Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-07-2016, 09:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-07-2016 09:15 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Facepalm

My daughter spoke with me Monday, telling me that she wanted herself and I to go out and have a fun day Saturday (mini golf, ice cream, etc.), just me and her. My wife has been on me for months to take some leisure time with just my daughter and myself and thought it was a great idea... two days ago. Last night she just fucking invited herself. No, not just invited herself. Invited herself and started changing the plans. My daughter and I planned to go play mini golf and maybe see a movie, now my wife not only insists that she come, but that we go swimming instead, and proceeded to start calling other people, inviting them to what was supposed to be a dad-daughter thing when I didn't agree to the change in plans nor to invite a single other fucking person!

Angry

I'm so mad that I could choke a baby elephant.

I would go do the swimming thing Saturday since your wife has already invited other people. Talk to your wife and tell her how this upset you and that you and your daughter were really looking forward to a dad/ daughter day. Then plan to do your dad/daughter day on Sunday or the following weekend.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2016, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2016 09:41 AM by Old Man Marsh.)
(13-07-2016 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 09:15 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Facepalm

My daughter spoke with me Monday, telling me that she wanted herself and I to go out and have a fun day Saturday (mini golf, ice cream, etc.), just me and her. My wife has been on me for months to take some leisure time with just my daughter and myself and thought it was a great idea... two days ago. Last night she just fucking invited herself. No, not just invited herself. Invited herself and started changing the plans. My daughter and I planned to go play mini golf and maybe see a movie, now my wife not only insists that she come, but that we go swimming instead, and proceeded to start calling other people, inviting them to what was supposed to be a dad-daughter thing when I didn't agree to the change in plans nor to invite a single other fucking person!

Angry

I'm so mad that I could choke a baby elephant.

I would go do the swimming thing Saturday since your wife has already invited other people. Talk to your wife and tell her how this upset you and that you and your daughter were really looking forward to a dad/ daughter day. Then plan to do your dad/daughter day on Sunday or the following weekend.

I've had that talk with her at least a dozen times already, and she always has some pissant excuse. Not this time. This time, she's going to call the people that she invited, apologize to them, and apologize to both me and our daughter for disrespecting boundaries.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
13-07-2016, 09:50 AM
(13-07-2016 09:36 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(13-07-2016 09:24 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I would go do the swimming thing Saturday since your wife has already invited other people. Talk to your wife and tell her how this upset you and that you and your daughter were really looking forward to a dad/ daughter day. Then plan to do your dad/daughter day on Sunday or the following weekend.

I've had that talk with her at least a dozen times already, and she always has some pissant excuse. Not this time. This time, she's going to call the people that she invited, apologize to them, and apologize to both me and our daughter for disrespecting boundaries.

Oh I thought this was the first time. Well, in that case, yeah, definitely she should cancel.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-07-2016, 05:16 AM
Getting beaten up by another bout of insomnia... Though I was done with that.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-07-2016, 05:23 AM
I got very excited today when I saw that one of my favorite stand-up comedians (Louis C.K.) is coming to Prague next month. I immediately tried to reserve a ticket for his show, only to find out that they're already completely sold out. Dodgy

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! Angry

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-07-2016, 05:55 AM
(14-07-2016 05:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I got very excited today when I saw that one of my favorite stand-up comedians (Louis C.K.) is coming to Prague next month. I immediately tried to reserve a ticket for his show, only to find out that they're already completely sold out. Dodgy

Sad

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
14-07-2016, 05:57 AM
(14-07-2016 05:23 AM)Vosur Wrote:  I got very excited today when I saw that one of my favorite stand-up comedians (Louis C.K.) is coming to Prague next month. I immediately tried to reserve a ticket for his show, only to find out that they're already completely sold out. Dodgy

That's shite alright. No doubt people (touts) will be going online and selling said tickets at three times the face value.Dodgy

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
18-07-2016, 04:46 PM
The true Muffs took control last night at work. This new girl was pissing me off to no end so I got really pissy at her.
So much so I made the stupid bitch cry. My care levels were about the same as her work effort though (zero) so it's all good.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
18-07-2016, 05:33 PM
I feel like if I blocked everyone on Catholic Bronies that used the term "cancer" flippantly, e.g. "your daily dose of cancer" when discussing atheists, that I'd barely see another post there.

Also, no clue why I bothered extending an olive branch to Pasadi in that thread, lol. He was far more interested in beating atheists and pops over the head, than actually discussing God.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
18-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Tell them you know an atheist who beat cancer...without God...checkmate CBs.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post