Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-07-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Hugs Nurse!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-07-2016, 01:02 PM
I have a consultation scheduled with a highly recommended surgeon at the beginning of next week - surgery will probably be at the end of next week. One of my CRNA friends is going to talk to the scheduler and handpick my CRNA, and another one of my friends is going to scrub because he always assists this surgeon.

Surely I won't wake up during the middle of this surgery. Surely. Unsure I have terrible experiences with anesthesia. Terrible.

On a side note, my ER doc was one that started after I left - Jesus Christ he's smoking hot. My surgeon - also ridiculously good looking. If I'm going to be a patient, might as well enjoy the scenery. Laugh out load

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
12-07-2016, 02:38 PM
(12-07-2016 01:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I have a consultation scheduled with a highly recommended surgeon at the beginning of next week - surgery will probably be at the end of next week. One of my CRNA friends is going to talk to the scheduler and handpick my CRNA, and another one of my friends is going to scrub because he always assists this surgeon.

Surely I won't wake up during the middle of this surgery. Surely. Unsure I have terrible experiences with anesthesia. Terrible.

On a side note, my ER doc was one that started after I left - Jesus Christ he's smoking hot. My surgeon - also ridiculously good looking. If I'm going to be a patient, might as well enjoy the scenery. Laugh out load
Do you know if they are likely going to do it keyhole or not? Mine was, and although I did have to have general anaesthetic I was home the same day and off painkillers within 2 days. Three small scars about an inch wide each.
12-07-2016, 02:49 PM
(12-07-2016 01:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Surely I won't wake up during the middle of this surgery. Surely. Unsure I have terrible experiences with anesthesia. Terrible.

Pre-party medicate?

#sigh
12-07-2016, 03:46 PM
(12-07-2016 01:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Surely I won't wake up during the middle of this surgery. Surely. Unsure I have terrible experiences with anesthesia. Terrible.

That's the best time for jokes.

"Say doc, am I pretty on the inside?"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
12-07-2016, 03:53 PM
What the fuck did I do to my shoulder? It hurts like hell.
13-07-2016, 12:41 AM
(12-07-2016 04:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I just got home from the ER. Apparently I need my gallbladder out. Since the bile duct is not obstructed by the stones it was not deemed necessary for me to have emergency surgery. I'm to follow up with a surgeon sometime in the next week.

Gasp Sorry Nurse! Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-07-2016, 12:44 AM
(12-07-2016 01:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I have a consultation scheduled with a highly recommended surgeon at the beginning of next week - surgery will probably be at the end of next week. One of my CRNA friends is going to talk to the scheduler and handpick my CRNA, and another one of my friends is going to scrub because he always assists this surgeon.

Good luck with it. Hug

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-07-2016, 09:15 AM
Facepalm

My daughter spoke with me Monday, telling me that she wanted herself and I to go out and have a fun day Saturday (mini golf, ice cream, etc.), just me and her. My wife has been on me for months to take some leisure time with just my daughter and myself and thought it was a great idea... two days ago. Last night she just fucking invited herself. No, not just invited herself. Invited herself and started changing the plans. My daughter and I planned to go play mini golf and maybe see a movie, now my wife not only insists that she come, but that we go swimming instead, and proceeded to start calling other people, inviting them to what was supposed to be a dad-daughter thing when I didn't agree to the change in plans nor to invite a single other fucking person!

Angry

I'm so mad that I could choke a baby elephant.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
13-07-2016, 09:18 AM
(13-07-2016 09:15 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Facepalm

My daughter spoke with me Monday, telling me that she wanted herself and I to go out and have a fun day Saturday (mini golf, ice cream, etc.), just me and her. My wife has been on me for months to take some leisure time with just my daughter and myself and thought it was a great idea... two days ago. Last night she just fucking invited herself. No, not just invited herself. Invited herself and started changing the plans. My daughter and I planned to go play mini golf and maybe see a movie, now my wife not only insists that she come, but that we go swimming instead, and proceeded to start calling other people, inviting them to what was supposed to be a dad-daughter thing when I didn't agree to the change in plans nor to invite a single other fucking person!

Angry

I'm so mad that I could choke a baby elephant.

Tell her to butt out and do the original plan?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.