couldn't stay up as late as I normally could (I'm a night person), noticed my skin seemed to be dry a lot, etc. but I chalked it up to getting older. Awhile after I started having those issues, the doc decided to do some blood work on me and lo and behold I was hypothyroid so it made sense. And I do believe that I need to be on it because I felt a difference afterward.

All those symptoms for me too. I found out about a month after my first surgery that I was severely anemic...like nearly needing a transfusion anemic. OTC iron cleared that right up but I was still so tired...dry skin...so I went for more bloodwork and that's when they saw my thyroid levels were low. Both issues corrected pretty quickly and I was able to stop both the iron and the Synthroid in a pretty short amount of time.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
03-07-2016, 04:30 PM
(03-07-2016 04:24 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 04:17 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Anyway, before they diagnosed me as hypothyroid, I had noticed I was tired more than usual and couldn't stay up as late as I normally could (I'm a night person), noticed my skin seemed to be dry a lot, etc. but I chalked it up to getting older. Awhile after I started having those issues, the doc decided to do some blood work on me and lo and behold I was hypothyroid so it made sense. And I do believe that I need to be on it because I felt a difference afterward.

All those symptoms for me too. I found out about a month after my first surgery that I was severely anemic...like nearly needing a transfusion anemic. OTC iron cleared that right up but I was still so tired...dry skin...so I went for more bloodwork and that's when they saw my thyroid levels were low. Both issues corrected pretty quickly and I was able to stop both the iron and the Synthroid in a pretty short amount of time.

Hmm. Okay. Smile You've given me some stuff to think about. I've definitely never had an issue with being anemic - my iron is usually always high. Anyway, thanks Anj. Hug

03-07-2016, 07:54 PM
Dumbasses setting off fireworks all weekend even though there is a ban due to extremely dry weather.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
04-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Reading "24 hours that changed the world". Author outright says we're going to use his favorite Gospel, that we're ignoring the others unless he wants to quote them, so that he doesn't have to deal with the contradictions. Not even a full chapter in, but he's already making glaring Scriptural errors like saying the Gospel of John has no breaking of bread and wine...quick, nobody tell the entire super long sixth chapter of John's Gospel!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2016, 10:19 AM
Ugh. Cannot get out of my downtown area. They blocked off all streets for the fourth festivities with no detour signs. The guy directing traffic has no clue how to get around it either. I just want to go to starbucks Weeping Tongue
04-07-2016, 01:19 PM
(04-07-2016 10:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Ugh. Cannot get out of my downtown area. They blocked off all streets for the fourth festivities with no detour signs. The guy directing traffic has no clue how to get around it either. I just want to go to starbucks Weeping Tongue

Do you have maps of the subterranean sewage system and a flashlight?

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-07-2016, 02:44 PM
(04-07-2016 01:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 10:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Ugh. Cannot get out of my downtown area. They blocked off all streets for the fourth festivities with no detour signs. The guy directing traffic has no clue how to get around it either. I just want to go to starbucks Weeping Tongue

Do you have maps of the subterranean sewage system and a flashlight?

Laugh out load I love you Girly Heart You made me laugh so hard I spit out my drink!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-07-2016, 06:48 PM
'Cause why the fuck not.

The air conditioner part that is inside the house started leaking today. We just noticed it. Of course it's running into the one room that's not fucked up. It messed up picture frame from a picture from the kitchen we were storing in there.

And, as I walked out into the garage to see if I could help I slipped in the water and am pretty sure I broke my big toe.

Apparently the house has shifted again moving the foundation due to the change from all the rain to no rain and the pipe is bent and can't drain.

FML

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-07-2016, 07:47 PM
(04-07-2016 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  'Cause why the fuck not.

The air conditioner part that is inside the house started leaking today. We just noticed it. Of course it's running into the one room that's not fucked up. It messed up picture frame from a picture from the kitchen we were storing in there.

And, as I walked out into the garage to see if I could help I slipped in the water and am pretty sure I broke my big toe.

Apparently the house has shifted again moving the foundation due to the change from all the rain to no rain and the pipe is bent and can't drain.

FML

Damn y'all just can't catch a break. Undecided