Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-07-2016, 10:28 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Out of all the things that I can't get a hold on understanding, it is getting financial aid for a language school.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2016, 10:56 AM
(05-07-2016 06:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 06:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Laugh out load You're probably not that flexible. My eldest son used to suck his toes when he was young (<2 YO). Laughat

Actually I am that flexible...always have been.

Heh heh. Me too. Angel

I broke a toe once, it hurt a lot. Hope yours heals fast.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
08-07-2016, 10:16 AM
I've mentioned before that one of my cousins is married to a Baptist minister? They're planning their vacation road trip/a few days of work retreat in the middle, for later this month, and were calling to make sure I'd be in town when they hit this state. They're starting their multi-state trek, with the Creation Museum/Ark Encounter combo in KY. Facepalm

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2016, 06:24 PM
So I got the lab results back from my latest doctor visit and my Vitamin D levels are still quite low. Undecided I was at a 13 back in February and now I'm at 11. Confused So I'll be picking up the "D" at the pharmacy tomorrow. Hobo Tongue

Cholesterol is also high and the doctor prescribed me simvastatin 20mg but I think I am going to hold off on that. I am hoping that if I can get my Vitamin D levels back up, that that will help lower the bad cholesterol. It seems from what I've read that those two can be linked. Plus... fuck if I want to take a statin after reading about the damned things. Confused

In good news, it looks like in fact a tubal ligation would be covered fully under my insurance. Won't know for sure until I get with a doctor who would do it for me, 'cause they send some kind of procedure code to my health insurance to be certain that it's covered, but it's looking good so far. Now I just gotta figure out when to try and get that going because I also have got to get some dental work done at the end of the year and I'm wondering if there's any problem with having two sort of big-ish things done close-ish together? ish? lol

In other good news, my TSH levels look to be fine so my 25 mcg levothyroxine continues to be adequate.

Geez, though - seeing the bad result again on the Vitamin D deal and especially on the cholesterol upset me. First off because I know I am eating more well-rounded these days and I do exercise each day (okay it's not like I train for a marathon or anything but I do a fuck of a lot more than a lot of folks I know) and so it's just hugely irritating to feel like my body is "betraying" me. Secondly because of course you hear high cholesterol and you think heart disease. You think heart disease and that makes you think of a heart attack. And a heart attack makes me think of my dad. Sadcryface I can't let anything happen to me. I have too many people who are dependent on me. And the kids... they hate it at their dad's place, and that's who they'd be left with if something happened to me. So I worry. I can't do that to them. I have to try and take at least somewhat decent care of myself. I know all too well the feeling of losing a parent and I'm an adult for fuck's sake. How much worse it would be for them to lose the one parent they don't feel shat on by when they are still just kids and can't simply ditch their dad and live on their own.

Anyway, kind of one of those days that has me bummed and teary-eyed but also a bit happy at the bits of good news I got.

Human body... fucking intelligently designed my ass. Dodgy Stupid health bullshit going wrong with it... yada yada... >.>

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
08-07-2016, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 10:08 PM by Lienda Bella.)
Drinking Beverage

If certain violent ass holes would kill only other violent ass holes, that would be great! Unfortunately, the ass holes prefer to hurt everyone else!
[+] 2 users Like Lienda Bella's post
09-07-2016, 05:09 PM
(08-07-2016 10:02 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  Drinking Beverage

If certain violent ass holes would kill only other violent ass holes, that would be great! Unfortunately, the ass holes prefer to hurt everyone else!

In my experience as a video gamer, it doesn't matter if you kill the lvl5 n00b or the lvl110 pro, they're all worth 1 kill a piece.

I think ISIS and other terrorist groups work on the same logic. Gotta get those kill streaks yo.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-07-2016, 07:39 PM
I ought to have additional financial compensation when caring for bariatric patients. Or at least a gift certificate for a massage and prescription for flexeril. My back fucking hurts.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
09-07-2016, 07:58 PM
(09-07-2016 07:39 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I ought to have additional financial compensation when caring for bariatric patients. Or at least a gift certificate for a massage and prescription for flexeril. My back fucking hurts.

You get a big muscly dude that follows you around all day giving you back rubs.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
09-07-2016, 08:48 PM
(09-07-2016 07:58 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 07:39 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I ought to have additional financial compensation when caring for bariatric patients. Or at least a gift certificate for a massage and prescription for flexeril. My back fucking hurts.

You get a big muscly dude that follows you around all day with a forklift.

Fixt it for ya. Smile
10-07-2016, 05:23 PM
I love animals. I am all for animal rescue groups. One of our dogs, the cat, and one parrot are rescues.

I see these groups a lot (with dogs) when I go to PetSmart. I went there today to pick up Karma and Ziggy...time for Karm's summer fade and both needed a ton of plaster dust removed from their fur.

There was a rescue group set up in between the first and second set of doors. I stopped and glanced at the dogs like I usually do and then went to get mine. On the way out I kept my dogs far to the right since the cages with the rescues were on the left. The leashes were just long enough that the dogs and I weren't tripping over one another. All of a sudden this huge dog lunged at my dogs. He had to have weighed at least a hundred pounds and was tall like an Irish Wolfhound. Ziggy hit the ground and rolled over submissively and urinated on himself. Karm slipped out of her collar (that's never happened before) in her effort to get away. The big dog then lunged back at Ziggy and had his face right over Zig's belly and neck. I dropped to the floor in an effort to catch Karm and protect Ziggy at the same time.

Someone pulled the dog away but only about a foot. I was trying to get Karm's collar back on her while attempting to calm both of them down. The people with the rescue group didn't take the other dog outside or put him back in his crate.

I am not sure who was more scared. Both dogs nearly climbed over each other trying to get back into their crates in the car. Without thinking I put myself in a position to be hurt by the dog also.

I hope that whoever adopts that dog is aware that small dogs and puppies aren't safe around him.

Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat