Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-07-2016, 05:56 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-07-2016 09:15 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Facepalm

My daughter spoke with me Monday, telling me that she wanted herself and I to go out and have a fun day Saturday (mini golf, ice cream, etc.), just me and her. My wife has been on me for months to take some leisure time with just my daughter and myself and thought it was a great idea... two days ago. Last night she just fucking invited herself. No, not just invited herself. Invited herself and started changing the plans. My daughter and I planned to go play mini golf and maybe see a movie, now my wife not only insists that she come, but that we go swimming instead, and proceeded to start calling other people, inviting them to what was supposed to be a dad-daughter thing when I didn't agree to the change in plans nor to invite a single other fucking person!

How old's you daughter? 'Cause a perfect response from a kid "No Mom. You can drive me and Dad but you have to wait in the car." The younger, the better.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
18-07-2016, 06:57 PM
(18-07-2016 05:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Tell them you know an atheist who beat cancer...without God...checkmate CBs.

I'd probably get kicked out. (Which would put me next to the guy who left them because he didn't think they were condemning homosexuality enough.) Though fuck cancer, pardon the language, and woot for beating it! Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-07-2016, 09:33 PM
(12-07-2016 04:41 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I just got home from the ER. Apparently I need my gallbladder out. Since the bile duct is not obstructed by the stones it was not deemed necessary for me to have emergency surgery. I'm to follow up with a surgeon sometime in the next week.

My wife had gets out about 12 years ago. I saw firsthand how painful gallstones can be. Hug

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
19-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Ok. Had my appointment with the surgeon this morning. Scheduled my appointment for next Thursday to give me time to rearrange my work schedule and because I haven't had anymore problems. Well, until about an hour after my appointment. I've been hurting off and on all. Day. Long.

It's going to be a laparoscopic procedure - I'm not a candidate for it to be done robotically because of my size. He does them both ways.

I went to the water park with my son today. We left early because my stomach was hurting and to get out of the sun since I felt like I was burning. My back matches my red hot lipstick.

And I don't want to go to work tomorrow. God, why do you hate me so much? Why couldn't I have married a rich man that either wasn't a douche or didn't sign a prenup?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
19-07-2016, 09:12 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2016 10:01 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(19-07-2016 08:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Ok. Had my appointment with the surgeon this morning. Scheduled my appointment for next Thursday to give me time to rearrange my work schedule and because I haven't had anymore problems. Well, until about an hour after my appointment. I've been hurting off and on all. Day. Long.

It's going to be a laparoscopic procedure - I'm not a candidate for it to be done robotically because of my size. He does them both ways.

I went to the water park with my son today. We left early because my stomach was hurting and to get out of the sun since I felt like I was burning. My back matches my red hot lipstick.

And I don't want to go to work tomorrow. God, why do you hate me so much? Why couldn't I have married a rich man that either wasn't a douche or didn't sign a prenup?

Sorry about all the pain, be it gallbladder or sunburns. Sad Since we're apparently doing Opposite Day in the thread and you're asking God questions, it falls incumbent on me as a theist participating in Opposite Day to posit, "Because He doesn't exist?".

(Random fun fact, a prenup in Catholicism is grounds for an annulment, because it implies a marriage made under coercion.) Edit: To explain how I know...when the ex who cheated on and dumped me and I discussed marriage, she shot down my suggestion for one on those grounds.

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
21-07-2016, 04:06 PM
Here is a little rant:

Before I start: I am usually very relaxed, very laid back, very patient person. But even I have a max level of annoyance, that I can take...

So I have this coworker who, judging by his behaviour, has ADHD.
Here is what he does all day:
He talks, sings, beatboxes, makes other noises with his mouth >> All the time, nonstop
He wiggles his legs, he head bangs, he taps with his hands, he gets up and sits down, he moves around, he walks around, he does actual sports exsersizes at his desk (yes he does) >> Also all the time, nonstop
Now I have a real big problem with concentrating. I really need to filter out the fact that I am in an office (usually by putting on headphones and listening to things), and I need the people around me to behave like they are at work, so I can do my job.
Well this coworker usually sits opposite from me. Which is great because we have huge monitors and so I can't see it really and most of the time our monitor barrier also prevents me from hearing him when I got my headphones on and music loud.
Well this week he decided to sit right next to me for some fucking reason.
So he does his 8 hour dance right next to me, who already has trouble focusing.
In addition, he keeps tapping my shoulder every so often, to ask me a question about work (his buddy is on holiday). His questions are really stupid usually... I mean his questions proof that he did not think about it and he did not read in the policies or training material.
So first of all: When he asks a question and I give him an answer, he will ALWAYS argue against it. Doesn't matter that I used to be a coach there and doesn't matter that I am a quality auditor there now. My answer is not good enough. Honestly, if he argues and doesn't accept explanations and sources, then how about fuck right off and stop wasting my time.
Anyway that is not all of course. Today, I had a few lego pieces and I was playing around with those pieces for a few minutes while working. Suddenly he taps me on the arm AGAIN(!!) and I am already annoyed at that point and ask "what?!". He answers "This noise is straining" So I answer "Your wiggling is straining too" and I put my headphones back on without discussion because fuck that guy really. All I heard from him while I put my headphones back on was "oh really now" and he kept doing his bullshit dance all day of course because he is a selfish prick. Whenever anybody in the office tells him off about something, he doesn't take it serious. He used to work at another place where I used to work too (just at a different time) and I know that he annoyed the office with this behaviour there as well. I don't get, if you receive so much feedback on your bad behaviour, why you cannot make an effort to change it.
Like fucking wiggle and sing at home.
Even if he really has ADHD, I am 100% sure that he can drop this bullshit. Both my brothers have ADHD and they found ways to work like a normal person. I have ADD (i am not hyper active) and I found ways too focus.

Phew, it had to be said. Thanks

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -
[+] 1 user Likes Leerob's post
21-07-2016, 05:28 PM
(21-07-2016 04:06 PM)Leela Wrote:  Here is a little rant:

Before I start: I am usually very relaxed, very laid back, very patient person. But even I have a max level of annoyance, that I can take...

So I have this coworker who, judging by his behaviour, has ADHD.
Here is what he does all day:
He talks, sings, beatboxes, makes other noises with his mouth >> All the time, nonstop
He wiggles his legs, he head bangs, he taps with his hands, he gets up and sits down, he moves around, he walks around, he does actual sports exsersizes at his desk (yes he does) >> Also all the time, nonstop
Now I have a real big problem with concentrating. I really need to filter out the fact that I am in an office (usually by putting on headphones and listening to things), and I need the people around me to behave like they are at work, so I can do my job.
Well this coworker usually sits opposite from me. Which is great because we have huge monitors and so I can't see it really and most of the time our monitor barrier also prevents me from hearing him when I got my headphones on and music loud.
Well this week he decided to sit right next to me for some fucking reason.
So he does his 8 hour dance right next to me, who already has trouble focusing.
In addition, he keeps tapping my shoulder every so often, to ask me a question about work (his buddy is on holiday). His questions are really stupid usually... I mean his questions proof that he did not think about it and he did not read in the policies or training material.
So first of all: When he asks a question and I give him an answer, he will ALWAYS argue against it. Doesn't matter that I used to be a coach there and doesn't matter that I am a quality auditor there now. My answer is not good enough. Honestly, if he argues and doesn't accept explanations and sources, then how about fuck right off and stop wasting my time.
Anyway that is not all of course. Today, I had a few lego pieces and I was playing around with those pieces for a few minutes while working. Suddenly he taps me on the arm AGAIN(!!) and I am already annoyed at that point and ask "what?!". He answers "This noise is straining" So I answer "Your wiggling is straining too" and I put my headphones back on without discussion because fuck that guy really. All I heard from him while I put my headphones back on was "oh really now" and he kept doing his bullshit dance all day of course because he is a selfish prick. Whenever anybody in the office tells him off about something, he doesn't take it serious. He used to work at another place where I used to work too (just at a different time) and I know that he annoyed the office with this behaviour there as well. I don't get, if you receive so much feedback on your bad behaviour, why you cannot make an effort to change it.
Like fucking wiggle and sing at home.
Even if he really has ADHD, I am 100% sure that he can drop this bullshit. Both my brothers have ADHD and they found ways to work like a normal person. I have ADD (i am not hyper active) and I found ways too focus.

Phew, it had to be said. Thanks

Chloroform, rope, and a ball gag should do the trick.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
21-07-2016, 05:31 PM
(19-07-2016 08:02 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Ok. Had my appointment with the surgeon this morning. Scheduled my appointment for next Thursday to give me time to rearrange my work schedule and because I haven't had anymore problems. Well, until about an hour after my appointment. I've been hurting off and on all. Day. Long.

My younger daughter had her gallbladder out about ten years ago...three weeks later she had to have an emergency appendectomy. Both were laparoscopic...too bad they weren't able to combine the two.

Hope all goes well...we will need to hear the tales of nurse needing nursing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
21-07-2016, 08:10 PM
I'm gonna miss a surprise birthday party in Nashville because I'm having surgery the day before Sad I've been looking forward to this since the end of May. Sad

Ok. Work rant:
It is cruel and unusual punishment to give me an assignment where BOTH patients are on lactulose. Dodgy Neither patient needed ICU care. All I did was clean shit in one room and dart next door to unplug the IV pumps and cardiac monitor to get the other one to the toilet. All. Fucking. Day. I had to work over because I couldn't do any goddamn charting. Hell, all of my labs were late because of it. We seriously need nurses' aides. And a better charting system. How fucking difficult is it to create a decent fucking easily navigable fast software system?! [Image: EHR-Ps.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
21-07-2016, 09:14 PM
They use Epic Care at my doc's hospital system, I've lost count of the times at even a simple check up visit where the words have been uttered, "One second...this system is horrible."

Mini Rant: Who the hell takes their kids to Creation Museum and Ark Encounter as a serious thing?

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post