Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-07-2016, 10:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-07-2016 08:10 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm gonna miss a surprise birthday party in Nashville because I'm having surgery the day before Sad I've been looking forward to this since the end of May. Sad

Ok. Work rant:
It is cruel and unusual punishment to give me an assignment where BOTH patients are on lactulose. Dodgy Neither patient needed ICU care. All I did was clean shit in one room and dart next door to unplug the IV pumps and cardiac monitor to get the other one to the toilet. All. Fucking. Day. I had to work over because I couldn't do any goddamn charting. Hell, all of my labs were late because of it. We seriously need nurses' aides. And a better charting system. How fucking difficult is it to create a decent fucking easily navigable fast software system?! [Image: EHR-Ps.jpg]

I've seen some bad software in my time, so I feel for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2016, 10:37 PM
(21-07-2016 09:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  They use Epic Care at my doc's hospital system, I've lost count of the times at even a simple check up visit where the words have been uttered, "One second...this system is horrible."

Mini Rant: Who the hell takes their kids to Creation Museum and Ark Encounter as a serious thing?

People who truly want to believe in a benevolent creator, and want to make sure that their children believe the same. That's bad enough, but when the charlatans get into the picture, it is just sickening.
22-07-2016, 10:01 AM
(21-07-2016 10:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-07-2016 09:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  They use Epic Care at my doc's hospital system, I've lost count of the times at even a simple check up visit where the words have been uttered, "One second...this system is horrible."

Mini Rant: Who the hell takes their kids to Creation Museum and Ark Encounter as a serious thing?

People who truly want to believe in a benevolent creator, and want to make sure that their children believe the same. That's bad enough, but when the charlatans get into the picture, it is just sickening.

Fair point. Sorry to be cranky, just watched a relative's video of the Ark Encounter with their kids.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-07-2016, 10:36 AM
90 f and 90% humidity -- and TODAY is the day I pick to work on cleaning out the high loft in the barn...........

90 years of accumulation of junk, dirt, straw -- and for some reason - fiberglass insulation... (guess the squirrels/rats gotta nest somewhere)..

Sad

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-07-2016, 10:45 AM
(22-07-2016 10:36 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  90 f and 90% humidity -- and TODAY is the day I pick to work on cleaning out the high loft in the barn...........

90 years of accumulation of junk, dirt, straw -- and for some reason - fiberglass insulation... (guess the squirrels/rats gotta nest somewhere)..

Sad
If it makes you feel better, I'm currently working outside for the next 9 hours with high humidity and a heat index of 105 degrees Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
22-07-2016, 10:58 AM
House guests are out for a few hours, so I'm going to clean.

Poor "Bryce" isn't happy with the way my man drives Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-07-2016, 11:06 AM
(21-07-2016 08:10 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm gonna miss a surprise birthday party in Nashville because I'm having surgery the day before Sad I've been looking forward to this since the end of May. Sad

Ok. Work rant:
It is cruel and unusual punishment to give me an assignment where BOTH patients are on lactulose. Dodgy Neither patient needed ICU care. All I did was clean shit in one room and dart next door to unplug the IV pumps and cardiac monitor to get the other one to the toilet. All. Fucking. Day. I had to work over because I couldn't do any goddamn charting. Hell, all of my labs were late because of it. We seriously need nurses' aides. And a better charting system. How fucking difficult is it to create a decent fucking easily navigable fast software system?! [Image: EHR-Ps.jpg]

Dang. I really like athena - we have the Health Portal at my doctor's office and it's really nice to be able to message them w/o actually having to pick up the phone and - Gasp - talk to people. Hobo Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
22-07-2016, 11:35 AM
(22-07-2016 10:36 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  90 f and 90% humidity -- and TODAY is the day I pick to work on cleaning out the high loft in the barn...........

Sad

Fiberglass insulation?

That's free tp. Big Grin

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
22-07-2016, 12:27 PM
(22-07-2016 11:35 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Sad

Fiberglass insulation?

That's free tp. Big Grin

I'm gonna get the big shop-vac, vacuum it up -- then put it in industrial garbage bags..... You want it, I'll save it for ya....

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
22-07-2016, 01:26 PM
(22-07-2016 11:35 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  

Sad

Fiberglass insulation?

That's free tp. Big Grin

Do you fold it or bunch it?
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post