Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-07-2016, 12:57 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Just saw someone on Facebook use a person's having an education as an insult against them. It reminded me of the time a friend voting for Trump told me, "What you book readers don't get-" and I was shocked someone considered reading books to be a bad thing.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
05-07-2016, 01:01 PM
(05-07-2016 12:57 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just saw someone on Facebook use a person's having an education as an insult against them. It reminded me of the time a friend voting for Trump told me, "What you book readers don't get-" and I was shocked someone considered reading books to be a bad thing.

"Listen here you PhD having big brainer."

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
05-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Well, he really is catering to the knuckle-draggers, right?
05-07-2016, 01:35 PM
The point may have been that the person in question may have been acting like they know everything about everything because "education". Much like scam artists like Kent Hovind likes to trot out so called PHD's to talk about how bullshit physics is even though their PHD is in religious bullshit. Much like a scientist that studies a certain field can school me on whatever their area of study is. I could probably however school them on the behavior of birds, unless it is a hobby for them as well. I don't really know the context here, so it is just a guess.
05-07-2016, 04:47 PM
Just found out my dad's in hospital. He would not tell me why. Now I have to go to hospital all day. I don't even know which hospital dad is in. He's 87. I have 5 hours of needles to look forward to. I am sick of hospitals!

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-07-2016, 05:22 PM
Nah it was someone trying to explain a natural reason for a landslide vs. "God did it", when they got the "insult".

Hope your dad is okay Banjo!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
05-07-2016, 05:44 PM
Yeah, I am pretty sure something is broken. Dodgy This house is going to be the death of me.

[Image: Toe%201_zpswd2xvvxm.jpg]

[Image: Toe%202_zpsltv0hwkw.jpg]

[Image: Toe%203_zpskowe3saf.jpg]

I may be arm wrestling Lady for the last of her Tramadol. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-07-2016, 05:53 PM
(05-07-2016 05:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Nah it was someone trying to explain a natural reason for a landslide vs. "God did it", when they got the "insult".

Hope your dad is okay Banjo!

Thanks mate. Smile
(05-07-2016 05:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Yeah, I am pretty sure something is broken. Dodgy This house is going to be the death of me.

[Image: Toe%201_zpswd2xvvxm.jpg]

[Image: Toe%202_zpsltv0hwkw.jpg]

[Image: Toe%203_zpskowe3saf.jpg]

I may be arm wrestling Lady for the last of her Tramadol. Sadcryface

It definitely looks very bad and in need of xray. Keep us posted. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
05-07-2016, 06:00 PM
You take care of yourself Banjo...I am sending lots of love your way...and some for your dad too.

I'll be fine...at least my foot is turning blue and will match my nail polish. Tongue

Just another day in paradise around here.

To make it extra special the couch I have been sleeping on is now in the kitchen. I get to sleep in the kitchen tonight because they are coming to start putting in the new floors tomorrow...this is so weird...sleeping in the kitchen. Good grief. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-07-2016, 06:05 PM
(05-07-2016 06:00 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You take care of yourself Banjo...I am sending lots of love your way...and some for your dad too.

I'll be fine...at least my foot is turning blue and will match my nail polish. Tongue

Just another day in paradise around here.

To make it extra special the couch I have been sleeping on is now in the kitchen. I get to sleep in the kitchen tonight because they are coming to start putting in the new floors tomorrow...this is so weird...sleeping in the kitchen. Good grief. Facepalm

Broken bones that don't set properly cause prablems. I know this. Get thee to an xray machine asap.

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post